Need help- Documentation for Asylum case

Ganeshk12

Hello, my friends,
I am in the process of filing my asylum case (political & religious type) and planning to submit it by myself.
I know Personal statement of an affidavit of the notary document.
What other documents I can include like family, friends notary statements, newspapers of incidents in the region?
Kindly assist me since most of the people have gone thru this phase already in your case. Please help me.

Thank you for your time!

Do NOT compile the case by yourself! Don't do it!

I wish when I filled my case, people would have told me not to do it! I had a strong case, but by compiling it by myself, I ruined my case. Winning an affirmative case involves presenting your written arguments in a professional, accepted way...the way court cases are presented in this country. If you are not a lawyer, you would not know that. Because I failed to logically present my case, I ended up going to an immigration judge, but MOST painful of all, I spent 24+ months not able to work. Inability to work, ruins everything. I submitted my case by myself, after spending 5 yrs here in the US, doing my first degree. I was an eloquent graduate.

My advice: Do not submit the case by yourself. Find a pro bono lawyer to help. It is better to submit the case, strong case, three months later than to try to submit it early.

If you still think you can do it, then my advice is: Find information on how cases are presented, professionally. You can use examples of court cases that are found online. Present everything in a similar way: Personal statements, exhibits, etc. Be super professional.

Good luck!

Thank you so much 7of9 for your detailed message and information.
I live in Chicago.
How can I find Pro Bono lawyer ? Are they do offer service free of cost or charge discounted fee ? Is there any templates for self affidavits ?
What Kind of evidences asylum office need it from us ?
My family and friends are ready to give witness statements. Witness documents needs to be notarized ?

The National Immigration Justice Center in downtown Chicago have many lawyers who can help with your case for free. I won my case in immigration court using pro bono lawyers provided by NIJC. Google them and call them. They will make an appointment and quickly assign you are pro bono lawyer. Your chances of of success are very very high when you get help from a lawyer to put together your case. Good luck....

The National Immigration Justice Center in downtown Chicago have many lawyers who can help with your case for free. I won my case in immigration court using pro bono lawyers provided by NIJC. Google them and call them. They will make an appointment and quickly assign you are pro bono lawyer. Your chances of of success are very very high when you get help from a lawyer to put together your case. Good luck....
I heard these pro bono lawyers ar not experienced ones but who're fresh n learning ....Is this correct?