Need Help/Advice

Obian

I came into the country on an F1-visa, finished school and then got hired by a company that filed for an H1-B visa on my behalf. After about 2 years I got laid off...and was unable to find another job to keep my status in right standing. Anyway, several years passed and I am happily married. He happens to be a citizen and is trying to file for a green card for me.

We have been doing some research and also with the help of a friend, We found out that the following forms will have to be filed: I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-693, I-765 & the 864A. Are these all the forms we need to fill out??
Are there any other things we need to do?

Also, on these forms do I use my maiden name or now marital name because I have not changed my name on my soc. sec card or my drivers license becuase they need some kind of proof of citizenship. What do I do??? Please help

You have the forms all sorted out. Do you want to take up your husband's surname? If not, you can use your maiden name throughout the process if you like. I am assuming that your maiden name appears on your marriage certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obian said:
I came into the country on an F1-visa, finished school and then got hired by a company that filed for an H1-B visa on my behalf. After about 2 years I got laid off...and was unable to find another job to keep my status in right standing. Anyway, several years passed and I am happily married. He happens to be a citizen and is trying to file for a green card for me.

We have been doing some research and also with the help of a friend, We found out that the following forms will have to be filed: I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-693, I-765 & the 864A. Are these all the forms we need to fill out??

Also, on these forms do I use my maiden name or now marital name because I have not changed my name on my soc. sec card or my drivers license becuase they need some kind of proof of citizenship. What do I do??? Please help
About what forms you need to file, look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD.
If you changed your name when you got married, then you need to use your new name, whether you changed it on your other documents or not. The other documents can be changed later based on your marriage certificate.
You should give your married name if the application asks for it.

Anahit said:
About what forms you need to file, look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD.
If you changed your name when you got married, then you need to use your new name, whether you changed it on your other documents or not. The other documents can be changed later based on your marriage certificate.
You should give your married name if the application asks for it.

and I would suspect put your maiden name under "other names used"

Obian said:

Hi:

Make sure it is indeed the I864A you need.