• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

need help with DV 2005

scafandri

hello everybody,
i live in orlando and i am an F-1 student. i was lucky winner of DV2005, but with a higher number, i just filed my i-485 on september 23, cose my number just came up in september. i didn't get any answer yet as of today, please if anybody is in the same situation, what do u suggest i should do? thank you in advance!

scafandri said:
hello everybody,
i live in orlando and i am an F-1 student. i was lucky winner of DV2005, but with a higher number, i just filed my i-485 on september 23, cose my number just came up in september. i didn't get any answer yet as of today, please if anybody is in the same situation, what do u suggest i should do? thank you in advance!

you should have sent your i485 before september, no matter your number.

No I guess everybody has to wait until their numbers become current. Mine is EU34XX and it says in the visa bulletin apply in November so I am waiting. In this forum I read people"s disscussion and most of them are having problem because of filing their I-485 early and their application denied. SO they had to send them again.

scafandri said:
hello everybody,
since you got no answer and the last day to get adjusted is September 30, I'd say it's safe to assume you are not getting adjusted this year at all.

Shouldn't have sent your AOS forms - it would be too late anyway. By the time they process them....

I think he mispelled the year. It should be 2006 not 2005 because he mentions that his number is 34** and that it becomes available in November and this is true for DV2006.

two different guys...
The first one cleary said: DV2005, higher number... I am assuming that his number became current in September (the last month) and he filed and now it's too late for him.

If it isn't so, I am sure he'll explain himself better next time.