Namecheck Pending

sat04

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My priority date became current on December 2005. My I-485 received date August 2004. Based on my case status inquiry, I received a letter from VSC stating that the background check is open and it will take 6 months. 6 months is going to be over in June. I contacted my senator in May and got a letter saying that my case is pending adjudication. They didn't mention anything about security check. When I try to call them, they totally ignored me. Again last week I contacted my local congressman. I got a letter saying that the case is pending due to security check. I really don't know what to do at this stage. Any suggestion please? I know there are lot of people in the same boat. Is anyone waiting from 2004? I am really frustrated about this. I would appreciate any input here. Can attorney do anything here?

Sat

security check pending since June 04

Hello sat04

I read your posting of June 22 regarding name check pending.Actually I am also in the same boat.My I 485 reciept date is June 2004 in Vermont service center in EB2 category. I have enquired three times and have got the same response everytime that my case is pending due to background security check and contact us after 6 months.My finger printing was done in Feb 2005.One week ago I approached congressman to enquire about my case. Now I am waiting for his reponse.

In which category you have filed? Is name check and background security check is similar? I have heard about 'mandamus' for filing lawsuit against USCIS but I don't know its details and success rate etc. and whether someone should go for this or not. What are you planning to do next?

sms25

Hello SMS25,

Sorry I didn't read your reply until today. I was so frustrated that I didn't get any mood to read any discussion forums. I am on EB3 category with PD of Dec 98. I tried Senator/Congressman approach and didn't get anything out of senator. But the Congressman office told me that they would follow up on this. But I never heard back from them. It is almost a month. I really don't know what to do at this stage. I am just waiting. I also heard that filing writ is also not going to help unless you have a valid reason. I will keep you posted if I hear anything from congressman's office. You also should contact your congressman just to follow up. You never know when things will get moved.

Thanks,

Sat

I am in the same boat. AOS pending since 02/2004. FP 12/2004. Wating for naming check to clear. I called VCS last Friday and talked to a lady who was super nice. She pulled out my file and told me my name check was just cleared recently. After spending several mins to make sure I haven't been scheduled for FP, she took the steps to make sure I was on the queue for FP appointment. My 1st FP has outdated and need a new one. I have been checking my status online recently and no changes. I am also still waiting for the FP appointment to come. I will call them again if I don't receive the FP appointment in next week.

My AOS has been pending since July'2003 (FP in Sep'2004) and no where to go. I initiated my last (of the many is the last 3 years) enquiry with USCIS in early June and no response yet. Planning to initiate an AILA enquiry. If that does not work out will have to goto a congressman.

Name check pending -- which state of senator and congressman to go to?

Hi, I have been stucked in name check for more than 2 years. My I-485 was submitted in 2004/02. I have made a few telephony enquiries before. Everytime I was told that my case is in background check. I always asked for the date they submited the name check request to FBI. But they always told me that they can't release that information to me. Though I did see people on this forum did get that information from them. Guess I am always in bad luck. My priority date becomes current in May. I have asked Lawyer to send in enquiry in June and they got response today that my case is still waiting for background check and I should wait for 6 months. Again they didn't tell when the name check request was issued. I would like to puruse Senator/Congressman route to see if there is any help. However, I have 2 questions: (1) since I don't know when my name check request was issued, should I just assume it is a few weeks after the receipt date of I-485 (as I heard from this forum)? (2) which state of senator/congressman should I go to? My company's headquarter is in NY so my application was going through VSC. But I am physically living in Texas. Should I ask help from Vermont or Texas Senator/Congressman?

Last question, I am also thinking of sending FOIA request to FBI. I have a template got from this forum before which was addressed to David Hardy. But I kind of remembering that he is not the Chief anymore. Can some one confirm? If yes, what the new Chief's name? Thanks a lot.

LastPiece,

Ask Texas Senators/Congressman's help.
These senators people will ask where you are living and your address, SSN No..etc.

What should be included in the letter asking senator/congressman for help for Name Check clearance?

Thanks, BunnyGC. I have sent letter to the Congressman for my district. Will post back after I hear from him. Thanks.

I am also in the same boat - stuck in "routine security check" (a.k.a. name check probably). My I-485 was filed on Jan 31, 2005.

Just as an aside on a lighter note, I think parents should give uncommon names to their kids:) I think, my name, Ajay is probably leading to a zillion hits:). Two of my friends with uncommon names got their I-485 approved very quickly.

me too-dates current since May 1,2006.Tried calling the 1-800 again but again given ref. number.Do you know aht the POJ method of getting the VSC rep is?
Thanks

I don't think it has anything as such to do with individual names. I know a lot of people with very common names getting I-485 and I having one the most unique names in the world haven't. My PD became current since April this year.
--Naveen Oshos
akayal1973 said:
I am also in the same boat - stuck in "routine security check" (a.k.a. name check probably). My I-485 was filed on Jan 31, 2005.

Just as an aside on a lighter note, I think parents should give uncommon names to their kids:) I think, my name, Ajay is probably leading to a zillion hits:). Two of my friends with uncommon names got their I-485 approved very quickly.

The way to contact VSC directly is basically at the end, there is option for selecting 4 (the stuff about multiple files) - choose that. It was suggested by others on the forum and worked for me.

If you choose 3 (i.e. case outside processing time), you reach National Customer Service, where you are given a reference number.

noshs said:
I don't think it has anything as such to do with individual names. I know a lot of people with very common names getting I-485 and I having one the most unique names in the world haven't. My PD became current since April this year.
--Naveen Oshos

Naveen would seem pretty common, isn't it. Just kidding. My last name is unique too; however, I read on the FBI website that they check in multitude of combinations - only first name etc. blah blah..