need help for BAMS medical graduate

Hi..... I am BAMS student from Nashik university, India. I had done my 1 year post graduate diploma in Emergency Medical Services. Now i am doing my First semester(spring) At California State University Northridge in MPH (program Planning) Shall i change my Major to Health Administration ? Which one is good for getting H1 visa? Is there any other good option other than these two? I am currently on F1 visa.

Also is that true BAMS person is not eligible for USMLE?

Please someone help me as i dont want to waste my time. I am here from just one month. If there is any other good option i can do something fast.

so please help me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

So will you please suggest me what can i do as a BAMS person? I am feeling like that i am wasting my time doing MPH. what shall i do for job?

Please someone guide me.

You can do MD alternate medicine in US. You may have to take few pre med course before joining.

Thanks,

So will you please suggest me what can i do as a BAMS person? I am feeling like that i am wasting my time doing MPH. what shall i do for job?

Please someone guide me.

hi,
we r unfortunate thing is that bams,bhms etc cours es r not eligible to practice.myself did bhms from india and sitting idle.if anyway one suggest me which course is suitable for me so that i can get employment.
thanks

Hi Nisha,

I did my BAMS last year from India and currently settled in US with my family. Would like to talk more about this with you. Could we talk. Please drop me an email at vaishalisahu81@gmail.com.

Vaishali.

Thanks,

Please someone guide me.

bams to MPH?

Hi Nisha,

How could u get into MPH?they will ask for bachelors degree rt?but our BAMS is not recognised as bachelors degree over here....!!I tried to get into MS but every time i'll get reply that u r not qualified....even though I did few prerequisite in biology courses.So could u please tell me how were u able to get into MPH.Any other document u provided?This is really very important to me...please do reply.need to get into MS badly.my contact ID is sonysandy21@yahoo.com.....thanks in advance.

bams to MPH?

bams to MPH?

Hi Nisha,

How could u get into MPH?they will ask for bachelors degree rt?but our BAMS is not recognised as bachelors degree over here....!!I tried to get into MS but every time i'll get reply that u r not qualified....even though I did few prerequisite in biology courses.So could u please tell me how were u able to get into MPH.Any other document u provided?This is really very important to me...please do reply.need to get into MS badly.my contact ID is sonysandy21@yahoo.com.....thanks in advance.

I am BAMS from India (1999) doing BS in US to try to enter in MD program

I have posted earlier user name Abhuda. I am attending a community college in Georgia- BS Premed major. So far I completed 54 credits ( I took 18 credits/semester) and got all "A" grades except English 1101 and 1102 where I got "B". My GPA is 3.90. I am now doing Anatomy and Phsiology classes in summer - fast track (8 credits, 3+1 each). I finished Calculus I and II as well. I will transfer to UGA in JAn 2010 and complete Org Chem , Physics, Endocrionology, Biochem and Genetics. I want to major in Microbiology. I hope I can finish BS by 2011 end, 120 credits- including summer sessions.

I shall work on MCAT after I complete Org Chem and Physics at UGA.

I want to give a shot for MD program in US and if could not get- will go to Carriabean St Georges/Saba Med School.

By the way I have 2 kids- elder will be 6th grader and younger 1st grader in August 2010.

It is a wonderful experience to attend classes in US in college. The teaching is extraordinary as compared to India. There are very good text books. My teachers are highly impressed by my motivation and grade performance.

Hope it may motivate others.

Abhuda

Thanks a lot for giving us alot of information ... This is really very beneficial for me. I like it so much........

I was also looking for something like this for ma relatives. Thanks for giving all these suggestions. And if any problem fro court docs the i can help u out

I just wanted to do a BAMS (Bachelors of Aurvedic Medicine) but i want to know that which university is good...

If you are a BAMS student in US, Please Read!

I am a BAMS graduate, and I wanted to share my story with all. Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to add information as this is the first result of a Google search for "BAMS in US"! Hopefully this will help someone...

I got married and came to the US in 2008. I was quite naive initially and believed my degree will be worth something here. I wasted a year trying to get into a masters program and PA school. The sad news is that BAMS is a definite dead-end in the US - It is *not* recognized as a bachelors program. After lots of deliberation, I decided that the best way forward is to drop it.

Please don't waste your time, money and effort sending your transcripts to WES (World education services) for evaluation - Please trust me, I have been through it all. They are just a money making outfit. They use generic verbiage from a template in their transcripts, and in the end, universities *do not* accept it.

It has happened to me with 3 different universities... Not a SINGLE credit was transferred. The problem is that WES will not say anything about accreditation in the transcripts. Universities here only honor accredited degrees. I am pretty sure WES is well aware of this.. but they make money from innocent international students.

After a lot of analysis, I finally narrowed my focus to Nursing - It is well aligned with health science, does not take very long, and is in demand in the US.

I enrolled in a community college, ran through all the prerequisites pretty quickly - all told, I finished 36 credits in 3 semesters. I got admitted to ASN (Associate of science in Nursing) in Fall 2009 .. and graduated in Spring 2011 (5 semesters).. Not bad at all.. I am now comfortably employed and feel like a contributing member of society. The effort was totally worth it! I hope do my BSN and finally get into PA school in the near future.

To all my other BAMS friends, I would only say that the sooner you decide to make a fresh start, the better it will be for you in the US. Good Luck!

Hi!Thanks for letting us know exactly how it is and thus helping us make better decisions !

I am a BAMS graduate, and I wanted to share my story with all. Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to add information as this is the first result of a Google search for "BAMS in US"! Hopefully this will help someone...

I got married and came to the US in 2008. I was quite naive initially and believed my degree will be worth something here. I wasted a year trying to get into a masters program and PA school. The sad news is that BAMS is a definite dead-end in the US - It is *not* recognized as a bachelors program. After lots of deliberation, I decided that the best way forward is to drop it.

