Name check stuckers, let us meet here

zli1014

Registered Users (C)
My name check has been stuck in FBI for more than two years, any body else have the similiar situation? ANy suggestions? My I-485 was filed in Nov of 2002.

Thanks

Hi zli1014,

How do you know your name check was stuck at FBI? Have you gotten back from FBI for your enquiry about name check? If so when did you request them? I am 2 months ahead of you.. Sep -02. I haven't heard for my enquiry more than a month back.

Thanks.

I feel that something must be done about this name check delay issue.

We can start off by contacting senators and/or congressmen.

My take on this is that we should be clever in how we bring this issue to the senators/comgressmens attention. If we simply say our cases are getting delayed due to this, they may not put it as a high priority item. But if we also tell them that this could be a security risk issue for the US, because if name check is not done immidiatly, the wrong persons can claim immigration benefits like EAD/AP and can continue to stay in the US, thus compromising security, they will listen. We can add, It is imperitive that these people be weeded out right at the start and therefore it is important that name check be coordinated much closely and it must be ensured that it is done as quickly as possible.

After all, which politician doesnot like being viewed as being geniunly worried, and taking action in the interest of national security ? We can make this issue into something they will like to treat as highest priority !!

This will ensure that the correct people don't have to wait forever, while the ones that are 'not so correct' are weeded out right at the beginning.

How does anyone know that their processing is stuck at the name check?
Thx in advance for the reply if any.

I agree, but how?

Thanks for your excellent idea and I totally agree with it. It seems ridicous to tak more than two years for a name check. But how can we give our voice? Should hire a lawyer to file law suit?

Thanks again.

sertra2002 said:
I feel that something must be done about this name check delay issue.

We can start off by contacting senators and/or congressmen.

My take on this is that we should be clever in how we bring this issue to the senators/comgressmens attention. If we simply say our cases are getting delayed due to this, they may not put it as a high priority item. But if we also tell them that this could be a security risk issue for the US, because if name check is not done immidiatly, the wrong persons can claim immigration benefits like EAD/AP and can continue to stay in the US, thus compromising security, they will listen. We can add, It is imperitive that these people be weeded out right at the start and therefore it is important that name check be coordinated much closely and it must be ensured that it is done as quickly as possible.

After all, which politician doesnot like being viewed as being geniunly worried, and taking action in the interest of national security ? We can make this issue into something they will like to treat as highest priority !!

This will ensure that the correct people don't have to wait forever, while the ones that are 'not so correct' are weeded out right at the beginning.

zli1014 said:
Thanks for your excellent idea and I totally agree with it. It seems ridicous to tak more than two years for a name check. But how can we give our voice? Should hire a lawyer to file law suit?

Thanks again.

We can start off by contacting senators and/or congressmen. Send them faxes, emails, snail mail, phone, whatever means you can think of contacting them, and make them aware of this 'Name Check' issue.

Already people are contacting them for their personal cases, and if their name check is pending they should also mention about the security threat angle, rather than just saying 'My name check is pending for such and such time'. This way they will realize this has to be given a more serious thought.

Does anybody know when USCIS send FBI the request for name check? Like after FP or at the beginning when they received our I 485 applications. I did my third FP in last Nov but so far as I learned from my senator and congressman, my case is still stuck in name check. My I 485 RD was June 2002, almost 3 years. :(

What is name check procedure? How can someone stuck at that stage without any reasonable explanation from INS?

My name check got done eventually (after 2 years)

Hi,

I am a Nov 2001 filer -- still waiting for approval! However, my name
check seems to have eventually been processed about two weeks
ago. Here are the dates according to FBI e-mail:

CIS sent request to FBI: Jan 11, 2003.
FBI sent reply to CIS: Jan 6, 2005.

Other details for those interested:
EB2-NIW; special reg. country; RFE in June 2003.
so far, 3 FPs, 4 EADs, 3 APs !!!

Waitneb,

When did you get the FP done or reply RFE etc? Understand that CS ordered the name check in Jan. 2003 for your case, so it took 2 years. I try to think there is a relation between requesting namecheck and receiving FP or anything it could be...?

I don't think there is a sequencial order/relations between thre refs and name check. Some people might get refs very soon after filing their application because of some inconsistency in the files or lack of supporting evidence (like edu. ref).

And people who said their name check was stuck for two years, they need to find out first if it's name check from FBI or IBIS from inside of USCIS. Like I said before my attorney said two of his clients were stuck with IBIS for long time and still no sight of ending except maybe lawsuits.

And I think we need to find out how long and how many people were stuck on name check and how many were stuck on IBIS, if it's wide spread issue, then the petition through the immigrationportal might be more useful, though we haven't heard anything from the I-140 petition, I posted a message for Edison about that, haven't heard from him yet.

Same Boat

Hi Guys,

I'm in same boat. I filled for 485 in January 2002 and now it is three years. I contatced senators (TWO) and they both told me that my case is under security clearance name check. So far 4 EADS, 3 APS and no approvals.

I did contact FBI back in Sept'04 and i got email back within 15 days and they said FBI sent our files back in January 2003.

A week ago i went to LOCAL office for more inquire (after taking infopass) and officer said your case is with FBI and we have to wait till FBI sends your papers to USCIS.

Now, FBI email me that they already sent it to USCIS in January 2003 and USCIS is saying they're waiting from FBI.

So again few days ago i contacted senator and also sent email to FBI. Let's see what happens.

Piyushind

Yes, we need to do a united petition to let them hear our voices. Now I see more people are in the same boat. Is there anyway we can do a sigature collection and send it to the congress and senate.

Maybe we can contact the "Problem Solver" in FOX2 News and bring this issue to public attention :(