Naturalization Interviews to be Conducted on Saturdays,Sundays & After Hrs weekdays

tan_swap

Registered Users (C)
Naturalization Interviews to be Conducted on Saturdays, Sundays and After Normal Business Hours on Weekdays

In Fiscal Year 2007, USCIS received a significant increase in naturalization applications (Form N-400). To address the increase, USCIS is expanding work hours and adding staff to complete these filings within our processing time goals.

If you have received a notice from USCIS that your naturalization interview has been scheduled on a Saturday, Sunday, or after traditional business hours, the notice is correct and you should appear at the scheduled time.

link:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=1958b0aaa86fa010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Naturalization Interviews to be Conducted on Saturdays, Sundays and After Normal Business Hours on Weekdays

In Fiscal Year 2007, USCIS received a significant increase in naturalization applications (Form N-400). To address the increase, USCIS is expanding work hours and adding staff to complete these filings within our processing time goals.

If you have received a notice from USCIS that your naturalization interview has been scheduled on a Saturday, Sunday, or after traditional business hours, the notice is correct and you should appear at the scheduled time.

link:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=1958b0aaa86fa010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

:D Beat you to this by one minute: http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=276341

nyc_naturalizer,

:D
Yes you did beat me.
I guess the news is great for all doesn't matter who posts first.

:)

nyc_naturalizer,

:D
Yes you did beat me.
I guess the news is great for all doesn't matter who posts first.

:)

Well, like I said, this is the first real sign I've seen that they've actually increased staff to deal with the backlog. I think it may be legitimate good news, which is rare for a USCIS "announcement."

What I find most significant is the statement/admission that reads below:

"What the writer failed to mention, and what I personally conveyed to the Times, is that more than half of all the citizenship applications received in June and July will be completed by September 30."

http://www.dhs.gov/journal/leadership/2008/03/fit-to-print.html

That clearly implies that for NYC folks all July applicants will not be done by 9/30. We may have to go well into December or maybe wait till early next year to be done.

What I find most significant is the statement/admission that reads below:

"What the writer failed to mention, and what I personally conveyed to the Times, is that more than half of all the citizenship applications received in June and July will be completed by September 30."

http://www.dhs.gov/journal/leadership/2008/03/fit-to-print.html

That clearly implies that for NYC folks all July applicants will not be done by 9/30. We may have to go well into December or maybe wait till early next year to be done.

Vik Pal - see Vorpals thread on this article:

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=276335

What you say could be true, but I wouldn't base anything on Gonzalez's statements; they've always been pretty unreliable.

While that is great news for many of you, I would think that would just push the bottleneck into the post-interview period eg oath scheduling and oath ceremonies. It took us 29 weeks to get the interview, and we've now been waiting 6 weeks since then with no sign of any Oath letter (Kansas City). That is over 8 months and counting, and our case is what I think of as straight forward.

While that is great news for many of you, I would think that would just push the bottleneck into the post-interview period eg oath scheduling and oath ceremonies. It took us 29 weeks to get the interview, and we've now been waiting 6 weeks since then with no sign of any Oath letter (Kansas City). That is over 8 months and counting, and our case is what I think of as straight forward.

Ugh, that's a dreadful situation, kckfs. You're right about moving the bottleneck up the chain, if they don't increase court dates for oaths proportionally to interviews. But I think most people would rather have the bottleneck at the later stage, knowing that they've at least finished the interview and (hopefully) had their case approved.

The interesting thing for this thread (well, there are quite a few interesting things said already) is whether anyone has seen one of this out of regular business hours or weekend interviews being scheduled. Perhaps they are publishing the notice ahead of scheduling the interviews. I hope this also helps for other applications, like the N-600 I also have pending ;) They only mention N-400 in the note, but hope it will benefit other interview needed applications.

The interesting thing for this thread (well, there are quite a few interesting things said already) is whether anyone has seen one of this out of regular business hours or weekend interviews being scheduled. Perhaps they are publishing the notice ahead of scheduling the interviews. I hope this also helps for other applications, like the N-600 I also have pending ;) They only mention N-400 in the note, but hope it will benefit other interview needed applications.

I've heard reports of Saturday interviews, but I think this may be standard practice at some DOs. Even if the new hours aren't being implemented for a few weeks or months, it will help get the ILs out sooner as more dates become available. I think the pressing question is whether all DOs (or at least, all busy DOs) are doing this, or only a few.

I can just say that San Jose office would benefit enormously if this new policy were implemented there.

Thanks nyc_naturalizer. Actually looking at your timeline and a few others in this thread makes me think I didn't have it too bad. I was 1 month from posting to fingerprint, with the delay in name check and interview. Overall this seems a very frustrating and opaque process. I'll be glad when I finally make it to Oath, of course then I'll be waiting for passports :mad: