Need a help please

king27

Registered Users (C)
Need a help please ( RTD AND IO )

I am an Asylee since 2005 , I came to this country on 2003 with a fake passport . Today I want to travel out side the US not to my cop, but just to see my sister in a 3rd country .
My question is: after having a RTD and leave the country, upon my return do u think I will be denied the admession to US because, originally I entred with a fake passport?
I red in a lot of legal web sites and it say the IO at the airport goes through all your immigartion history.

Please any body there in simmilar situation who traveled out side the US? thank you .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have RTD, you are safe. Your past is past. It has no relevance at all of you returning...This issue may come up in process of adjusting greencard. The USCIS may give you hard time in requiring you to get what they call "waiver of inexclusibility". But you can travel wherever you want...

?????

king27 said:
faysal said:
If you have RTD, you are safe. Your past is past. It has no relevance at all of you returning...This issue may come up in process of adjusting greencard. The USCIS may give you hard time in requiring you to get what they call "waiver of inexclusibility". But you can travel wherever you want...[/QUO

YES , BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ? DID U USE A FAKE PASSPORT, TO ENTER TO THE COUNTRY ? AND DID U TRAVEL AFTER HAVING YOUR ASYLUM GRANTED ?
YOU SAID ''YOUR PAST IS YOUR PAST NO RELEVANCE AT ALL OF YOUR RETURNING... THIS ISSUE MAY COME UP IN PROCESS OF ADJUSTING OF STATUS.(not greencard ) USCIS MAY GIVE YOU A HARD TIME IN REQUIRING YOU TO GET WHAT THEY CALL WAIVER OF INEXCLUSIBITY'' ??? EXUSE ME FIRST OF ALL THERE IS NOT A SUCH THING CALLED (WIVER OF INEXCLUSIBITY) BUT THERE IS WIVER OF GROUNDS OF EXCLUDABILTY
ANYWAY COMEBACK TO OUR ISSUE

WHY THEY REQUEST THIS FORM THE I-602???????????????????????
YOU SAID THE PAST IS A PAST ????? :confused: :confused: IF THE PAST IS A PAST THEN WE FORGET ABOUT THE I-602 :eek:
FAYCAL YOUR PAST, WILL NEVER BE A PAST WITH THE IMMIGRATION UNTIL U BECOME A CITIZEN . EVERY ONE HAS A DIFFERENT SITUATION , BUT WE`RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT.

AT THE END OF MY QUESTION I ASKED IF SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS MINE . :mad:
THANK YOU, FOR YOUR HELP, BUT I NEED A HELP FORM SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME AND WHO TRAVELED. :p

king27 said:
YES , BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ? DID U USE A FAKE PASSPORT, TO ENTER TO THE COUNTRY ? AND DID U TRAVEL AFTER HAVING YOUR ASYLUM GRANTED ?
YOU SAID ''YOUR PAST IS YOUR PAST NO RELEVANCE AT ALL OF YOUR RETURNING... THIS ISSUE MAY COME UP IN PROCESS OF ADJUSTING OF STATUS.(not greencard ) USCIS MAY GIVE YOU A HARD TIME IN REQUIRING YOU TO GET WHAT THEY CALL WAIVER OF INEXCLUSIBITY'' ??? EXUSE ME FIRST OF ALL THERE IS NOT A SUCH THING CALLED (WIVER OF INEXCLUSIBITY) BUT THERE IS WIVER OF GROUNDS OF EXCLUDABILTY
ANYWAY COMEBACK TO OUR ISSUE

WHY THEY REQUEST THIS FORM THE I-602???????????????????????
YOU SAID THE PAST IS A PAST ????? :confused: :confused: IF THE PAST IS A PAST THEN WE FORGET ABOUT THE I-602 :eek:
FAYCAL YOUR PAST, WILL NEVER BE A PAST WITH THE IMMIGRATION UNTIL U BECOME A CITIZEN . EVERY ONE HAS A DIFFERENT SITUATION , BUT WE`RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT.

AT THE END OF MY QUESTION I ASKED IF SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS MINE . :mad:
THANK YOU, FOR YOUR HELP, BUT I NEED A HELP FORM SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME AND WHO TRAVELED. :p

King:
If you are asking for help, how about taking what you get with grace? He has read/heard/seen enough to give you the advice he did, which based on my personal experience is accurate.

I tried to enter the USA on fake documents, was arrested, convicted of document fraud (a misdeamenor), spent 40 days in INS custody in deportation proceedings until a judge granted me asylum. Close enough to your case?

Since then, I have travelled twice as an asylee on RTD and once as a GC holder on RTD. And of course I got the GC after I was required to file a I-602 Waiver, which I did myself without a lawyer based on the excellent advice this forum provided.

At the airport, you will be sent to secondary inspection (every asylee is) where a sr. IO will review your travel history (be 100% honest) and may ask you a few questions. No one can guarantee what will happen there. May be the IO will be in a pissed of mood, and he hates your country, so he will give you a hard time. May be he will let you through in 5 seconds.

Nothing personal, byt may be you have other things in your past you are not telling us about that you should worry about--I don't know.

If you have not committed any crimes since entering, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The 602 is for the green card, stop worrying about it for the travel.

Floyd

floyd said:
King:
If you are asking for help, how about taking what you get with grace? He has read/heard/seen enough to give you the advice he did, which based on my personal experience is accurate.

