Need help!!! Please

msx86.net

Registered Users (C)
I filed my citizenship in Boston office. I was interviewed in the first week of May 2010 and passed the interview. The office told me that he ONLY had citizenship file. He gave and paper which shows that I passed the test.

Since then I filed one service request and I received an email sayingthat they are working on my case and if I don't here from them in next 6 months. I should contact them..

What is the next step for me?

Thanks,

I filed my citizenship in Boston office. I was interviewed in the first week of May 2010 and passed the interview. The office told me that he ONLY had citizenship file. He gave and paper which shows that I passed the test.

Since then I filed one service request and I received an email sayingthat they are working on my case and if I don't here from them in next 6 months. I should contact them..

Thanks,

The next step is what they asked you to do, contact them and find out when you will be sworn it. It means the officer didn't receive your entire file from NBC or archival dept. It is my understanding that they review every file on record about your case, before giving you the burden of being a USC. Contact your Congressman, Senators (Brown and Kerry) and it appears contacting those US Congress people produces results. Go to the CA or Los Angeles N400 threads, it appears couple of people there were able to force USCIS hand with the help of a Congressman. Are you Barney Frank district? If you are, he will certain get you the help you need..

Thanks,
Next step would be to get a current update from USCIS via Infopass and request to speak with supervisor (make sure you record all names of the people you talked to). Also consider contacting congressperson and USCIS Ombudsman. Finally, since 120 day limit since interview has passed, if you don't get any results from inquiries consider filing 1447(b) lawsuit.

Hi,

Thank you for the support. I contacted congreeman's office and they contacted the immigration and heard back from immigration. They says that Boston office requested my file on April, 2010, which they haven't received yet. Immigration asked the congressman's office to contact back in about 60 days I or congressman don't hear back from them before.

What does this mean?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thank you for the support. I contacted congreeman's office and they contacted the immigration and heard back from immigration. They says that Boston office requested my file on April, 2010, which they haven't received yet. Immigration asked the congressman's office to contact back in about 60 days I or congressman don't hear back from them before.

What does this mean?

Thanks
It means they are stalling on your case. Unless you want to risk waiting another 60 days to see what happens, file 1447(b) lawsuit to get things moving.

This is very discouraging to that there is no benefit to contact congressman. Why do people suggest in other forums to even try to contact the congressman?
Because it does help to contact congressperson, either to get case moving or to show that you have exhausted all your means before filing 1447(b).

This is very discouraging to that there is no benefit to contact congressman. Why do people suggest in other forums to even try to contact the congressman?

The help you got from your Congressman/woman is that they were able to hear from USCIS within a relatively short period of time, unlike it has taken you recently. I wonder if your lawmaker had told you this "Your case has been approved" and wonder if you will still be questioning the usefulness of their help...hmmmmmmmm?

What you need to do, is to carefully look at the information contained in this link below. It has all the information you need to personally file a lawsuit without spending any dime on a lawyer. If you need help, write the summons and post it here, we will help you edit and prepare it for a battle with USCIS. I have personally written one years ago and helped a friend threaten to sue USCIS, dropped a copy during an INFO PASS and within two weeks, USCIS has send an oath date.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...nst-USCIS-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-(Merged)