• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Name has more than 3 words. how to post the name?

Mishel

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone say how to post the name ? I am asking this for someone who has 5 words to be honest ! Abul Kalam Monjur morshed Khan

in the DV , there is 1st name , Middle Name and Last Name, how do you post it?

my guess

1st and Last is ok. rest all together goes in the Middle name field

what do you mean by this??????????????

Can anyone say how to post the name ? I am asking this for someone who has 5 words to be honest ! Abul Kalam Monjur morshed Khan

my guess

1st and Last is ok. rest all together goes in the Middle name field

First Name: Given Name
Middle Name: Father Name
Last Name: Family Name

I hope you don't mean that (Abdul Kalam Monjur Morshed Khan) is one name and that is yours (Given Name) :confused:

Otherwise it's simple, no need to keep all names .............................

thanks , no it's not my name but it's someone's name.

I think i will do this

First Name : Abdul
Middle Name: Kalam Monjur Morshed
Last Name: Khan

Any advices?

Mishel: your suggestion makes sense as long as the person's last name really is only Khan. I am sure there are plenty of people with more than one middle name so in my mind writing more than one name in that field should not be a problem.

I did as you say, I just put last name and first name in the corresponding boxes and all my names in between first and last I put in the middle names box. KCC confirmed the forms were acceptable and we have date for interview so this way seems to be ok.

I hope it helps.
JC

If you have one first name and one last name but 3 middle names, you should only fill out first, last name and the first of the 3 middle names....

Many people from Europe and other countries have exactly the same issue. In America they will hardly ever ask more than the first middle names, the rest is for you to keep, as a way of speaking....:)

You can put "n/a" or "none" for the middle name, if you (your person) doesn't have it. Middle names are not the same as paternal names, and not all the peoples have middle names. For the last name I would suggest to use the name which this person shares with his father. The rest can be understood then as a first name, i.e a name which is unique for this person, and not shared with his immediate relatives.

I have three names as well (four including my last name). I always put my two middle names in the corresponding box and use the other two for my first and last name. While it is true that in the US people mostly only use their first middle name (even if they have more than one middle name), it's better to be safe than sorry so I would advise to give ALL your names, even if it's twenty. Provided of course the box allows you to put down that many names ;)