Need Help / Suggestions

Vj73

Registered Users (C)
I had posted this in the I485 CSC issues forum sometime before...
I am in REAL need of help!!

Here is my case:

Started working for Company A in Dec '98. Started my GC with them in late 2000. Before my LC was approved, my company got split into A and B. (I still haven't figured out the reasons).

Anyway, due to some oversight on the part of the HR, I was moved to company B (even though, they were suppoesed to retain 'GC processing employees' with company A).
A and B were one and the same, same address, same phone #, same HR, same management. But, they were treated totally as different business entities. They had different tax id!!

In Feb '01, filed for my I 140 - (reason - GC is for future employment and one does not have to be employed with the processing company during the course of GC processing -- according to my attorney), when i was working with company B.

Then,in Feb '02, filed for my 485.
Company A and B are CA based. But, I have always lived and worked in TN.

In March '03 (well over a year after filing my 485), I started working for a TN based company. Again, job descriptions matched but the title is different (LC had Software Engg. and current employment is as Programmer Analyst) and the salary is slightly more than what was stated in the LC.

Attorney received RFE for 3yrs W2, 3 yrs IT returns, 4 pay stubs on 05/28/04.

Here is wht my attorney is saying now....
"the case is risky as you were not working for the petitioner when the I-140 was approved or when the I-485 was filed. We recommend having a H1B as a backup and filing a new backup Labor Certification if possible"

1. Is mine a good candidate for AC21???
2. Has anyone else been on the same situation as me??? if yes, pls tell me how you handled the situation??

Any help is greatly appreciated...

case # WAC-02-124-*****
currently working on EAD.

Your case is as good as any for AC21. Your 140 is approved, you currently have a similar permanent job- that is all that is needed. backup plans etc are an overkill, if you can't do AC21, fresh labor and fresh 140 etc maybe too much.
Good luck

Vj73 said:
I had posted this in the I485 CSC issues forum sometime before...
I am in REAL need of help!!

Here is my case:

Started working for Company A in Dec '98. Started my GC with them in late 2000. Before my LC was approved, my company got split into A and B. (I still haven't figured out the reasons).

Anyway, due to some oversight on the part of the HR, I was moved to company B (even though, they were suppoesed to retain 'GC processing employees' with company A).
A and B were one and the same, same address, same phone #, same HR, same management. But, they were treated totally as different business entities. They had different tax id!!

In Feb '01, filed for my I 140 - (reason - GC is for future employment and one does not have to be employed with the processing company during the course of GC processing -- according to my attorney), when i was working with company B.

Then,in Feb '02, filed for my 485.
Company A and B are CA based. But, I have always lived and worked in TN.

In March '03 (well over a year after filing my 485), I started working for a TN based company. Again, job descriptions matched but the title is different (LC had Software Engg. and current employment is as Programmer Analyst) and the salary is slightly more than what was stated in the LC.

Attorney received RFE for 3yrs W2, 3 yrs IT returns, 4 pay stubs on 05/28/04.
---send the RFE and what is asked
Here is wht my attorney is saying now....
"the case is risky as you were not working for the petitioner when the I-140 was approved or when the I-485 was filed.
-----Ask the attorney where is the law or regulation or MEMO that says you have to be working with petitioner before I-485 approval? Read the august AC21 Memo page 5 or last paragraph. employer X can file LC for the person Y who is not working with them and after LC approval X can file I-140 for Y and Y is not working with them. where is the law that says you need to work at the time of I-140 filing or at the time of I-140 approval?? GC is for future job after I-485 is approved then only you need to join X. I dont think you have good lawyer.

We recommend having a H1B as a backup and filing a new backup Labor Certification if possible"
---H1B is ALWAYS a good back up and new LC is also good back up. But I dont agree that you need to be working with your employer at the time of I-140 approval.
1. Is mine a good candidate for AC21???
-----Yes
2. Has anyone else been on the same situation as me??? if yes, pls tell me how you handled the situation??

Any help is greatly appreciated...

case # WAC-02-124-*****
currently working on EAD.

Thanks for the reply Ginnu!! but...

Thanks Ginnu... but, what happens if company X is not in existance anymore?? In my case, as you had said, X did file for my LC, I was working for Y when LC was approved, working for Y when my I40 was filed and approved and working for Y when my I 485 was filed. Sometime after that X went out of business and I joined Z.

So, there is no question of going back to work for X after GC approval.... Currently I am working for Z (a fortune 500) and they are 'supporting' my case.
Is my case still valid for AC21 / future employment???

Vj73 said:
Thanks Ginnu... but, what happens if company X is not in existance anymore?? In my case, as you had said, X did file for my LC, I was working for Y when LC was approved, working for Y when my I40 was filed and approved and working for Y when my I 485 was filed. Sometime after that X went out of business and I joined Z.
------- use AC21 with job offer letter of Z
So, there is no question of going back to work for X after GC approval....
-----No need the company does not exist, if any info of company closure keep it with you
Currently I am working for Z (a fortune 500) and they are 'supporting' my case.
------Send the letter of Z and use AC21
Is my case still valid for AC21 / future employment???
----YES through Z

Ginnu

Thanks once again....
I've sent out an email to my attorney quoting the guidelines issued by BCIS to its directors dated Aug 4 '03 about the interpretation of an AC21 case / 180 day rule / continuing validity of I140 (HQBCIS 70/6.2.8 -P).
Waiting on them to respond back....
shall keep you guys posted!!!
-- Vj

Hi Vj73,

I am also sailing on the same boat! Ginnu gave me confidence, when I was posting on this forum. And also, had conversation with my attorney... suggested to wait for RFE and respond as per that.

Good luck, keep us posted about your progress on your case!