Need advice regarding my TN appointment at peace bridge on Friday 30th July

SunT00

Hi
My details
I have B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from India (Got my evaluation done). Got my TN letter from USA employer (Major Bank) for 'Senior Architect' role but my responsibilities match with CSA.
(1) Does the role in the letter need to be specific "CSA or Systems Architect" or Senior Architect works as responsibilities do match with CSA.
(2) Since I have a Degree (4-year B.Tech) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering evaluated is this good to meet TN requirements?
(3) I have 18 years of IT experience including 5 years as a Solutions Architect but don't have any experience letters from my previous employers as I didn't request them. Do they ask me for experience letters as proof of work experience?
I do have a bunch of certifications in programming and other technologies.
(4) Also I want to take my family along with me for TD is this ok or should I apply for TD after I get my TN?

Will appreciate your help earliest, as I don't have much time.

Last edited:
1. You are applying for CSA TN. Other titles are meaningless.
2. Yes
3. Meaningless. Degree is all that counts.
4. Whatever is most convenient for you, assuming they are all Canadian

Hi All,

I did get my TN visa as well as TD for my family. The thing is my employer supporting letter was missing under which category they are hiring me. it was just mentioned that the profession is as per the NAFTA list. Officer asked me to get a new letter and print it (original not required) and come back again before 2 PM. I did the same, the officer was happy and gave all of us TN & TD. Also, my passport was valid until 2023 but he gave me TN until 2024. Probably it's going to be valid along with my new passport (in the future).
When I entered Canada first time Canadian border security simply let me in but when I returned along with my TN (after 2 pm) they asked me to quarantine for 14 days probably because I didn't do ArriveCAN app registration. That's my story, hope this helps someone.

Hi All,

I did get my TN visa as well as TD for my family. The thing is my employer supporting letter was missing under which category they are hiring me. it was just mentioned that the profession is as per the NAFTA list. Officer asked me to get a new letter and print it (original not required) and come back again before 2 PM. I did the same, the officer was happy and gave all of us TN & TD. Also, my passport was valid until 2023 but he gave me TN until 2024. Probably it's going to be valid along with my new passport (in the future).
When I entered Canada first time Canadian border security simply let me in but when I returned along with my TN (after 2 pm) they asked me to quarantine for 14 days probably because I didn't do ArriveCAN app registration. That's my story, hope this helps someone.

Congrats SunT00! its amazing that they issued your TN past your passport expiration date. It did happen to me for my daughter's TD. Her passport was expiring in Apr 2021, however, the officer issued her TD I94 matching my TN I94 validity date (Jan 04,2024).

So, from your experience, it can happen to TN I94 also. Simply take out the I94 from the old passport and attach it to the new one..

It was likely an oversight on the officer's part, but it is not something that needs to be corrected or re-done. In the distant past, CBP used to issue TN regardless of Passport expiry, just like USCIS still does (in fact in those days one didn't even need a passport. Your I-94 is completely legit.

1. You are applying for CSA TN. Other titles are meaningless.
2. Yes
3. Meaningless. Degree is all that counts.
4. Whatever is most convenient for you, assuming they are all Canadian
Hi Nelsona, The BTECH 4 year degree that OP has says EE engineering, but OP applied under CSA category. I thought we cannot have an engineering degree if we apply for CSA. Could you explain why your response to question 2 is yes? Thank you

The question was: Since I have a Degree (4-year B.Tech) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering evaluated is this good to meet TN requirements?
The answer is yes, since CSA is a more general task than engineering. It is a non-engineer who should have trouble getting an Engineering TN.