need help for BAMS medical graduate

BAMS credentials evaluated by WES, NY

Hi BAMS graduates,

My wife's BAMS edu credentials were recently evaluated by World Edu Service, NY. They equated it to US university equivalent 3.88/4.00 GPA and 160 credit hours in total. BAMS is five and one half year degree in India, so WES equated it US university 5 and one half year education . It means BAMS has credit hours higher than US BS degree. The evaluation was done course by course for study purpose. WES made a note on evaluation report that BAMS is a non traditional medicine (ayurvedic) degree in India, and the candidate may be evaluated for breadth of knowledge for education purpose in area of study. Therefore if want to go for MS/PhD in Biological science US university may take placement test or ask for subject GRE in Biology/Biochemistry. My wife is planning to enter university as postbacculurate, and do Biology, english and a few courses before taking MCAT or apply for PhD with GRE score.

I hope it helps for BAMS graduates in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vow! there's some hope finally...
Thanks to Greatguru and abhuda for sharing all these info about BAMS in US.
Abhuda, can you tell me what are the documents we need to send to WES for evaluation?
So can we go for MS here?

Just go to www.wes.org you get all the information you need it to get yur credential evaluated.

You can apply on line.

If you are from India , then

HIGHER EDUCATION:
What to Submit How to Submit
1. Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institution attended
(e.g. Bachelor, Master, Master of Philosophy, Postgraduate Diploma, PhD)

AND
To be submitted to WES by applicant.
2. Individual Mark Sheets issued by the university or the institution that conducted the examination for all post-secondary programs of study.
Please note that college-issued Mark Sheets will not be accepted unless they are from an autonomous college.

If elective courses are not listed on the Mark Sheet, please provide official documentation of the elective courses such as a syllabus for the course.

AND
To be sent directly to WES by the institution attended. Documents must be attested/verified by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar.
- OR -

You may make photocopies and have the copies attested by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar. The Controller or Registrar should then place the attested mark sheets in an envelope, seal the envelope, sign it across the flap before returning it to you to forward to WES. If the seal is unbroken when the envelope reaches WES, the mark sheets will be accepted.

Attestations or notarized copies from any other source will not be accepted.

Please click here to download an academic transcript request form.

3. For programs with a compulsory internship component, e.g. Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy, Veterinarian Medicine, clear, legible photocopies of internship completion certificate. To be submitted to WES by applicant.
To find contact information for the appropriate institution, please click here to visit the University Grants Commission/India website.

NON-UNIVERSITY HIGHER EDUCATION:
1. All final and provisional diploma /degree certificates
AND
To be sent directly to WES by the institution attended. Documents must be attested/verified by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar.
- OR -

You may make photocopies and have the copies attested by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar. The Controller or Registrar should then place the attested mark sheets in an envelope, seal the envelope, sign it across the flap before returning it to you to forward to WES. If the seal is unbroken when the envelope reaches WES, the mark sheets will be accepted.

2. Individual Mark Sheets as issued by the awarding authority for all post-secondary programs of study
Please note that college-issued Mark Sheets will not be accepted unless they are from an autonomous college.

To find contact information for the appropriate institution, please click here to visit the University Grants Commission/India website.

STATE BOARDS of TECHNICAL EDUCATION
1. Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional diploma certificates
(e.g. Diploma in Engineering, Diploma in Technology, or any other 10+3 diploma awarded by a State Board of Technical Education

AND
To be submitted to WES by applicant.
2. Individual Mark Sheets issued by the Board for all post-secondary programs of study To be sent directly to WES by the awarding authority or Board. Documents must be attested/verified by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar.
- OR -

To find contact information for the appropriate institution, please click here to visit The State Board of Technical Education website.

SECONDARY EDUCATION
If you have completed two or more years of post-secondary study, you do not need to submit any secondary school documents with your application.
1. Statement issued by a Higher or Intermediate Secondary Education Board showing the names of subjects and marks obtained at the higher or intermediate secondary certificate examination
e.g. Higher Secondary Certificate, All India Senior School Certificate, Intermediate Public Examination Certificate, or any other 10+2 certificate awarded upon completion of higher or intermediate secondary education

If you have not completed higher or intermediate secondary school, please submit your most recent Mark Sheets and the results from your secondary school certificate examination, if already obtained.

