Need Help with a Background Check

eddyn818

Hello
I applied for a green card on April of 2002, I took finger prints on June of the same year, I went to the LA office to inquire about my case and they keep telling me that the FBI RAP sheet is pending. I was called for an interview on June 7 , 2005 and again the officer didnt stamp my passport because of the same reason FBI RAP sheet pending and told to wait 90 days before inquiring about my case. I just want a know if any of you guys know of a way to inquire to the FBI about this. I did send an email to them abour the name check and according to them was completed and submitted to the INS on December 7, 2002 I dont know what to do know I have been waiting for this since 2002 can any of you guys help me out please...

Thanks
Eddy.

Pending 485

Hi Eddy,

Even I'm in the same situation. I applied for green card in April 2004 and gave fingure prints in May 2004. I have 2 cooegues with me had filled their green card at the same time as me. They got their grren car in Dec'2004. When I did inquire, INS replied as my case is pending at FBI.
How can I contact FBI regarding my case, can you provide me the email address you used to inquire your case with FBI.

Thanks
venu

I485 background check

I went to interview in Aug 2005, and i was told my background check is not cleared. Then I was told to wait for 180 days. If I haven't got any response after 180 days, then I need to go back to check again.
Just wondering how many people are through my situation now. Please share your experience here.

I-485 background check

Hi, Eddy
It's almost 90 days after your interview which is the time limit the ins gave you. I wonder if you have got your green card. Do you mind to share?

Waiting sucks

Hello there,

I have a similar situation. Me and my wife had our interview together on February 11-th this year. She has got her GC and I've not. Obviously the background check was an issue here. When I asked the office about at least an approximate waiting time she replied that such time does not exist and does not depend on the BCIS office.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process ?????

It's been 8 month. It sucks !!!!

:confused:

Guys,

I don't mean to scare you, but I've been waiting since 11/15/2002. I am finally seriously considering suing them. I will decide within the next few weeks after looking some more into it.

Rajiv had tried a class action law suit but unfortunately, it was not successful.

Hopefully, a few more law cases will get someone's attention in the congress and they'll start looking into it.

Good luck to you all.

Peeved,
I am in a similar situation and would like to know what are you doing to sue them ?? I am not sure if its going to help as they seems to be above the law and get away with pretty much everything in the name of Homeland security. But sueing them will atleast force them to come out and answer the court. They have even stopped responding to the emails enquiring about the name check. :mad:

Tired for waiting

Hello everyone!
I have the same situation as your guys. I hate the feeling each time drive to North Los Angeles St. Downtown LA and come back to home with nothing. :mad: The last inquiry is on Dec 2,05. The exact words on the letter is "Your application for adjustment of status is curruently pending: background security check". The worst thing is I may inquire after another 90 days.

Does anybody have been through this? Seriously why it take them so long to do this? Will they ckeck every place I went, every country I visit? I heard before that congreessman might help here. Does anyone knows how to contact them and what I should do to prepare it? Any difference between FBI RAP and background check?

gctarget06 said:
Peeved,
I am in a similar situation and would like to know what are you doing to sue them ?? I am not sure if its going to help as they seems to be above the law and get away with pretty much everything in the name of Homeland security. But sueing them will atleast force them to come out and answer the court. They have even stopped responding to the emails enquiring about the name check. :mad:

Well, first of all you need to make sure your priority date is current. Mine is. Next find a good attorney who is willing to file on your behalf. I am currently shopping around for an attorney I can afford. (I even read about a gentleman here who filed on his own behalf.)

My employer paid for filing all the way to I485 and is now paying for yearly renewals of EADs as well as H1. I have to pay for filing mandamus.

Good luck.

Me Too! let's get together and sue them,

Mine is very painful one. Ihave been waitting sice 03/09/2003. My nother past away two years ago I can't attand her funeral. I haven't see my childrens ( age 2 and 4 ) for fours years now.

I'm in LA. and would like to get together with all the people whose situations are similar. I'm suing them NOW. I strongly beleive that as a group our vioces could be more benefitcial to all of us.

Congessperson is not any help in thier power . I tried even the Senetor.

