• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Name error

Hashim

I selcted and my family in dv2020 but i made mistake in all names write name first middle last suppose to last first middle as i write sara john taha suppose taha sara john . I made this in all family name . Is this will disqualify ?
Also i use last year photo also is will disqualify ?

I am pretty sure the name when you're applying doesn't really matter. As long as you have the correct names on the DS-260 then you will be fine. MAKE sure that the names are correct for the DS-260 form.

If I am wrong, someone can correct me on this.

I am pretty sure the name when you're applying doesn't really matter. As long as you have the correct names on the DS-260 then you will be fine. MAKE sure that the names are correct for the DS-260 form.

If I am wrong, someone can correct me on this.
not entirely true, some errors at the time of application can be forgiven but if the applicant is from a high fraud country additional scrutiny may be applied. Additionally, some people use shady tactics like this to make multiple entries.
All you can do is ensure your DS-260 is filled in correctly and hope the CO accepts this as an honest mistake. However you are already putting yourself at risk of denial by using an old photo - the choice is yours to proceed with the application or not

I selcted and my family in dv2020 but i made mistake in all names write name first middle last suppose to last first middle as i write sara john taha suppose taha sara john . I made this in all family name . Is this will disqualify ?
Also i use last year photo also is will disqualify ?
What area are you from?

not entirely true, some errors at the time of application can be forgiven but if the applicant is from a high fraud country additional scrutiny may be applied. Additionally, some people use shady tactics like this to make multiple entries.
All you can do is ensure your DS-260 is filled in correctly and hope the CO accepts this as an honest mistake. However you are already putting yourself at risk of denial by using an old photo - the choice is yours to proceed with the application or not

Ah gotcha, good to know!