To be sent directly to WES by the Board. Documents must be attested/verified by the Controller of Examinations.
- OR -

You may make photocopies and have the copies attested by the Controller of Examinations. The Controller should then place the attested documents in an envelope, seal the envelope, sign it across the flap before returning it to you to forward to WES. If the seal is unbroken when the envelope reaches WES, the documents will be accepted.

Please click here to download an academic transcript request form, if needed.

Important Notes:
All documents are subject to verification by WES.
All documents received by WES become the property of WES and will not be released to the applicant.
WES evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application, as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the WES evaluation report.
If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)

Applicants should NOT submit their original documents.

Where to Send Documents
By postal mail: By express courier:
World Education Services
P. O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
USA World Education Services
64 Beaver St, #146
New York, NY 10004
USA

This is a courier mail handling facility accepting DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. Documents should not be hand delivered.

starsn said:
Vow! there's some hope finally...
Thanks to Greatguru and abhuda for sharing all these info about BAMS in US.
Abhuda, can you tell me what are the documents we need to send to WES for evaluation?
So can we go for MS here?

ok this is a good info reg WES. But where can we find Controller of Examinations or Registrar here? I have no idea.Pls guide me....
Thank you in advance....

Controller of Examination or Registrar Not here in USA, from your university back in India.

starsn said:
ok this is a good info reg WES. But where can we find Controller of Examinations or Registrar here? I have no idea.Pls guide me....
Thank you in advance....

oh no ! :( I am just back from India 10 days back from my vaccation. If I had known this before I would have done that..... :( :( I am too late now.

Hi abhuda,
so whats ur wife doing now? did she get admission to any university ? tell me in detail if so...

seek your friends or relatives help to get it done.

starsn said:
oh no ! :( I am just back from India 10 days back from my vaccation. If I had known this before I would have done that..... :( :( I am too late now.

but all my originals are with me here... :( scared to send it with someone else...and also not sure whether they attest it without my presence there....

Send by FedEx, it will reach safely. (take a copy of all certificates before sending) Give a letter to your relatives. Your presence is not required .

but all my originals are with me here... :( scared to send it with someone else...and also not sure whether they attest it without my presence there....

If we can go for MS in natural health online degrees what are the visa issues? currently I am on H4. Can we get a student visa?

Check the school? Will they issue an I 20 for this on-line course.? IF you get I 20 then you are eligible for an F1 but not guarenteed .

If we can go for MS in natural health online degrees what are the visa issues? currently I am on H4. Can we get a student visa?

Hello Greatguru,
Thanks for all ur prompt replies. I am not yet done with my credential evaluation. My admission advisor suggested me to get my credentials done from here http://www.fcsa.biz/index.shtml
I would like to know if it is reliable even if I would like to go for other schools. And it says they accept photocopies of originals and its not mentioned as attested.

DOCUMENTATION

Do I need to send original documents?
FCSA accepts photocopies of your original documents. Exception: If you are applying for board licensure, you may need to submit original documents in a sealed envelope from your institution. Click here for a listing of application requirements for boards that accept FCSA evaluations. Click here to print out a form to send to your institutions requesting original/attested documents. Please remember to send clear and complete photocopies, including both sides if applicable. At the end of the FCSA application, you will be asked to read and sign a statement verifying that the documents you have submitted are true copies of the originals.

Can u help me?

Most of the reputed universities accept www.wes.org evaluation.
wHICH IS RELIABLE.

Hello Greatguru,
Thanks for all ur prompt replies. I am not yet done with my credential evaluation. My admission advisor suggested me to get my credentials done from here http://www.fcsa.biz/index.shtml
I would like to know if it is reliable even if I would like to go for other schools. And it says they accept photocopies of originals and its not mentioned as attested.

