Need Help- I 730 process

moneys

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I need some advice.

My asylum was granted in June 2010 and in same month I have filled I-730 for my wife who is in India.
In December 2011 NVC has forwarded approved petition to USCIS office in India.
My wife was interviewed in March 2012.

Last week I have sent them(USCIS in India) email to check the status of my wife's petition, they replied me back with:
"Please be advised that your case is pending for mandatory clearances from Department of State. We will keep you updated upon receipt of the necessary clearances."

I have few questions:
What are these mandatory clearances from Department of State?
What they do in that and how long it take to finish it?
How long will it take for my wife to come here?

It would be great if you can give me any suggestions and if you can share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I need some advice.

My asylum was granted in June 2010 and in same month I have filled I-730 for my wife who is in India.
In December 2011 NVC has forwarded approved petition to USCIS office in India.
My wife was interviewed in March 2012.

Last week I have sent them(USCIS in India) email to check the status of my wife's petition, they replied me back with:
"Please be advised that your case is pending for mandatory clearances from Department of State. We will keep you updated upon receipt of the necessary clearances."

I have few questions:
What are these mandatory clearances from Department of State?
What they do in that and how long it take to finish it?
How long will it take for my wife to come here?

It would be great if you can give me any suggestions and if you can share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Following from: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=e0b081c52aa38210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Refugee and Asylee Follow-to-Join Engagement

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) International Operations Division and Public Engagement Division invite any interested individuals to participate in a teleconference on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Eastern) to receive an update on the Refugee and Asylee Follow-to-Join (Form I-730) pilot program that was launched overseas by USCIS and the Department of State (DOS) last year.

On March 31, 2011, USCIS and DOS began piloting new Form I-730 processing procedures at five overseas locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Guatemala City, Guatemala; New Delhi, India; Port-au-Prince, Haiti; and Yaoundé, Cameroon. The pilot procedures were jointly developed by USCIS and DOS in an effort to improve customer service and to provide greater consistency, efficiency, and security in the processing of these important humanitarian cases.

During this engagement USCIS will provide an update on the pilot and plans for future implementation. In addition, subject matter experts will be available to answer questions from stakeholders.

To Participate in the Session
Please email the Public Engagement Division no later than August 6, 2012 at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

Please reference “Follow to Join” in the subject line of your email. Please also include your full name and the organization you represent in the body of the email.

To Join the Session
On the day of the engagement please use the information below to join the session by phone. We recommend calling in 10 minutes prior to the start of the teleconference.

Call-in Number Inside the US: 1-800-779-9654
Call-in Number Outside the US: 001-212-547-0238
Passcode: 730

We look forward to engaging with you!

Guys it would be great if you share your experience...
Anybody in same boat or anybody under new pilot process...?

i 730 process

hi,
can you please find out what she got after she finishes her interview did she recieved anyhing from the one who took her interview,coz, i also had interview on july in New Delhi ,my wife is in U.S ,me and my son had interview last week they handed me paper and it was written your i730 is approved and we are keeping your pasport so we can placed visa in it.and i m waiting for the paasport.

hi,
can you please find out what she got after she finishes her interview did she recieved anyhing from the one who took her interview,coz, i also had interview on july in New Delhi ,my wife is in U.S ,me and my son had interview last week they handed me paper and it was written your i730 is approved and we are keeping your pasport so we can placed visa in it.and i m waiting for the paasport.

Hi kalim28,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
As far as I remember my wife was not given any kind of letter.

Please...
if anybody have received I-730 approval under new rapid system, please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.