Please don't waste your time, money and effort sending your transcripts to WES (World education services) for evaluation - Please trust me, I have been through it all. They are just a money making outfit. They use generic verbiage from a template in their transcripts, and in the end, universities *do not* accept it.

It has happened to me with 3 different universities... Not a SINGLE credit was transferred. The problem is that WES will not say anything about accreditation in the transcripts. Universities here only honor accredited degrees. I am pretty sure WES is well aware of this.. but they make money from innocent international students.

After a lot of analysis, I finally narrowed my focus to Nursing - It is well aligned with health science, does not take very long, and is in demand in the US.

I enrolled in a community college, ran through all the prerequisites pretty quickly - all told, I finished 36 credits in 3 semesters. I got admitted to ASN (Associate of science in Nursing) in Fall 2009 .. and graduated in Spring 2011 (5 semesters).. Not bad at all.. I am now comfortably employed and feel like a contributing member of society. The effort was totally worth it! I hope do my BSN and finally get into PA school in the near future.

To all my other BAMS friends, I would only say that the sooner you decide to make a fresh start, the better it will be for you in the US. Good Luck!

I completely agree to what you've written above.Here are my questions/concerns:
I want to go the IT route.I tried my luck for 4 years in it and I enjoyed it.Now I need to decide what courses should I do so that I can train well and find a decent job in the IT field.I want to do a Masters in IT(I know might sound stupid because obviously I have a Bachelors in Ayurveda and not IT).Can you advise /or anybody else going this route if we are eligible to do it and what are the prerequisites.I have a three yr old so I am more interested in Colleges that offer Online Courses too.Life's given us a second chance and this time I intend to do it right..atleast course wise;)pun intended:).
Appreciate all the advise that I can get to start my career options here.
Thanks in advance!

Bams wes evaluation

Hi,

I am a bams graduate from india. i am planning to do my masters in US. I m preparing for Gre nd Toefl. What are the chances of mine for settling in US. My ultimate goal is to do masters in US. What kind of courses can i do over there. My bams transcripts are in sanskrit language. How can i evaluate my credentials? Does WES evaluation will really be helpful for me? Does US really consider my degree as bachelors over there? If not, what shud my next alternative ? There are several questions rankling in my mind. In addition to BAMS degree, i have a pg diploma in bioinformatics. I am also a certified professional coder from american academy of professional coders. I need lot of help from you people. How shud i approach. Please reply.

Bams in usa

I have posted earlier user name Abhuda. I am attending a community college in Georgia- BS Premed major. So far I completed 54 credits ( I took 18 credits/semester) and got all "A" grades except English 1101 and 1102 where I got "B". My GPA is 3.90. I am now doing Anatomy and Phsiology classes in summer - fast track (8 credits, 3+1 each). I finished Calculus I and II as well. I will transfer to UGA in JAn 2010 and complete Org Chem , Physics, Endocrionology, Biochem and Genetics. I want to major in Microbiology. I hope I can finish BS by 2011 end, 120 credits- including summer sessions.

I want to give a shot for MD program in US and if could not get- will go to Carriabean St Georges/Saba Med School.

By the way I have 2 kids- elder will be 6th grader and younger 1st grader in August 2010.

It is a wonderful experience to attend classes in US in college. The teaching is extraordinary as compared to India. There are very good text books. My teachers are highly impressed by my motivation and grade performance.

Abhuda

Hi,

Thanks for posting a lot of information which is helpful for all bams graduates.

I am a BAMS graduate from india. I am plannin to do my masters in US. What courses can i opt ? How does WES evaluate BAMS credentials? my ultimate goal is to do masters in US. Please help me how to make an approach. I booked my GRE slot nd will be soon takin toefl too. Which universities shud i opt? Which courses will really be helpful for me to settle in US. In addition to BAMS i have PG diploma in bioinformatics. I am also the certified medical coder from AAPC. Please post your reply as soon as possible.

Please help

Hello citrusleaf,

Thank you for sharing your experience here & warning all about not wasting time in achieving something whihc is not possible.

I'm also BAMS graduate,& now decided going with one of "Allied Health science" associate degree but I have question whether I will be able to work on associate degree itself or need to complete bachelors.& Also not sure will any health care provider or hospitals will sponsor work visa.

I read that you're working now, could you please let me know
1. Will i be able to work on associate degree
2. will get visa sponsorship

please provide details, i will be very greatful to you. your replies will help in making my decisions & proceeding with the associate degree.

please reply, thank you in advance.

i am thinking of nursing but in this field also there is too much competition, well I at least want to know whether BAMS is eligible for nursing or not.And i would like to find USMLE books for my find and i suggest him that online is better to get notes.

usmle

I am BAMS from India (1999) doing BS in US to try to enter in MD program

Abhuda

Please see my previous post above from 2010

Journey from BAMS India (1999) to Medical School (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine "D.O'") Admission in USA (2015)

Now in April 2015: My story has happy ending.

It was a long way but I was determined to achieve my dream.

I got accepted to study Medicine in United States. The program is Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO). This program is very similar to MD in USA.
DO is fully licensed in US in all 50 states to practice allopathic medicine in addition to holistic and OMT.
To know more about MD vs DO please google , " MD vs DO AAMC"

Please look for MD vs DO pdf AAMC PDF and open it

AAMC conducts MCAT and facilitates MD admission.
AACOMAS facilitates DO applications for admission.

I will be happy to help others as I have succeeded to fulfill my dream to enter in medical school in US.
In my interview in DO school I learnt from the committee that there is one BAMS who has done done MD in US.

Abhuda