need help for BAMS medical graduate

To remain in the medical field.
It depends on what you want to do and your skills in Math, Stat, computer, English W, spoken English could affect what you could exceed in the career.
In general, something that gives you license in healthcare is valuable in the US. Such as MD and DO. Physician Assistant program is attractive too! it is only 2 years. There is MS in Medical Informatics like Clinical Informatics in Uni of Texas, that will also use your doctor skills and knowledge.

Second choice.
Apart from that, 2-3 years MPH with the focus on Applied Epidemiology, Applied Health Informatics from Emory Rollins School of Public Health, Executive MPH program (it is online mostly and on campus only 6 days /semester) could be good or from other schools such as John Hopkins, Harvard, etc.
If you are good in Stat, SAS, R it helps for job and Epi focus on these in the analysis. My husband doing EMPH @Emory.
SAS certification can be done.
It is big data or real-time data era now. So mathematical related Analytical skills help.

Other MPH like Global Health, General MPH from top 5 universities in US would help too , I guess.

If you have the green card you can get US dept education loan.
Education is costly in US.

It depends on what will keep you happy.

I do not have much idea about MBA.
Thanks for your guidance Abhudha.
I will look into the courses you have suggested.
I was thinking of starting with BSN prerequisites, just to get an idea about the education system.
Also ACE BSN can be done in an year after completing prerequisites and MSN can be online later when kids grow up.
Though personally I also like PA better than BSN.

Will keep you posted

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.
Just a piece of advise-
Get your transcripts evaluated through ECE.
You will get Bachelor's equivalent credit and ECE evaluation is widely accepted.
Thereafter you can be eligible for many Master programs after doing the prerequisites.

Anyone who wants to continue practicing Ayurveda in US should become a NAMA professional member.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey I contact to WES and they refused for Degree Evaluation
They mailed me back this
Study programs in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems are not offered by regionally-accredited, recognized institutions in North America. As a result, WES does not evaluate academic documents for these study programs.

My question is How can i get Degrees Evaluation ? Is there any other option rather than WES ..? Please guide me I need your help feel free to contact me on theskysay@Gmail.com

Hey Nisha there are couples of options like MPH and MHA but you already choose Mph. I will suggest you stick with that..
also I’m trying to get my Degree Evaluation but WES Reply me with this
“Study programs in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems are not offered by regionally-accredited, recognized institutions in North America. As a result, WES does not evaluate academic documents for these study programs.”

Where you get your Degree Evaluation? Is there any option rather than WES ? Kindly Guide me
Feel free to contact me
Theskysay@Gmail.com

Hey Nisha there are couples of options like MPH and MHA but you already choose Mph. I will suggest you stick with that..
also I’m trying to get my Degree Evaluation but WES Reply me with this
“Study programs in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems are not offered by regionally-accredited, recognized institutions in North America. As a result, WES does not evaluate academic documents for these study programs.”

Where you get your Degree Evaluation? Is there any option rather than WES ? Kindly Guide me
Feel free to contact me
Theskysay@Gmail.com
ECE will evaluate BAMS as a Bachelor's course equivalent, but in a field not offered in US.
Another agency CED evaluates BAMS as Bachelor of Science.

Helo ssdm,
I recently completed my BAMS degree nd currently preparing for GRE nd TOEFL, hoping to get an admission in MPH program in a graduate school of the USA. So, I m requesting for a genuine help whether MPH schools there will accept our BAMS degree as bachelors degree or not. For that which would be better option for evaluation: ECE or CED

Helo ssdm,
I recently completed my BAMS degree nd currently preparing for GRE nd TOEFL, hoping to get an admission in MPH program in a graduate school of the USA. So, I m requesting for a genuine help whether MPH schools there will accept our BAMS degree as bachelors degree or not. For that which would be better option for evaluation: ECE or CED
It's hard to answer that
. I enquired about 2 different programs in same University.They were ready to accept my Bachelor's equivalent credit from ECE for one program, but not for the other.

