naturalization - advice

kewlkalang

Registered Users (C)
My goal is to get my wife and kid here in the US as fast as possible.

Here's my current scenario: I'm a green card holder and is ready to
file for naturalization and my ultimage goal is to petition for them once I'm a citizen.

Also, note that we we're married in the Philippines during one of my
visits there during the last 5 years, my son was also born in the Philippines. What kind of proof do I need to establish the relationship? Do they ask for any flight manifest, old copies of passport (i cannot locate my old passport) or just a marriage contract?

Also, although I've been in the country for the past 5 years as per their requirement, I only have 3 years of tax returns. The first two years I was not working, will this hurt my application?

Any potential complications in my scenario?

Thank you.

Thank you for any help.

Tax returns are an "optional" extra for N-400, so chances are you may not need them when you go to interview. Take what you have.

You also are unlikely to need to prove validity of your marriage during the N-400 process, which will focus primarily on you and what you've been up to for the last 5 years or so.

Once you gain your USC, you will file I-130 for your spouse, and at that point the fun starts... sorry can't offer much more advice there. Maybe check the family-based GC forum for additional help.

Thank you.

Sounds great, hopefully I will be happy with the result of my upcoming application. Based on the timelines here, LA processing time is about 6 months, I will keep everyone posted.

kewlkalang: nice to know there's another pinoy in this forum! we are in the same predicament...we're both LPR and waiting to be naturalized to get wife and kid here in the States..
when will u file your N-400? Keep in touch kabayan..