National Benefits Center

NoInterviewDate

Registered Users (C)
Hello helpful people.
I have had to start this new question because I could not add a reply or update to my original post for some reason.
Anyway, basically I posted back in April about my N400 application and the fact that I still haven't had an interview letter.

I applied in September 2008 and was given a priority date of September 10th. I am still waiting for the interview notice. My fingerprinting has been done. I had a letter back in February saying they had completely reviewed my file and to bring my passport and green card to the interview, but since then, nothing.

I have been on 2 infpass appointments which really have yielded nothing but more questions. The 2nd lady told me my file was in Nebraska and she requested it to be returned to Fairfax DO for interview scheduling. She did not know why it was even in Nebraska.

I fired off an email to a local congressman and he sent me a letter informing me his office was told that my file is at the eastern National Benefits Center and when it's processed it will then be sent to Fairfax. But from what I understand, the NBC does the pre processing and setting up of FP appointments?

Why would the IO at the infopass appointment at the Fairfax office tell me she didn't know why my file was in Nebraska if it was still there to be pre-processed? Surely she would know if things were wrong? She wouldn't have told me my FP check had all cleared.
I had that yellow letter back in February from the Dept. Of Homeland Security stating they had completely reviewed my file and all I needed to do was bring my drivers license and passport to the interview. From this and other websites I was under the impression the interview letter would arrive within a matter of days of that yellow letter.
But it never came.

It has been a month since the 2nd appointment infopass officer told me my file was in Nebraska. She led me to believe I should expect to get a letter before the month was out.
Any advice on what to do now? Should a file still be at the National Benefits Center when the fingerprinting was done 7 months ago!!? Particularly when supposedly, the fingerprinting all cleared?

Vermont was the initial center my application was sent to. I live in Virginia. Northern Virginia, not West Virginia, just to clarify.
My local office is in Fairfax. Lots of Fairfax applications have already been processed, many of them were filed months after mine. This is why I am so tired of waiting.

I am so fed up now.

Help, advice? Opinions? Should I contact a senator now? Should I go on another Infopass appointment and just keep bugging them every month? As far as I can see there is absolutely no reason for this length of time I have been waiting. :confused::(

Schedule an Infopass and request to speak with a supervisor. Also, consider contacting USCIS Ombudsman since your priority date falls outside posted processing times for Washington DC DO.

I Don't know what to tell you. I tought my application is behind time but yours is worse. I hope You get your IL soon... Did you apply on 5 or 3 year basis?
I sent my N-400 on January 27th 2009 and get priority date Jan 28th 09.
On March 27th 2009 I recived yellow letter saying to bring all passports and travel documets I've ever used.
Since then nothing. Called once USICS, went once to infopass and all they say is "everithing is ok, keep waitting" .
My D/O is Orlando, FL and I can see that everybody from Feb and March 2009 have already recived IL ...
Plesae keep us updated with any news, it seems I'm in same boat that I call "black hole"

Thanks Bobsmyth. I have made another appointment for this Friday at the D.O. in Fairfax. This will be my 3rd appointment. Should I just request a supervisor once I get to the desk of whomever calls out my number?
I really am skeptical at this time as to whether I will get any real answers.

The main thing bothering me is that if there was something wrong they should have either sent an RFE or at the very least been able to tell me when I went on the other infopass appointments that that they are waiting for stuff. But the last officer said there were no issues and she would get them to request the file be sent back to them for scheduling. And again, more than a month and still no letter.

It is very frustrating and disheartening when you see that others who filed several months after you have processed in just 4 or 5 months.

I had never heard of the USCIS Ombudsman. Once I have the infopass appointment behind me I will contact him if I still have no answers.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Hi there orl09.
I actually applied on the 5 year basis.

I have had my green card since 1994. I am married to an American but thought by applying on my own basis that there would be less hassle with documents etc. More straightforward than having to get tax records and everything else and having to get all his info as well as mine. I have been a legal, tax paying, working resident for a long time, so thought I may as well finally become a citizen of my adopted country.

I have been in the US for 19 years but never really wanted citizenship before.
Now I know why!!! They don't want me either.:rolleyes:

All joking aside though, it is definitely frustrating having to wait when you don't know what the hold up is. Since December I have been telling myself "the letter will arrive today" but it never does. I can't help hoping...which is why it's so depressing when I am wrong every day!

Good luck with yours.

Thanks Bobsmyth. I have made another appointment for this Friday at the D.O. in Fairfax. This will be my 3rd appointment. Should I just request a supervisor once I get to the desk of whomever calls out my number?
I really am skeptical at this time as to whether I will get any real answers.

The main thing bothering me is that if there was something wrong they should have either sent an RFE or at the very least been able to tell me when I went on the other infopass appointments that that they are waiting for stuff. But the last officer said there were no issues and she would get them to request the file be sent back to them for scheduling. And again, more than a month and still no letter.

It is very frustrating and disheartening when you see that others who filed several months after you have processed in just 4 or 5 months.

I had never heard of the USCIS Ombudsman. Once I have the infopass appointment behind me I will contact him if I still have no answers.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

When you arrive at Infopass, kindly tell the IO your case circumstances and that you request to speak with a supervisor. If nothing comes out of your Infopass, then contact Ombudsman.

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Hang in there..it can be very frustrating to deal with USCIS, but don't let negativity get in the way. Before you know it your ordeal will be over.