namecheck long waiters - old timers

jamnj said:
So what do you do now? Why hasn't the CIS told you if it was cleared almost a year ago? Do you go to your local office and ask them to check it--what's your next step? (I'm in same position, still waiting on response from FBI but I have a feeling it will be same story as yours (that it cleared a long time ago-and I still haven't been notified).

Thanks..

As to what to do now, wait..ofcourse ! My RD is still a long way from current processing time, so even if I have got the FP and name check cleared (presumably), they will not touch my application for another 8-12 months. See my signature for details of I-485.

And as far as CIS telling me about it clearing, never heard of that. They never tell and are not supposed to tell you about name check at all.

if your case is on hold ONLY beacuse of the name check and you've been through the interview a long time ago (like I have) and everything was fine-then they DO tell you when it comes in. they periodically check the computers....and notify you as to when it's approved.

Hi Guys,

Okay so i read through the posts and someone asked a good question that how would you know that your FBI Check is pending? everyone is talking about sending fax and getting e-mail back, but how would they know that the FBI Check was pending? I dont think USCIS website shows the message that your FBI check isn't completed? So how do you guys know about your case? or is it just Random Fax to the FBI?

Thanks in Advance

Totally confused

After 2 and half years of filing for 485, we came to know my name went for check and not done yet? Reading these messages, I got more confused.
Can someone tell me what is the difference between finger print checks versus background name checks?? who will do it? How long it will take? Even people from non-religious countries also needs to go for this hurdle? Feels like my process never gonna end. What a process? it shouldn't be this hard on prospective immigrants? Ouch.

my 485 is pending since March 06, 2001 and am name check pending now. Had been interviewed, finger printed twice already and waiting..... mailed FBI
but this is a dead forum isn't it....

Johar Ali said:
my 485 is pending since March 06, 2001 and am name check pending now. Had been interviewed, finger printed twice already and waiting..... mailed FBI
but this is a dead forum isn't it....
Did you email FBI recently? Also any idea when USCIS sent a request for your name check to FBI?

frodo said:
Did you email FBI recently? Also any idea when USCIS sent a request for your name check to FBI?
I went and asked the USCIS and they refused to tell me as when did they place a request. Mailed FBI last month after the interview. My interview was on 02/07/2005
Thanks

Johar Ali said:
I went and asked the USCIS and they refused to tell me as when did they place a request. Mailed FBI last month after the interview. My interview was on 02/07/2005
Thanks
Thanks. USCIS placde a request for my name check with the FBI in Dec 2003. Incidently, my wife who's my derivative had her name check cleared in Dec 2002. So I suspect that in Dec 03 USCIS sent a second request.