National of MEXICO USe RTd for Germany and NP for NEtherlands

asyleedec2006

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys, I am trying to go to Europe and visit some friends in Germany and the Netherlands. I have a couple of questions:

Since NEtherlands requires Schengen Visa for any RTD holder. and Germany Does not. I still have my NP passport from Mexico. I thought maybe I could do this.

Fly to Germany enter with RTD (so there's a Stamp in my RTD) I know they dont require a visa.

From Germany go to the Netherlands with my NP and enter NEtherlands with NP (because MExican passports do no need VISA). I will also Fly back from Germany into the US. will this give me any problems entering back?

I know if when I apply for citizenship they ask me why there's a stamp in my NP from the netherlands I will be honest and tell them that I couldn't get a VISA with my RTD so I entered that country with my NP. But I also Used the RTD to enter Germany.

When I entered back from CANADA a few weeks ago the IO's don't even look for the stamps of the countries you are coming from I mean they really don't care as long as you didn't go to COP

Please advise. I want to go in November.

Thanks guys.

Hello guys, I am trying to go to Europe and visit some friends in Germany and the Netherlands. I have a couple of questions:

Since NEtherlands requires Schengen Visa for any RTD holder. and Germany Does not. I still have my NP passport from Mexico. I thought maybe I could do this.

Fly to Germany enter with RTD (so there's a Stamp in my RTD) I know they dont require a visa.

From Germany go to the Netherlands with my NP and enter NEtherlands with NP (because MExican passports do no need VISA). I will also Fly back from Germany into the US. will this give me any problems entering back?

I know if when I apply for citizenship they ask me why there's a stamp in my NP from the netherlands I will be honest and tell them that I couldn't get a VISA with my RTD so I entered that country with my NP. But I also Used the RTD to enter Germany.

When I entered back from CANADA a few weeks ago the IO's don't even look for the stamps of the countries you are coming from I mean they really don't care as long as you didn't go to COP

Please advise. I want to go in November.

Thanks guys.

As you are only an asylee without a green card yet I would not even think about using the national passport at all.

what about all the people that are still asylees with no GC and go out with NP and enter other countries and come back to the US with no Stamps on they're RTD and have no rpoblems!! I mean It just sounds kind of unfair that I can't travel just because I dont have a visa on the RTD, practically I see it as I am not going to COP and therefore I am not violating the most important warning. and Besides all this things that you guys say about traveling with NP and RTD is ilegall is really not true at all!!!!

I have been in Canada 3 times the last 2 motnhs. and every single time the IO entering canada ask me for my NP!!! and when I enter back the US they ask me for my passport ALSO!!! USCIS knows that I had a passport before appliying for asylum, plus I am not in troubles with the GOVMNT of MX or something like that. my case is more about life treaths than political reasons.

So please if you decide to answer please consider all these facts before saying No.

If you are so insistent then go ahead and do it. Why bother asking for other people's opinions?

what about all the people that are still asylees with no GC and go out with NP and enter other countries and come back to the US with no Stamps on they're RTD and have no rpoblems!! I mean It just sounds kind of unfair that I can't travel just because I dont have a visa on the RTD, practically I see it as I am not going to COP and therefore I am not violating the most important warning. and Besides all this things that you guys say about traveling with NP and RTD is ilegall is really not true at all!!!!

I have been in Canada 3 times the last 2 motnhs. and every single time the IO entering canada ask me for my NP!!! and when I enter back the US they ask me for my passport ALSO!!! USCIS knows that I had a passport before appliying for asylum, plus I am not in troubles with the GOVMNT of MX or something like that. my case is more about life treaths than political reasons.

So please if you decide to answer please consider all these facts before saying No.

Well this is just my personal opinion.
I wouldnt advice you to use two forms of travelling documents for the same travel as this might raise some questions but again its purely my personal opinion you can choose whatever you want to do.

asyleedec2006,

Your asylum approval letter specifically says it before you travel outside of USA, you must apply for a RTD. You can travel with NP to Netherland and RTD to Germany and go wherever with no visa or do whatever outside USA but when you get to POE , you cant show both of them. You have to show just RTD since you are still an Asylee.

