Name check tracking

Count me.

goal32 said:
Anyone get stucked in Name check please post here

Passed the interview in the end of Feb. 04 but approval pending on name check. So it must be ordered in Jan. 04 based on the hint given by the interview officer. Called FBI on April 15 and still no responses. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Xie said:
Passed the interview in the end of Feb. 04 but approval pending on name check. So it must be ordered in Jan. 04 based on the hint given by the interview officer. Called FBI on April 15 and still no responses. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We passed our interview back in early Sept.2003. Our name checks were done in late March,2004. So you just have to wait couple of more months.
Be patient.

Xinpossible

Xinpossible said:
We passed our interview back in early Sept.2003. Our name checks were done in late March,2004. So you just have to wait couple of more months.
Be patient.

Xinpossible

Thanks a lot. Xinpossible. I do need encouragement. This name check is driving me crazy. Have you done anything to push your name check? Or you just were so patient to wait until the end? May you post your I-485 details? Really appreciate your help.

I kind of guess name check is done alphabatically. I just guess. My last name started with "Z'.
What do you guys think?

goal32 said:
I kind of guess name check is done alphabatically. I just guess. My last name started with "Z'.
What do you guys think?

I doubt it. Mine starts with an 'A' and I am still waiting! :)

Xie said:
Thanks a lot. Xinpossible. I do need encouragement. This name check is driving me crazy. Have you done anything to push your name check? Or you just were so patient to wait until the end? May you post your I-485 details? Really appreciate your help.

Xie,

You can not push the namecheck process in any way. But you could track it
to have some peace of mind. As I said earlier, if the only remaining obstacle on the way to your final GC is namecheck, you should call FBI in about 5 or 6 months after the interview to see if your name is cleared. FBI answers back in about a week after you phone inquiry them. The service is really good.

Mine was one of the most complicated I485 cases so far. But I made it anyway. So if I could make it, so could you.

Rcvd Date: late Sept.,2001
Ist. FP: April,2002
Rfed: Dec.2002
Case transferred to local office: do not when.(case status never changed)
2nd. FP: Sept 11.2003
Interviewed: Sept.20,2003(AC 21)
Name checks done: April 1,2004
Derivative(husband) approved first:March 17,2004
Main applicant(me) and my kid approved:April 13,2004
Card Rcvd:May 7,2004 :( :mad: :)

(Note: I deserve to use all sorts of faces to reflect my whole process, right?
Xinpossible

Xinpossible said:
Xie,

You can not push the namecheck process in any way. But you could track it
to have some peace of mind. As I said earlier, if the only remaining obstacle on the way to your final GC is namecheck, you should call FBI in about 5 or 6 months after the interview to see if your name is cleared. FBI answers back in about a week after you phone inquiry them. The service is really good.

Mine was one of the most complicated I485 cases so far. But I made it anyway. So if I could make it, so could you.

Rcvd Date: late Sept.,2001
Ist. FP: April,2002
Rfed: Dec.2002
Case transferred to local office: do not when.(case status never changed)
2nd. FP: Sept 11.2003
Interviewed: Sept.20,2003(AC 21)
Name checks done: April 1,2004
Derivative(husband) approved first:March 17,2004
Main applicant(me) and my kid approved:April 13,2004
Card Rcvd:May 7,2004 :( :mad: :)

(Note: I deserve to use all sorts of faces to reflect my whole process, right?
Xinpossible

Thanks a lot, Xinpossible.
I was told by local office that my spouse's name check was done, but mine is haning in FBI. They sent a second inquiry to FBI too, but no responses. I also called FBI a month ago and no replies. We are not as lucky as you. They don't approve spouse's GC unless mine is done.
Just got to know that my mom is in hospital, and I really want to go back to be with her at this moment. However, no GC, how can I leave? It's said travelling with AP is not safe. I am in deep pain and sorrow.

How come somebody in this forum got FBI's call back that FBI pulled his case out from the big piles and ran his name check next day? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Xie,

I had the same situation as you have now and I am also from China. ( from your last name I assume you are from China too).
I went to China couple of times with AP. I don't think there should be any problem. Also legally AP serves the purpose of granting you coming back to this country.
Where are you located? I came in from Chicago last time. The officer just read my AP and asked why I had AP and I told him "I have pending 485 case" He did not ask further questions. But the first time I came in from SF. I was brought into a seperate office and waited for 30 mins and was asked lot of questions. So you may try to avaoid SF. This is also because lot more people came in from there that from Chicago so you will wait lot longer for everything.
Wish your mother get well soon. :) If you want further details you can send me a PM.

As always this is not a legal advise and you might need to consult your attorney or UCBCIS,

Hi

I have a question for your guys:
After interview, does anyone have to go through the Name Checking Process? Regardless of the contry your from?
My case has transferred to the Local INS -Milwaukee 2 days ago, we don't know how to schedule an interview? and how long it take?
I am from China too.. By the way, can I get the FBI Name Check phone # please
Thanks

It's mandotory for all I-485 and naturalization applications regardless which country

you originally came from.

Some people were lucky and got their names cleared before interviews. So they didn't feel the pain. But it doesn't say they were not required.
You can't schedule an interview yourself. It must be done by local office. FBI name check # 202-324-2399 (phone), 202-324-3367 (fax).

Thanks

I just have my Second FP done 4 months ago, Does it means I may be avoid the Name Check after interview?
We have the same last name.. :rolleyes:

name check?

We had our interview in San Jose office in Feb 04. Haven't heard anything since then. Is name check for criminal records? I thought we did that with the fingerprint process?

Seems like some people don't need to go through name check, they got approved and stamped right at the interview.

Our I485 case was submitted in July 2001.... Almost three years now. :confused: