Namecheck Pending

My senator finally got a reply from FBI.They havemy namecheck since April,2005(my I-485 was concurrent filed in March 2005).In the meantime the UCSIC VSC approved the I-140 2 EADs and 2 APs.The FBI is teh ones who have been sitting on the namechecks and leading to so much misery for all of us.
I just hope that this misery ends soon-My PD is current as of now but with retrogression looming again in September-I might again be retrogressed.Though till the FBI clears the namecheck there is no point.
I have tried sending e mails to the FBI-I think they print them-scan them for some DHS related issue and then dump them into a shredder-after all they are too busy with God knows what!
:( :( :( :( :(

Indidoc, that's too bad. Hopefully, the namecheck gets cleared soon. I haven't written to senator as yet since I am pretty sure I am stuck in name check also. VSC said pending because of "routine security check".

When is your PD? My priority date is Jan 31, 2005. What is your prediction about how far the EB-1 dates for India will retrogress in September?

My PD is March 13th,2005.
The EB1 may retrogress till July/jan 2005 or it may even become unavailable-point is how does it matter becoz till the namecheck clears we are still stuck-and hopefully in October the dates should become current/atleast come back to where they are.
The USCIS will take more than a month even after the namecheck clears-they are swamped with H1b at teh VSC and I don`t think they care how many files are sitting in the backroom.
Anyway Good luck

I called recenty USCIS. And found out my case pending from June 28 2004.

sat04 said:
Hello,

My priority date became current on December 2005. My I-485 received date August 2004. Based on my case status inquiry, I received a letter from VSC stating that the background check is open and it will take 6 months. 6 months is going to be over in June. I contacted my senator in May and got a letter saying that my case is pending adjudication. They didn't mention anything about security check. When I try to call them, they totally ignored me. Again last week I contacted my local congressman. I got a letter saying that the case is pending due to security check. I really don't know what to do at this stage. Any suggestion please? I know there are lot of people in the same boat. Is anyone waiting from 2004? I am really frustrated about this. I would appreciate any input here. Can attorney do anything here?

Sat

Based on the USCIS June'2006 name check report, looks like only 1% have their name check pending for more than 6 months. One of those times when I dont feel great about being in the top 1%. Any idea on how long it takes to get the FOIA response from FBI ? Does this help in any way ?

I'am schedule A, PD current now, and likely to retrogress in Oct'06. Hope something happens by then, else I will step into one of those spots on the "Snake and ladder" games where one gets sucked by the snake, to sorta go way back in the line.

I learnt today from USCIS that my case also has been stuck in "security checks". I was'nt able to know since when was it stuck - as th officer kept insisting that they cannot release such informaiton. But since I filed my I-485 case in March 2005 - I am assuming that it has been stuck since then. My FP were done back in May 2005.

So has anyone gotten there "security checks" cleared and finally gotten approval... Please post details if so.

Can someone please posts the content of the letter that they wrote to the senator and have gotten appropriate response regarding where there case is at??

For NY whic=h of the 2 senators will be more helpful - Hillary Clinton or Charles Schumer???

Thanks

Aakash28 said:
I learnt today from USCIS that my case also has been stuck in "security checks". I was'nt able to know since when was it stuck - as th officer kept insisting that they cannot release such informaiton. But since I filed my I-485 case in March 2005 - I am assuming that it has been stuck since then. My FP were done back in May 2005.

So has anyone gotten there "security checks" cleared and finally gotten approval... Please post details if so.

Can someone please posts the content of the letter that they wrote to the senator and have gotten appropriate response regarding where there case is at??

For NY whic=h of the 2 senators will be more helpful - Hillary Clinton or Charles Schumer???

Thanks
Give it a try for both, but I think both useless.