Cuties,

Folks,
I was getting ready to file a mandamus by myself (looks like it would cost around $ 300), but I think my NC just got cleared (was pending since oct 2003).
See my former posts for details, Good luck to everybody!

compass said:
Folks,
I was getting ready to file a mandamus by myself (looks like it would cost around $ 300), but I think my NC just got cleared (was pending since oct 2003).

Hello Compass,
Could you please clearify it's the $300 for the law suit 'cuase I talk to a lawyer an he told me it will cost me $2000 plus court exp.
Thanh a lot,

Al so Babo, would you like to get together?

cuties said:
Hello Compass,
Could you please clearify it's the $300 for the law suit 'cuase I talk to a lawyer an he told me it will cost me $2000 plus court exp.
Thanh a lot,

Al so Babo, would you like to get together?

It is for court fees, consists from a fee of ? plus several times $40, total is around 250-300 I think. This is if you do yourself.
If you have a lawyer, add lawyer's fee which can be $ 1500 - 5000 or more.

My wife's case is also pending in name check since 2004. I am now seeking help through congressman. For those who would like to go to court without a lawyer, you might need to find some law references before you go. I think many of you visiting this forum has law experience. If someone can post links and informations here. It would be a great help. Good luck to all of you.

compass said:
Folks,

Compass, congratulations! Mine is pending since Dec 2003. how did you hear that your NC got cleared? Is your PD current?

nati309 said:
Compass, congratulations! Mine is pending since Dec 2003. how did you hear that your NC got cleared? Is your PD current?

Hi Nati,
I think that it is cleared because my daughter called me and told, she received all 3 approval letters for us dated march 21 (for details see my recent postings in other threads), so I do not know when actually it got cleared.
I was in Balt office on March 16, asking on my NC status, but the lady officer there was NOT willing to give me any information on that, I was very polite but she was rude, so I left without any update thinking it was still pending, but since approval is dated March 21, maybe by that time NC was already cleared...
My PD is, and always was, current.

Stuck in Name Check

Hello guys,
It looks like there are quiet few of us who got stuck on the name check. My I-485 RD is 09/2003 @ Vermont center (I am on EAD #4). My lawyer has tried to get a congressman's help; I sent multiple requests to VSC; I went to Washington DC Immigration Office with InfoPass. It's absolutely useless. Except the "old news" that my case is pending a mandatory FBI name check, nobody could say anything. The Immigration Officer gave me FBI email address. It has been 2 months since I wrote a request. Nothing back...
My next step is Mandamus Action.
I am wondering how it would affect Legal Immigration if Illigal Immigration gets a green light. There are 12 million of them in the US. Illigals will have to go through the same Name Check, Biometrics, Service centers. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a priority in processing in order to collect their taxes and establish some kind of accountability and control over them.

---------------------
EB-2
I-485 RD 09/23/2003
I-140 approved 03/2004
FP - 10/2004 - already expired :rolleyes:
VSC

Boy, this is scary!!

OTOH, most of the illegal immigrants do not have a SSN and are not tracked by definition, right? So name check will be cleared for them in minutes ;)

GCprocess2001 said:
Hello guys,
It looks like there are quiet few of us who got stuck on the name check. My I-485 RD is 09/2003 @ Vermont center (I am on EAD #4). My lawyer has tried to get a congressman's help; I sent multiple requests to VSC; I went to Washington DC Immigration Office with InfoPass. It's absolutely useless. Except the "old news" that my case is pending a mandatory FBI name check, nobody could say anything. The Immigration Officer gave me FBI email address. It has been 2 months since I wrote a request. Nothing back...
I am wondering how it would affect Legal Immigration if Illigal Immigration gets a green light. There are 12 million of them in the US. Illigals will have to go through the same Name Check, Biometrics, Service centers. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a priority in processing in order to collect their taxes and establish some kind of accountability and control over them.

---------------------
EB-2
I-485 RD 09/23/2003
I-140 approved 03/2004
VSC

GCprocess2001 said:
Hello guys,

---------------------
EB-2
I-485 RD 09/23/2003
I-140 approved 03/2004
VSC

You may wish to wait just a little more...I was also thinking on mandamus! but...
My case is similar to yours and just got approved, see my posts in this thread and in other thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845&page=59&pp=15 (also someone alse posted recent approval for 2003 case)
I am also EB-2, I-485 RD also 9/2003, FP did also 10/2004, expired and did 2nd in Feb 2006...