National Benefits Center and our I-485

USATnT

Registered Users (C)
My husband (a visa overstayer from Trinidad) and I (U.S. citizen) married in the USA 2010. A few months after we married, we filed the forms I-485, I-130, and I-765. On all the notices, the received date is September 26, 2010 and the notice date is October 1, 2010. We did not receive any RFE's and I assume that everything in our application was recevied.

On November 5, my husband did his biometrics and he received his work permit approximately 3 weeks later.

Now it is April 1 (more than 6 months since we filed), and we haven't heard anything. We live in NYC and assumed that the Vermont Service Center was actually processing our case (which has processing times of the I-485 listed as 9/25/2010). We tried to call USCIS today and were told that our case is at the National Benefit Center and there are no processing times listed. Why is our case at the National Benefit Center and what should we expect???

We thought we would've had the interview by now. We want to travel abroad this summer. Is this normal and should we be worried? Do you think we will get an interview date soon????????

same happened to me

the same happens to me, wen the main service centers are full of applications, they send the ones that can not process to the national benefit center (MSC), i had my I-485 application filed with the Vermont Service Center, and they transferred to MSC, it took exactly 4 months after I filed my application to receive my card, maybe yours is delayed because it has 3 applications in one, otherwise idk what is happening, good luck :)

USCIS Field Operations Directorate

Mission

To ensure the integrity of the immigration system and lend assistance to applicants, petitioners, and beneficiaries through the field offices and National Benefits Center.

What We Do

Field Operations Directorate:

Provides management and oversight to the diverse operations of the National Benefits Center, and the domestic regional, district, field, and field support offices
Adjudicates applications and petitions for immigration benefits
Interviews applicants for immigration benefits
Conducts naturalization ceremonies nationwide
Completes required security and background security checks for pending applications and petitions
Provides immigration information and outreach

Organization

Field Operations Directorate includes:

87 field offices and field support offices that deliver immigration benefit services directly to applicants and petitioners in communities across the United States and its territories

The National Benefits Center (NBC) which performs centralized front-end processing of applications and petitions that require field office interviews (primarily, family-based I-485s and N-400s). In addition, the NBC adjudicates some form types to completion including I-765s, I-131s, immigration benefits associated with the LIFE Act, legalization-related applications and international adoption cases

A headquarters office, four regional offices and 26 district offices that provide oversight, direction and support to the field offices, field support offices and NBC

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=79383f437a18a210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD