name check

needluck1

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I went for interview and the officer told me my case is pending for FBI name check. I did the FAX using the FBI name check number. I feel very frustrated with green card. What should I do now, please help. Thanks
needluck1

:confused:

Originally posted by needluck1
Hi, I went for interview and the officer told me my case is pending for FBI name check. I did the FAX using the FBI name check number. I feel very frustrated with green card. What should I do now, please help. Thanks
needluck1
-------Name check takes time.

:confused:

Interview at Garden City

needluck1,

We had our interview at Garden city on 28th and our name check is pending too. The attorny said that it might take upto a year for it to come back. You posted that you did a FAX using the FBI name check number. Where can I get that number? Can you please post some information about that process. Thank you

FAX # I used is: 202-324-3367. The phone # is 202-324-2399. So far I do not have any response from FBI yet. Please let me know if you have any better way to get this throug. It is so painful and it affect my life a lot
Needluck 1

Thanks a lot for posting the FBI phone number for the name check.

The name check takes time. The question is how long. Is there any way to monitor our case such as the I-485 processing tiem bulletin board?

My family were interviewed in Baltimore on April 9, 2002. I was approved (principle applicant) the same day. My wife and daughter needed name check. But my daughter got approval two months later. We have not got any information for my wife's case since then.

We called immigration office and FBI finger print number, but never get any positive answer.

But I did have friends got approved in Boston several months later after interviewing.

Hi, Can u please let me know the immigration office # you called? I do not know how to track FBI name check result either. Thanks

Finally approved

I got the approval letter in mail yesterday. We had out interview in Garden City on the 28th April and the name check was pending then. We had faxed over the information to the number needluck1 has posted. I don't know if that helped, but we got the approval. We will get the actual cards in mail in 2-3 weeks. Our attorney said we will also get a notice to go the NY City office to get our passports stamped.

I hope you all hear the good news soon .. good luck