Need help from H4 to TN

madhubala

Registered Users (C)
hi all,
i am a canadian citizen living in USA on H4 visa. i am eligible for TN visa. whats the best process for applying TN visa? At the border if they reject my TN can i come back to USA on the same day with my H4 or i have to go back to canada? If i apply through i-129 how long does it take to get TN visa?

Thanks.

madhubala said:
i am eligible for TN visa. whats the best process for applying TN visa?

Either by having your employer file an I-129, or giving you an offer letter for you to take to the border.

At the border if they reject my TN can i come back to USA on the same day with my H4 or i have to go back to canada?

Generally speaking, you should be able to return as an H-4 unless the POE suspects you'll work illegally. That's rare, and I've never heard of that happenning. Make sure your offer letter is clear and bulletproof. If you have a foreign degree, get it evaluated.

If i apply through i-129 how long does it take to get TN visa?

Check the NSC processing times from the USCIS web site.

hi

Im also in the same situation as you madhu. I was just wondering if you have got the TN visa and if you can tell me the eligiblity requirements. I will really appreciate. Thank you.
Monika

TN Procedure

Hi,

I am going to apply for TN visa in next couple of weeks. I live in toronto and want to know the procedure for TN.

1. What is general documents requirment?
2. Which border is best for TN?
3. Rgt now I am in US, its neccessary to leave US first and than apply for Visa?
4. Can I apply for Visa 1 month before the date of joining?

I really appreciate for your help.

Thanks