ND 03/30/01 Received RFE

No Title

hi mitr,
i am not trying to discourage people but was just analysing all the cases that
am aware of through my friends and collegues. i was just trying to find some
trend who that 10 to 20 percent getting rfe\'s and why?
this is just one of the reasons that i am wondering may be the reasons for rfe as
there was nothing unusual about the cases that were sent for rfe\'s other than
this.

Thanks, Pganne. I am happy for you. In the meamtime,

I just talked to my lawyer a few minutes ago, they did not receive anything either. I tried to call to talk to an IIO last week. I called in at 8:30 AM and stayed for 55 minutes! When finally somebody picked up the phone, he/she dropped it!!!!!! You can imagine how I felt. Surprisingly, I just sat at my desk for a minute and did not say anything. I cannot understand why I was that calm at that moment. I think I was simply cold, cold to the heart. Disappointment is an understatement. Anyway, I am sure many other friends have similar or even worse experience.

On a second thought, the IIO\'s probably also have their frustrations. They have to deal with the situation which may not be caused by them. They may have to answer the same questions to different people again and again everyday. They may have to answer the same question to the same person again and again. Many of us have heavy accent and it certainly does not help their mood.

I don\'t know why I keep writing today, I hope the unnecessary troubles that people have to go through are over soon. Good luck to everybody.

Thanks, Pganne. I am happy for you. In the meamtime,

I just talked to my lawyer a few minutes ago, they did not receive anything either. I tried to call to talk to an IIO last week. I called in at 8:30 AM and stayed for 55 minutes! When finally somebody picked up the phone, he/she dropped it!!!!!! You can imagine how I felt. Surprisingly, I just sat at my desk for a minute and did not say anything. I cannot understand why I was that calm at that moment. I think I was simply cold, cold to the heart. Disappointment is an understatement. Anyway, I am sure many other friends have similar or even worse experience.

On a second thought, the IIO\'s probably also have their frustrations. They have to deal with the situation which may not be caused by them. They may have to answer the same questions to different people again and again everyday. They may have to answer the same question to the same person again and again. Many of us have heavy accent and it certainly does not help their mood.

I don\'t know why I keep writing today, I hope the unnecessary troubles that people have to go through are over soon. Good luck to everybody.

RFE letter received

ND 03/30/01
AVM said RFE sent on Oct 12
Lawyer received it today (10/23/01)

Documents requested
1)last 2 years tax returns (did not mention W2s - not sure if the lawyer forgot to mention it)
2)Employment verification letter
3)4 recent paystubs

Have to reply by 12/15/01

Looks like this is the standard RFE for everyone... now am really thinking I should not have done the FP ahead of schedule (at least twice).. they prob got suspicious since I did it both times ahead of schedule . What is the experiece of others in this board about FPs?

It will be a while for me before I collect all this stuff. It will take my company 2 weeks to issue to emplyment verification letter.

So I guess we will all keep track of each other\'s cases...

Vine

No Title

Henrry ForGC,

When I called the IIO to find out about what the RFE was for, she was unable to give me any information other than the fact that it was mailed on October 11th (which I already knew from the AVM).

An IIO may be able to help resend your RFE now that it is 14 days in your case but in general, it would be a waste of time to call them to find out about what the RFE was for.

- pganne

RFE

Hi,
My AVM also says RFE was sent on Oct.10. I haven\'t received it sofar. Neither my lawyer has. Let\'s hope it arrives soon.
regards
rajababu

No Title

Guys,

I thought it was standard to supply
W2\'s and tax returns for last few years
with AOS application.

Didn\'t your attorneys ask you to do this?

I didn\'t supply copies of pay stubs though.

No Title

vine,
dont get discouraged it just matter of time before you get ur approval.
 thinking logically, more desperation we show by doint FP many many weeks
in advance than the actual FP date surely reflects the statsu of our current
employment to the officer while review and may issue a rfe to make sure you
are still there. And this logic seems to be correct in almost all of the cases i saw
with my friends. recently, one of my friends got FP on 9/28 as scheduled and he got
his approval letter already in mail on 10/16. btw, he is nd 04/2001. His case
really surprised me so much and the only difference he had from two other colleuges
who got rfe was he did FP on actual scheduled date.
my suggestion is do FP on actual date and then just ignore the 2nd one if u never
got a letter than your first one was failed.

Ciba : add some light.

Well Not necessarily true that early Fp results in RFE
B\'cos
   Many cases so far did receive approval with early FP, withour RFE.

Also, if they have a doubt on our employment, the FP process doesn\'t
actually tell them anything about employment as we don\'t take the E-letters to get our FP done.

But looks like this has got something to do with the indivdual case/officer or 9/11.

Ciba,comments !

I haven\'t seen any case with PD in this year receiving RFE for employment.

If somebody knows such cases, pls say!

So, one possible theory is that they may send employment RFE for people with old PD, because in such cases the chances for changes in their employment situation are bigger.

My PD was current. How does it work if PD not current? One can only send his application when PD becomes current, or you send it as soon as you can and they wait until the PD becomes current to issue Receipt Notice? If the application was sent long time ago then the employment letter is also old and it makes more sense to ask again for it.

No Title

The early FP triggering RFE may be true according to the
trend on this board. I did FP 2 months ahead of schedule and
got RFE on 24 oct according to AVM. Did not get the letter
yet.

wait2001 ( ND 4/20 )

WHAT\'S YOUR PRIORITY DATE ?????

The most likely explanation for RFE is old PD. There are practically no examples of people with PD in 2001 receiving RFE for employment verification. Of course, they may receive RFE for other reasons, but most of RFE are for employment verification for people with old PD.

Everybody is looking for exotic explanations for RFE, but they don\'t post their PD so that we can confirm the most likely explanation :(((((((((.

No Title

My PD is 10/00 so its not old at all. I am sure early FP
triggered it, otherwise my file is clean. EB2/RIR.

life sucks
wait2001

No Title

Well, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

But while I saw many cases with early FP approved without RFE, I saw no case of PD 2001 receiving RFE for employment verification only.

Please Help!!!

RD: March 05
ND: March 27
WAC-01-142-XXXXX

EAD Received in Setptember. Haven\'t got any notice for FP yet. Lawyer has sent three faxes to INS, the lawyer told me he called INS but didn\'t get through.

How can I speed up the process, it looks like hopeless.

Thanx a ton for any advice.

No Title

Don\'t rely on your lawyer to call IIO. Do it yourself. Some IIOs are rough and useless, some other try to help as much as they can (usually they can\'t do too much). If you call IIO a few times you may find somebody willing to help you. I guess that if the IIO really want (s)he can produce the FP notice for you.

Can you get duplicate W2

I\'ve lost 99 W2. Can I get it from my old employer. I\'m waiting for RFE and not sure for what it is for. Still want to prepare for it. I\'ve 99 tax return but W-2 is not there.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Have you sent the reply for RFE to INS or your lawyer did ?

Thanks for this info. Did you send the reply with the documents asked to INS or did your lawyer sent it ?

I got an RFE as per the AVM on Oct 20 th. But neither my lawyer nor myself have got the RFE. In mycase, my lawyer has not received any receipt notice, FP notice, EAD approval notice etc. though i got FP and EAD notices. So Could you please give the address where you sent the reply to RFE?

My ND is 04/05/01.

----SRS