DOCUMENTATION

Do I need to send original documents?
FCSA accepts photocopies of your original documents. Exception: If you are applying for board licensure, you may need to submit original documents in a sealed envelope from your institution. Click here for a listing of application requirements for boards that accept FCSA evaluations. Click here to print out a form to send to your institutions requesting original/attested documents. Please remember to send clear and complete photocopies, including both sides if applicable. At the end of the FCSA application, you will be asked to read and sign a statement verifying that the documents you have submitted are true copies of the originals.

Can u help me?

hi, i am a BAMS graduate and interested in higher degree eduation from US or NZ university in any stream of studies.I am planning to appear for GRE and would like to know about the graduate programs which i can qualify with the qualification i bear now.Can you please share some information regarding this with me and also i would like to learn about the other career options in India itself (preferbly in Master's) which after completion may help me to get a work permit in above mentioned countries

BAMS graduates in US

I have done my Bsc BAMS in Karnataka . I really have no Idea what can I do in US . I am here from last 4 years. I have worked for 3 years in INDIA.
currently I am working as a physician assistant.(I started a few months ago) But I want to do something of my own .After I send my credentials for evaluation ,& I take up specified classes what happens? where can I get jobs? or what can I do I am really confused please help me .
thanks
chetana

Regarding higher studies

hai,
i am a BAMS student from karnataka and need to do my higher studies in US or in UK with my degree as a qualification.kindly direct me in this regard in the right way as i have least idea in this.waiting for the reply.....:confused:

www.valuemd.com

Check if you want to go for M.D. in Carriabeans. 2 years in Carriabean (basic medical science courses) and 2 years in U.S. (clinical rotations).
Windsor University School of Medicine (WUSM), St. Kittis , Carriabean appears cheapest (US $ 5k/semester include living , school supplies, have to pay only for food). The president Dr. Gadam appears to be South Indian Origin. Getting in school is easiest for Indian ,no need for pre-med/MCAT. However some students from WUSM have posting that to be licensed in North America as a Physician, one need to have premed requirement completed. Two year college: 1 year (two semester/2 courses ) each of Biology, Physics, Chemistry with laboratory classes in each of these areas, a course of calculus/Stat/Math, Biochemistry
is must for M.D. licence in U.S./Canada.

Some hard work needed , 2 years in Carriabean, can visit U.S. after each semester. It seems better than doing something else (education) in the U.S. to upgrade BAMS qualification.

Research (education quality, USMLE pass rate, tution fee) about Carriabean medical schools at www.valuemd.com before you take final decision.
Abhuda

BAMS Opportunities

hello everyone,

i've been reading that there is frustration for those with BAMS degree starting a new life in America. I want to say that it is not hopeless. I am an Ayurvedic practitioner who studied at the Florida Vedic College in Sarasota. I live in Chicago, and would love the opportunity to learn from any of you. There are many people who want to learn more about Ayurveda, there are just not many Ayurvedic doctors who are providng these opportunites.

It would take a lot of hard work, but it is possible. If you want to contact me directly, please do.

info@vedictherapies.com

Also, check out Bastyr college. You could probably transfer in a lot of what you know, and get a degree in natrupathic medicine. Still, it takes an entreprenuer as well as a doctor to make it in this field. As you really have to pave your own way. You could also look at teaching opportunities at Ayurvedic colleges in the U.S.

http://www.ayurveda.com/

http://niam.com/corp-web/index.htm

http://www.ayurveda-nama.org/

http://www.ayurvedaacademy.com/

If your English is good, you could try to teach workshops at yoga studios.

Thanks,

Monica

Info about MPH after BAMS

Hi..... I am BAMS student from Nashik university, India. I had done my 1 year post graduate diploma in Emergency Medical Services. Now i am doing my First semester(spring) At California State University Northridge in MPH (program Planning) Shall i change my Major to Health Administration ? Which one is good for getting H1 visa? Is there any other good option other than these two? I am currently on F1 visa.

Also is that true BAMS person is not eligible for USMLE?

Please someone help me as i dont want to waste my time. I am here from just one month. If there is any other good option i can do something fast.

so please help me.