Name check tracking

Urget Regd Name Check

I got call from FBI regarding name check, the lady took my email address and she told me that by Monday or Tuesday I would get result to my email address. One more thing she told to tell my friends who ever send fax to FBI for name check they have include email address or fax number because they said it will take time to call personal . So I request you guys to include email address or fax back number

All the best

Thanks
Shashi

Finger print review Vs name check.

Hi,
Can anybody pls explain what is the difference between finger print review and name check? And at what stage does the name check occur?

Thanks.

Sam.

One is to run your finger print against database, the other is run the name, even at your home country. So if you have a very commone name, you may have a hit which can cause some delay. The fingerprint is of ciurse unique. It is somewhat obvious, but I have no idea why they can't be done together. They also run multiple checks at the beginning and the middle and the end of your approval.

sam_sl said:
Hi,
Can anybody pls explain what is the difference between finger print review and name check? And at what stage does the name check occur?

Thanks.

Sam.

It is crystal clear that the delay with name check is not with FBI which claims in a testimony before the Congress that probably 95 % name checks are done in 3 to 4 months. The delay might be caused by BCIS. Two questions need to be answered :

1) When does BCIS send name check to FBI ? Before , on, or after your date of interview with local BCIS office? If it does not order the Chinese food, no Chinese food will be delivered.

DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE INTERVIEW OFFICER's SAYING "YOUR CASE IS ALL FINE EXCEPT PENDING NAME CHECK" MEANS THAT BCIS HAS PUT THE NAME CHECK WITH FBI INTO ORDER.

For our cases, we were interviewed on April 14, 2003. In September 2003, the local BCIS office where we were interviewed revealed two dates to me:
One is called PROCESSING DATE marked 3/9/2003 which I think is the time the office picked up our files and scheduled our interview date. The second date is called LOADED DATE marked 9/23/2003, which I believe is the date our name checks were loaded and ordered.

2) How soon will BCIS resume processing after FBI electronically delivers your name check result to it?

For our cases, FBI responded by email to my fax inquiry stating FBI did a name check search for my wife's case on 11/5/2003 and forwarded the result to BCIS. But the BCIS local office just let my wife's file sleep for another 4 months until 3/4/04 when we visited the office again and BCIS confirmed the exactly the same date of name check clearance as the FBI's date.( They do not know it is FBI name check, their computer just showed " no record" dated "11/5/03". Two officers in I-485 units curiously looked at my FBI email and appeared to be embrassed because they said it is not FBI who do the name check, rather, they mentioned CIA, State Department and even BCIS who do the name check.") Our interview officer told us that once he receives the name check clearance result, he would send out approval notice to our home. Even though my wife's passport was stamped on 3/4/04, we still have not received any approval letters as of today. For my own name check , FBI informed me by email that my name check result was forwarded to BCIS on 3/9/2004, but I have not received any notification from the local BCIS office as of today. Despite the name check clearance, the BCIS still lies to me by giving me a receipt on 5/10/04 stating "......This service is waiting for clearance ...........".

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody tell me what is name check

Can somebody tell me what is name check? What stage Name check will be done. I have filed I-140 and I-485 recently
Thanks

thota

hidden_dragon just explained what name check is. I want to rephrase the question to those who inquired about name check from FBI. How did you know your case was in the name_check phase? Based on what you sent out your inquiry?

Thanks

Does the USCIS do Name check every time FP is doen. FBI informed me that my name check was cleared and sent back to the then INS in Dec 2002. But I got 2nd FP in April 2004.

----------------------
I485 RD/ND : July 2002
FP #1 : Sep 2002
FP #2 : April 2004

Just to add some factual information: I contaced FBI by fax, and got a reply today. Name check was done in July 2003. 485 RD is Nov 2002. RFEed recently. I don't see any connection between name check and other process.
FP is handled by a different dept in FBI, which you can call and find out your FP status in about 3 minutes. The lady I talked to actually waited patiently for me to pull out my A#. I just wish FBI and USCIS can swap their duties and then we all will be fine :)

hidden_dragon!!!!

In how many days did u get the reply from FBI ? Did they call you or emailed you ?Thanks.

its been 7 weeks since I left my voice mail.
4 weeks since I left my 2nd voice mail
2 weeks since I sent a Fax inquiry (did not mention my email address)
today I faxed again mentioning 2nd fax inquiry as I did not include email address earlier. sucks....

got an email from FBI today and it indicates that my "record check was completed in Aug. 2003.

did call FBI in April and no reply. Then sent fax inquriy in early June and
it took them about a month to reply.

fbi name check

friends
I was being contacted by FBI Name check dept on Thursday (July8th) and she informed not only me but also my employer that my "name check" process has been completed. Even though I have no arrest or any minor crimial record in my whole life it took 3(1/2) months for them to clear me. But now after she informed me this and passed me the state dept hot line no, I contacted them and they told me they have not recieved any clearance.

She informed on Thursday and asked me and my employer to expect to hear anything by Monday. I called thursday, then friday and then just now and they havenot receved any clearance yet. I tried to contact Diane in FBI and her phone is going to voice message. I am so confused whats going on. If FBI has done my name check then y state dept havenot recieved any clearnce for me? If u have any idea I would appreciate if u can please help me coz i m stucked in Canada-Ottawa and after hearing this great news i am still in limbo.

Thanks!

Hi,

What is the state dept hot line no ? I contacted FBI last month and got
reply from them say that my case was already cleared. But no approval yet.
Could you please tell me what the Hot line# is ?

I-485 Aug 2001 ND