Name Check Response from FBI

Mr.Forever485

Registered Users (C)
We are waiting for 3 years for our I-485. We did FOIP, sent letters to FBI, Service Center. Finally we got a response, but not sure how hopefull we can be. Anyway, here it is:

-------------
I am responding to your facsimile inquiry, concerning
the name check status of XXXX for immigration purposes.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) Name Check Program
database concerning XXXX revealed that two requests were received from
the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) January 4,
2003, and February 26, 2004, respectively. Both of these submissions were
processed and finalized today, February 28, 2006. The results were
forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.
------------------

ND/RD = Dec 2002, EB2

I submitted similar post mistakenly in another thread.

Gurus, please help. Can I be hopefull? Is it beginning of another dramma?

It looks like your name check is complete.
I am no guru but I think Congratulations are in order. So if all is good in your case ie no interviews or any other RFE and your PD is current you should get your approvals soon.

Mr.Forever485 said:
We are waiting for 3 years for our I-485. We did FOIP, sent letters to FBI, Service Center. Finally we got a response, but not sure how hopefull we can be. Anyway, here it is:

-------------

------------------

ND/RD = Dec 2002, EB2

Did you fax the FOIP form or sent it via mail? If you have faxed it, please let us know the fax number, how to get the form, and what should I write in the form. Also, how long it took to you get the FBI respond to you?

Thanks.

Mr.Forever485 said:

-------------

------------------

ND/RD = Dec 2002, EB2

Dear Forever485:

Can you give me the fax number which you fax to FBI? I want to fax them, too.

I sent letter. Not fax. FBI responded to inquiry from my congressman. Perhaps all the letters I sent, were useless.

Mr.Forever485 said:
I sent letter. Not fax. FBI responded to inquiry from my congressman. Perhaps all the letters I sent, were useless.

How long did it take to get FBI response back to your congressman ? Thanks.

dear jhawilla,

I have FP only twice.
Today USCIS has moved my case to NEWARK,NJ for interview. Here is summary of cujrrent online status:

we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Gurus, please help. Is it something we can be hopefull? Do they reject during interview?

Mr.Forever485: After the interview they can put you ON HOLD for any reason ( arrest or if went in front of the judge). That hapened with friend of mine `cause he didn`t pay the child support and his ex wife sand him to court. His interview was back in NOV04.

My wife had interview in Feburary 2005. Her I-485 now is pending in Name Check process. After reading all of your posts. I sent an email to FBI yesterday. No response from FBI till now.

Mchl said:
My wife had interview in Feburary 2005. Her I-485 now is pending in Name Check process. After reading all of your posts. I sent an email to FBI yesterday. No response from FBI till now.

GOOOD.....!!!
I sent an email to FBI too in March and I have not recd a reply too.
OH BY THE WAY, I sent the EMAIL in MARCH of 2005....so dont fret !!!!
you are in the que :)

Response Recieved from FBINameCheck Office

Hi Guys:

Below is the response i received from FBINameCheck Office, what i should asume of this are we cleared by them?????
============================================

Dear XXXX:

I am responding to your email dated December 22, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your spouse, XXXX XXX.

The FBI completed a name check for XXXX on XXXX, 2004, and for you on
XXXX, 2004. The results were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and
Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Al_aos said:
GOOOD.....!!!
I sent an email to FBI too in March and I have not recd a reply too.
OH BY THE WAY, I sent the EMAIL in MARCH of 2005....so dont fret !!!!
you are in the que :)

Folks:
FBI stopped respond to e-mails and faxes. I sent one in Sept or Oct 2004 (do not remember but you can look in my former posts), and received response from them in end of Jan 2005.
Now, you can ask your local senator/congressman to enquire FBI on your case status and FBI will reply to congressman and then congressman will let you know, all will take several weeks at least.
Alternatively you can go to your local office if your case is there, and ask, if the officer will be nice he/she will answer your question, sometimes they even give a letter on pending name check...see again my former posts for more info.

I made an infopass appointment today @ 7:15 am in local uscis office. After a couple minutes searching in her computer, the officer told me my wife's I-485 is stilling pending. She said there maybe some mistakes. Because she saw 3 name check requests sent in. I asked her what date? She didn't want to tell. I told her my wife should have the right to know that. She said all 3 name checks were sent in 2004. I asked her if they can expedite FBI for the name check. She said they don't expedite. