Naturalization date missing on Naturalization Citizenship Certificate - Please help

GC2CS

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had applied for US passport few weeks back. Now receive a letter saying My Naturalization Citizenship Certificate dose not have the naturalization date on it (date stamp) everything else is fine.

Can someone help me what is the procedure to get the date stamped on the Citizenship Certificate and how long dose this take.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I had applied for US passport few weeks back. Now receive a letter saying My Naturalization Citizenship Certificate dose not have the naturalization date on it (date stamp) everything else is fine.

Can someone help me what is the procedure to get the date stamped on the Citizenship Certificate and how long dose this take.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Schedule an Infopass and inquire with them on how to get the date added.

I agree with Bobsmyth. I would try with Infopass first. If they can't help you there, which I guess they will be able to help you. You might have to do a N-565 and wait a few months for a replacement certificate. Try Infopass first, and good luck.

Thanks for the response.

N-565 is for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document. There is nothing wrong with certificate, I just a need date stamp on it.

Man.... I have to pay $380 just for the date.

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

N-565 is for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document. There is nothing wrong with certificate, I just a need date stamp on it.

Man.... I have to pay $380 just for the date.

Thanks

You wouldn't be charged for their mistake. Again, schedule an Infopass first to see how they want you to resolve it.

I know, but some local offices might refuse to make any change to the certificate past some days. I am just saying that if they refuse to modify the certificate by printing the date your only recourse might be N-565. By the way, usually the date is not stamped, it is printed with laser printer. They might refuse to stamp or write the date, as this would be inconsistent with other issued certificates. Anyway, please let us know how the Infopass goes and I hope they can fix the problem without making you go through N-565. In general it is easier to deal with these issues when spotted during the oath ceremony.

Even if they ask you to do N-565 Bobsmyth is right, it wouldn't be at your expense. They would replace it for free, but it would cost you time. Hopefully the Infopass will be fruitful and you'll get the situation fixed at the local office.

I know, but some local offices might refuse to make any change to the certificate past some days. I am just saying that if they refuse to modify the certificate by printing the date your only recourse might be N-565. By the way, usually the date is not stamped, it is printed with laser printer. They might refuse to stamp or write the date, as this would be inconsistent with other issued certificates. Anyway, please let us know how the Infopass goes and I hope they can fix the problem without making you go through N-565. In general it is easier to deal with these issues when spotted during the oath ceremony.

No, they stamp the date at OATH with Date stamp. It is not with laser printer. Only the name and DOB print with laser printer.

Curious. In my case, and many other cases the date is printed with laser printer, same as name and other identifying information. Anyway, I would say that goes definitely in your favor. If it is as simple as using a date stamp they might just correct it there. Please let us know your experience once you can get the Infopass done.

Curious. In my case, and many other cases the date is printed with laser printer, same as name and other identifying information. Anyway, I would say that goes definitely in your favor. If it is as simple as using a date stamp they might just correct it there. Please let us know your experience once you can get the Infopass done.

I have checked with my wife certificate that is why I am sure. (It is right above the signature) I am not sure it is different from each service center.

Thanks

On mine it is also printed on by laser printer. Interestingly,they have "199" printed next to the signature of the then USCIS Director signature Jock Scharfen.

They forgot to date ALL certificates in my oath ceremony, and we all had to go to a counter and get a date stamp right after the ceremony, on the same day, as we came out of the hall

That might explain it. Anyway, I am fairly optimistic an Infopass to the local office will solve the problem.

On mine it is also printed on by laser printer. Interestingly,they have "199" printed next to the signature of the then USCIS Director signature Jock Scharfen.

Interesting, on mine they have 017 printed next to Michael Aytes' signature. Perhaps this three-digit number has some technical meaning or maybe it is an extra security feature...

They forgot to date ALL certificates in my oath ceremony, and we all had to go to a counter and get a date stamp right after the ceremony, on the same day, as we came out of the hall

Thanks, this gave me some hope for instant fix with Infopass.

Thank you all,

I got date stamped on my Naturalization Citizenship Certificate today.

I went to USCIS District Office this morning showed my Infopass provided my Naturalization Citizenship Certificate told the issue. In 15min I got my certificate back with date stamped.

Thank you all again

Thank you all,

I got date stamped on my Naturalization Citizenship Certificate today.

I went to USCIS District Office this morning showed my Infopass provided my Naturalization Citizenship Certificate told the issue. In 15min I got my certificate back with date stamped.

Thank you all again

Alls well that ends well.

Just curious: was the date stamped with a regular rubber stamp or similar, or was it something more "official" looking, such as being accompanied by an embossing or a seal?

Congratulations, I had a strong feeling that you were going to get the thing fixed during your Infopass appointment, in particular if everyone else was getting dates stamped (not printed) on the certificates. Thanks for coming back to bring closure.

Alls well that ends well.

Just curious: was the date stamped with a regular rubber stamp or similar, or was it something more "official" looking, such as being accompanied by an embossing or a seal?

Rubber stamp

Thanks