If you are so sure about your facts, go ahead and do what you think is right for you.
Therefore, dont ask in this forum if you already have the answer for your concerns and dont like what we have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
OF course I am going to show RTD only when I enter USA, and by the way am not going to COP as many of the people here have done it. So I am sure I have nothing to worry about it. As we know each asylum case is diferent and not all of US are in the same positions. So thanks for your positives and negatives responses aswell. :)

OF course I am going to show RTD only when I enter USA, and by the way am not going to COP as many of the people here have done it. So I am sure I have nothing to worry about it. As we know each asylum case is diferent and not all of US are in the same positions. So thanks for your positives and negatives responses aswell. :)

Dude stop fooling yourself. Asylee status means that you can't get the protection from your COP hence can't get a NP. Also you should remember that in the international law, an asylee can't have a NP. So if you go the netherlands and the immigration officer asks you how you plan to enter U.S and you show a RTD..you are totally screwed! They take those things seriously in Europe because people tend to abuse the system like you are trying to do now.

Just enter Germany with RTD and take a train from Cologne to Amsterdam...they are NO CHECKS. They are no checks by AIR or Land once you are in schegen...IF suppose an officer does stop you, you can say you didn't know that you needed a visa since Germany was ok... and the chances are that they will be ok since you already are a national of country that doesn't require visa for Netherlands.

Make it simple for yourself.

Hey Want Thank you very much for your response I find it very helpfull and informative that's the kind of answers people should post here. By the way I am going to enter Germany tru Frankfurt is it ok to go from there also by train to the Netherlands? I will try if they don't let me in the NEtherlands I thin I will have to spend my vacations in Germany the entire time.!!!

Also I am not renewing my NP I had it since before my interview. ( But I wont take it with me if is that simple.) Thanks again.

Hey Want Thank you very much for your response I find it very helpfull and informative that's the kind of answers people should post here. By the way I am going to enter Germany tru Frankfurt is it ok to go from there also by train to the Netherlands? I will try if they don't let me in the NEtherlands I thin I will have to spend my vacations in Germany the entire time.!!!

Also I am not renewing my NP I had it since before my interview. ( But I wont take it with me if is that simple.) Thanks again.

Yep. You can depart from Frankfurt.To get to Amsterdam,you will need to make a tansfert @ cologne.Cologne - Amsterdam is operated by belgian Trailways named THALLYS.Trains to Amsterdam(Netherlands) depart from Brussels(Belgium) via Cologne(Germany).You will be ok and will enjoy your trip.No immigration checks.All you need is your RTD.Enter Germany on RTD and take the train from Frankfurt airport (Terminal 1) to Cologne,then switch to another one that will take to Amsterdam.

They will let you in don't worry. You can take a train from Frankfurt airport to Amsterdam. Go to www.bahn.de and enter Frankfurt Flugafen as your departure and Amsterdam Centraal as your arrival. You can then see schedules etc.

If you want to take a plane thats ok too. Past summer, I had a schegen visa but I went from Germany to all other schegen states including Amsterdaam with NO checks at all. It was amazing that I went from Frankfurt to Rome without even showing any ID.

So it is ok to FLY also???? Thanks guys for your info about transportantion once in Europe, I appreciate it, so you most likely think there will be no problem even if I take a plane from GERMANY to NEtherlands or Spain?

ADvice please. I am planning either fly into Amsterdam or Madrid from Frankfurt and I will play DUMB all the time!!! lol I will take my RTD and claim I had no problems entering GErmany so... figure it out. lol./

So it is ok to FLY also???? Thanks guys for your info about transportantion once in Europe, I appreciate it, so you most likely think there will be no problem even if I take a plane from GERMANY to NEtherlands or Spain?

ADvice please. I am planning either fly into Amsterdam or Madrid from Frankfurt and I will play DUMB all the time!!! lol I will take my RTD and claim I had no problems entering GErmany so... figure it out. lol./

NO problems at all to take a plane too..but recommend trains because airports always has cops..