Need expert advice. Please help...

rajsar

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,
I got my GC about 6 months back. I have a question regarding sponsoring GC to my mother. Is it possible to sponsor a GC to my mother? I am not really sure whether can I do that or do I need to wait till I get my citizenship.

Friends, I really appreciate if you can advice on this matter and also if you happen to know any good attorney who can handle such cases please let me know.

Sorry for posting this in this I-485 forum, but, I was trying to find some information from last few days, but, I did not get any sufficient information. I thought this forum is the excellent source for such queries, because of nice and experienced people who are actively participating in this forum from last couple of months.

Thanks in advance,
rajsar

Originally posted by rajsar
I got my GC about 6 months back. I have a question regarding sponsoring GC to my mother. Is it possible to sponsor a GC to my mother? I am not really sure whether can I do that or do I need to wait till I get my citizenship.

Only citizens can sponsor their parents. You'll need to wait your 5 years until you are actually done with the naturalization ceremony, then file the I-130.

Thanks.

But, I heard under certain special conditions like, the parents are old or all alone, then, it seems we can sponsor them the GC. Is it true?