• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need Help with photo for DV2010

It was denied during the interview. The wife was the winner. Her photo was not denied. It is her older son's photo that caused disqualification of the entry

How about their other credentials? Education, money etc. Were they were satisfactory, but visa denied only because of the photo.

application form opened?!

For the love of God, they posted the same guide on the photo validator :( oh my ... what to do what to do :(

The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.

Making the face take 50% of the photo and having the shoulders and neck show is simply impossible :(

Is the photo validator working for you guys ? All i get after pressing submit is page can not be found ?

Hi Livingwater...On the website all I still see till now is ...starts soon...Has the application started? Has the application form pages and vaidator uploaded yet?
Thanks.

Dear brothers and sisters,
i m new in this forum. hope to find you very helping. i have a problem with photo validator and its not working and after few minutes it says page can not be found. i any one knows about it please let me know why it is happening.
Thanks to all.

Dear brothers and sisters,
i m new in this forum. hope to find you very helping. i have a problem with photo validator and its not working and after few minutes it says page can not be found. i any one knows about it please let me know why it is happening.
Thanks to all.

I had the same problem when trying to use the photo validator with Firefox. Try a different browser and it should work.

dear brother,
i use internet explorer, and few moments ago i used netscape but same problem with both browsers. i didn't use firefox.

hello, what should be the DPI?
In the instructions, it stays DPI must be at least 150. Doesn't it change the print size of the picture?
Thanks.

DPI is used for scanning purposes and for printing.
While scanning:
resolution of digital image created from paper image = size of paper image * dpi

For instance, if you scan a 2x2 image with 300 dpi you get 600x600 digital image

While printing:
Size of paper image created = resolution of digital image/dpi

For instance, if you print a 600x600 digital image with 300 dpi you get 2x2 paper image

dpi is not a property of an image (digital or paper one). Dpi is a property of the process of transferring an image into another form.
As I said, digital or paper image do not have dpi. Is use an absurd to talk about dpi of a paper image or about a dpi of a digital image.

hello, what should be the DPI?
150 or higher

In the instructions, it stays DPI must be at least 150. Doesn't it change the print size of the picture?
Only a paper image has print size. dpi is used to convert an image into another form (from paper to digital, and from digital to paper). Digital image does not have print size. So, you question does not make any sense. Is is the same as asking whether the moon size is a size of a platter or a size of a coin or a size of a match head.

Hello,
I would also like to know what you guys think of the following picture.

I measured everything and as far as proportions go, it seems just fine.

I am however worried about the shadow on the wall as well as a little bluriness in the picture.

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/3/10/5/f_PhotIDcachem_6959670.jpg

MY Friend Katching!
Could you please give me your email address? I will send you the corrected Sample picture to you(without that shadow). I am a photoshop expert and don't forget that I don't change anything in the picture, just correct the background and colors.;)

my email address: vahidgtu@gmail.com
;)

That is very generous of you VahidGTU! :)
My e-mail is the following: xx

Last edited by a moderator:
My Friend Katching!

I sent your sample picture to your email. If you like you can send me the original picture and I will correct it for you.

YOU, I AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM HAVE ONE GOAL THEN I THINK WE MUST HELP EACH OTHER TO REACH IT! :cool:

Thanks for this dude, I touched around a little a bit and now I have an awesome ID picture.

Speaking of, is there any way to edit an already-sent application?

Do you think I should be worried about my photos....I keep looking at them....and feeling upset...

Would they soley deny the visa based on the photos. Wouldn't they look in to other factors, such as higher education etc.

Honestly, I don't think it was such a smart idea to do it yourself, if there are plenty of professional (real!) photo shops out there that take American sized visa pics.

It is exceptional that someone was denied a visa at the interview based solely on their initial picture, since applications that fail the photo requirements aren't enrolled in the lottery in the first place. Hence, you will never know for sure if you don't get selected, and if you do make it to an interview, it was most likely a good photo after all.

How do you guy make a photo that with a resolution exactly 600 x 600 ?

I've taken a picture in a shop today, and told them my requirement,

it's turn out they are not making a even sided picture,i.e. 1498 X 1602 , and the size is only 235 kb .

Is that I should chop the photo myself with photoshop ? :confused: