Need a Fast answer please

testboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi I became a PR on the 25th May 2005. I plan to mail my N400 for citizenship this week. I know I had 3 mths before May 2010 to file but due to circumstances i did not. Anyways on the section where u have to list the time u spent of of the country, for the pass 5 years, does it includes time up to present day or up to 5 years since becoming a PR ie in my case 5 years would be May 2010 or up to 5 years - 3 mths.

thanks

All trips since you became a permanent resident until you file your application. Trips between application and interview can be communicated during interview. Trips between interview and oath can be included in the oath letter.

thanks man
reason i ask is because my longest trip since 05 is my last which i just came back. june 5th. i was out for 5 mths my wife got baby and so spend some time with them. u think i need to explain the reason for my trips. I had liek ii trips since 05 but none over 6 mths. a few about 3 mths each and most less that a mth. in total i spent 160 days out of usa since 05. is that a bad case or it should not be a major problem foe me.

thanks

thanks man
reason i ask is because my longest trip since 05 is my last which i just came back. june 5th. i was out for 5 mths my wife got baby and so spend some time with them. u think i need to explain the reason for my trips. I had liek ii trips since 05 but none over 6 mths. a few about 3 mths each and most less that a mth. in total i spent 160 days out of usa since 05. is that a bad case or it should not be a major problem foe me.

thanks
Where the trips back to back like 2 months out, 1 week in, 3 months out, 1 week in, 5 months out, etc.. ?

Trips between application and interview can be communicated during interview. Trips between interview and oath can be included in the oath letter.
Just to clarify on Huracan's point; trips must be disclosed.."can" implies it's not a hard requirement.

Yep, it's must. I think I used the word can more to convey that instead of calling USCIS or sending some sort of letter, the trip update can be given at those points.

It seems you don't have any trip of more than 6 months. As long as you can show ties to the US you should be fine. You might be questioned about this during interview. If you have changed your residence to a foreign country this could be an issue.