Name Check

mygc1012

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Did anybobdy had to do a Name Check status enquiry? Can you please let me know how to initiate a Name Check status check.

Thanks for your help.

Search or/and see my former posts.
It is not you who initiates your name check, it is USCIS...

Thanks for that. I am trying to know if my name check has been completed by FBI.

RD May 2003
Transfer to NYC Nov 2004
Not interviewed
Back to Vermnont Oct 2005

I would appreciate if you can tell what kind of documentation congressman needs to enquire about our case.

Thanks

I did mail a letter to congressman including all my info (and dependents) like DOB, place of birth, A#, all receipt #s all dates when submitted, all info on my requests on status of name check, copies of FOIPA responses from FBI for me and spouse, copies of e-mails from FBI on pending NC...also you have to sign a form which in my case was on congressman's website.

I made an enquiry yesterday and was told that name check is still pending. The person I spoke to seemed to be helpful and upon my request mentioned that the request for name check was initiated in September 2005, which means it's been pending with the name check agency for about 7 months now.

What I don't understand is how come the request for name check was initiated more than a year later when 140/485 etc. were filed back in 2004 (and the dates were current at the time)? Pardon me for my lack of knowledge of the process followed by USCIS, if any, but I thought as soon as they receive all the paperwork one of the things they do is initiate the name check process. Isn't this true?

What I also don't understand is that I had made an enquiry in June 2005 and was told even then that name check is still pending!! So, is it possible that they actually initiated the name check process 3 months after I enquired about it? Any ideas/explanations/experiences/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

I called VSC and they dont even tell me that Namecheck is pending. Filed 485 in december 2004 and FP in MArch 2005. PD is August 2000 - EB3 . Date is current and no activity on my 485 yet.

The reps just say that they dont have any more informations and will send a referral and no response for a referral sent almost overa month back. How can I get more details. Please help .

I think most of them who applied for AOS (I-485) on Dec 2004 are stuck in name check. I also applied on Dec 2004, still stuck on name check, contacted the senator by mail but no reply. Do you guys see such pattern as those who applied on Dec 2004 are stuck in name check?

LUD for name check?

Guys did you have an LUD for name check? my 140 and 485 were submitted 12/04 too and my 485 had an LUD 11/05. wonder if that's for name check?

also, what exactly do they check for this name check? if my name is on their "blacklist"? sorry for my ignorance...

my RD is dec2004. PD is Aug 2000 EB3. I received the "call aftrer 6 months letter" saying background check is pending. What is writ mandamus. How to proceeed. Can anybody post details

Hello kppr12,

kppr12 said:
I made an enquiry yesterday and was told that name check is still pending. The person I spoke to seemed to be helpful and upon my request mentioned that the request for name check was initiated in September 2005, which means it's been pending with the name check agency for about 7 months now.

What I don't understand is how come the request for name check was initiated more than a year later when 140/485 etc. were filed back in 2004 (and the dates were current at the time)? Pardon me for my lack of knowledge of the process followed by USCIS, if any, but I thought as soon as they receive all the paperwork one of the things they do is initiate the name check process. Isn't this true?

What I also don't understand is that I had made an enquiry in June 2005 and was told even then that name check is still pending!! So, is it possible that they actually initiated the name check process 3 months after I enquired about it? Any ideas/explanations/experiences/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

I am also planning to call up 1-800-375–5283 number to see the status of my Name check (if any). Can you please specify what were the options you chose in order ot get such a helpfuly response.

Thanks

kppr12,

I think the name check and all other security checks are requested/conducted many times. Probably every 9-10 months. Maybe the name check pending date you got is for the 2nd or 3rd request made to FBI.

If this is true, it is sheer hell

--Naveen Oshos
TSC05 said:
kppr12,

I think the name check and all other security checks are requested/conducted many times. Probably every 9-10 months. Maybe the name check pending date you got is for the 2nd or 3rd request made to FBI.

I heard there is "expiration date" for each check. They keep doing it again and again until your priority date becomes current and un-expired security check match up at the right time !

Name Check hell

My lawyer just called USCIS and she was told that my name check is still stuck with the FBI.

THis is after one officer at USCIS told me that name check has come through and they are waiting for my PD to be current (became current in March) to update their systems.

THis sucks big time!!!