I tried to enter the USA on fake documents, was arrested, convicted of document fraud (a misdeamenor), spent 40 days in INS custody in deportation proceedings until a judge granted me asylum. Close enough to your case?

Since then, I have travelled twice as an asylee on RTD and once as a GC holder on RTD. And of course I got the GC after I was required to file a I-602 Waiver, which I did myself without a lawyer based on the excellent advice this forum provided.

At the airport, you will be sent to secondary inspection (every asylee is) where a sr. IO will review your travel history (be 100% honest) and may ask you a few questions. No one can guarantee what will happen there. May be the IO will be in a pissed of mood, and he hates your country, so he will give you a hard time. May be he will let you through in 5 seconds.

Nothing personal, byt may be you have other things in your past you are not telling us about that you should worry about--I don't know.

If you have not committed any crimes since entering, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The 602 is for the green card, stop worrying about it for the travel.

Floyd

well yes, we do have almost the same situation , but i had a EU passport with a visa waiver. I entered to the country and i have been admitted by the IO.

AFTER ONE YEAR I WENT TO TX , in a check point in TX the IO asked me ,if I was a US citizen OR ANY LEGAL STATUS .I told him NO I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT , THEN I GAVE HIM MY FAKE PASSPORT. SO THEY CHECK IT AND THEY PRESS THE CHARGES AGAINST ME. THAT I WAS A EU CITIZEN AND I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED TO THE UNITED STATE UNDER THE VISA WAIVER BUT I WAS OVER STAY AND OF COURSE THEY GAVE ME A BOND20,000( WHICH IS I WAS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR) :confused: AND THEN I got arrested and placed in custody WITH THE NAME WHICH WAS ON THE PASSPORT.( YES THEY NEVER FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS FAKE ).

OF COURSE AFTER HAVING A LAWYER I EXPLAINED TO HIM EVERYTHING. SO, MY LAWYER TRIED TO PUT ME IN THE SYSTEM TO BE BEFORE AN IJ .

INS CANCEL THE CHARGES, BECAUSE IT WAS ON A NAME OF SOMEONE ELSE.
AND THEN THE DEPORTATION OFFICER ,REFER ME BEFORE AN IJ ,AFTER I HAVE BEEN CLEARED BY THE FBI ,AND SHOWED HIM THAT I DO HAVE A REAL AND A STRONG CASE .
FINALLY, I GOT A NOTICE OF APPEAR BEFORE AN IJ FOR ASYLUM ONLY HEARING.

SO NO, I HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANY THING AND NEVER BEEN FOUND GUILTY ABOUT ANYTHING . SO I TOUCH THE WOOD FOR THAT .
THANK YOU, FOR YOUR HELP, AND FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE . THE REASON I WAS AFRAID BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING :

Home > Issues > Asylum > Information If You Have Won Asylum > Asylee Travel

If you have won asylum and are thinking about traveling outside the United States, you should consult with an attorney before doing so. Even though you now have asylee status here, every time that anyone other than a U.S. citizen travels abroad, the U.S. government can review your entire immigration record and determine whether or not to let you back into the United States. As an asylee who is thinking about traveling abroad, some important issues to be aware of are:

Do not return to the country from which you won asylum. Doing so will probably lead the U.S. to conclude that you no longer fear returning to your country and is likely to lead to your asylum status being revoked. Even after you receive legal permanent residence in the United States, it is best not to travel back to your country.

Do not travel with the passport issued by the country from which you won asylum. Doing so can lead the U.S. to conclude that you have availed yourself of the protections of your country and can lead to your asylum status being revoked. If you must travel, you have to apply for a Refugee Travel Document.
Do not travel with a Refugee Travel Document that will expire while you are outside the United States. The U.S. government is not required to renew your Travel Document while you are abroad and you may not be able to get back into the U.S

Even if you apply for and receive a Refugee Travel Document, this does not guarantee that you will be allowed back into the U.S. after you conclude your travel. The inspector at the airport or border crossing can look at your entire immigration record to decide whether you are “inadmissible.” You could be denied re-entry for any of the following reasons:

You originally entered the United States without inspection (for example crossing the Mexican border)
You originally entered the United States with false documents
You were “out of status” for more than six months in the United States (for example more than 6 months passed between the date you were supposed to leave the U.S. and the date you applied for asylum)
You are HIV-positive
You have been convicted of a crime in the U.S.
Practically speaking, many asylees who fall under one of the above categories have traveled abroad without problems. The most conservative advice, however, is that you should consult with an attorney before traveling and if any of the above issues applies to you, don’t travel abroad until you receive your “green card.”

Nobody can offer an 100% assurance because every time you enter the country you are formally making an application for admission which the inspector needs to adjudicate on the spot.

As a practical matter asylees have been permitted to enter regardless of their prior immigration history. The General Counsel of the legacy INS has asked the field to disregard grounds of inadmissibility unless they relate to a ground that can result in termination of asylum. A different rule would be inconsistent with U.S. international obligations.

thankful said:
Nobody can offer an 100% assurance because every time you enter the country you are formally making an application for admission which the inspector needs to adjudicate on the spot.

As a practical matter asylees have been permitted to enter regardless of their prior immigration history. The General Counsel of the legacy INS has asked the field to disregard grounds of inadmissibility unless they relate to a ground that can result in termination of asylum. A different rule would be inconsistent with U.S. international obligations.

Can you tell me, which kind of questions they asked you ?
for how long did take you to get over it ?
thank you :eek: