Need Help with a Background Check

Shoot!

Shit!

I wish I had read this forum before the interview. I just had my interview a few hours ago and the interviewer told me that my FBI name check wasn't complete.
He said I should get my GreenCard in the mail when I least expect it.

Now I wonder if there is anyone who has been told the same thing and got his GreenCard in weeks or 2-3 months. I'd appreciate it if someone could answer it.

Thanks.

Name Check

70% of People get name check cleared in 3 months, others can wait for 1,2,3,4 or 5 years
Sometimes its just your luck, it will get worse as FBI is overloaded year after year
google this yahoo group "namecheck tracker"
Good luck

2 name checks through FBI

we have adjustment of status in process since May of 01. My spouse has last name spelled two different ways. We had been issued a denial, with a very rare BIA overturn of the decision in March of '06. It took until Jan. of '07 for USCIS in NYC to recognize the overturned decision and assign the case to a new immigration officer. We had to provide documentation to explain different spellings of last name, which we did in Feb. '07. Only with Congressman's assist, were we able to find out that one of the name versions is apparently cleared. We were told the second version is pending, and sits in a queue with approx. 10,000 names of other people. We were told you do not hear back until the entire batch has been run. I have no idea what to expect at this point - 3 months or 3 years. 3 months would be a miracle for us at this point. FBI does not accept requests for expedited searches, so we are prisoners of this broken system.
I know people who brought over girlfriends on fiance visa's, and their names get run and through the system in less than 6 months. Why is that??????