BAMS credentials evaluated by WES, NY

Dear Abhuda Sir
I am a BAMS graduate with a post graduate in Health management and a Masters in International Public Health. I wish to apply for a Doctorate in Public Health (DrPH/PhD) from identified US universities. I am supposed to get my credential evaluation from WES, but documents were returned back saying that they do not evaluate this degree. With respect to your earlier response dated June 2006 (Quoted below), I wish to know that how did you submit your wife's application? My BAMS mark-sheet is not indicating Course titles in English and credit hours and grades per course as per the requirement of the WES credential evaluation. Can it be possible without that? Did u mention the credit hours in transcript, if so please guide what is the right procedure for the same and how should I get my transcript prepared from My university!

"My wife's BAMS edu credentials were recently evaluated by World Edu Service, NY. They equated it to US university equivalent 3.88/4.00 GPA and 160 credit hours in total. BAMS is five and one half year degree in India, so WES equated it US university 5 and one half year education . It means BAMS has credit hours higher than US BS degree. The evaluation was done course by course for study purpose. WES made a note on evaluation report that BAMS is a non traditional medicine (ayurvedic) degree in India, and the candidate may be evaluated for breadth of knowledge for education purpose in area of study. Therefore if want to go for MS/PhD in Biological science US university may take placement test or ask for subject GRE in Biology/Biochemistry. My wife is planning to enter university as postbacculurate, and do Biology, english and a few courses before taking MCAT or apply for PhD with GRE score"

Reaching my target:

Finally my medical school DO program is almost over, will graduate in May last week.
I matched Internal Medicine residency program (in ACGME NRMP match) that begins July 1, 2019, 12 miles from my home-so can stay with family.
I see messages in my inbox, I will respond over the week end. Just returned from Radiology clinical elective from University.

Abhuda

Hi Abudha
This is Sangeeta
I have done my BAMS frm India
I want to try in teaching field in United States
Where should I go for evaluation
Thanks

Sangeeta,
Visit: http://www.naces.org/members.html

You can read what is NACES: http://www.naces.org/about.html

You can do from any member that is convenient for you.

Depends on what teaching? If you want to go for K-12, then do following.
Get BAMS evaluated as BS degree. This you can use to get a substitute teacher job in K-12 in your school district. Basically you work as substitute for teacher/Asst teacher, when one of them is absent.
I did this job for many years worked as Sub for Grade 1-12. In 2015 before entering DO I was Sub teaching Math/Physics to 9-12. I obtained BS in Molecular and Cell Biology degree in the U.S. by then.
Once you are in school environment, you will learn a lot interpersonal skills and se opportunities what you need to do to gain those.
BAMS can be used for Sub as BS, but not to get certified as teacher or para-pro.
You will need to attend school here for that.

Easy, you can call your K-12 school district HR office and ask that you want to apply for Substitute Teacher position and want to get your India bachelor degree evaluated. Which organization they recommend? If they have no preference then use your preference from the list to do evaluation.

Good luck,

Abhuda.

Hi Abudha thanks a lot for ur reply
I appreciate ur patience in answering questions
I understood that I need to evaluate my education
But I didn’t get to evaluate as BS
What should I do for that
And should I go for some course here
Thanks

Hi Abudha thanks a lot for ur reply
I appreciate ur patience in answering questions
I understood that I need to evaluate my education
But I didn’t get to evaluate as BS
What should I do for that
And should I go for some course here
Thanks

BAMS will be evaluated as equivalent to a US Bachelor degree and may not be a BS degree. Still, you can get as Sub teacher job. Just going to school will not help-start acquiring experience as Sub teacher. Then you will also know if you like teaching or not? or want to try something in Healthcare.

I went through the entire thread and many have already shared their e-mail ids for further information by users. How am I suppose to reach out to someone with documents then ?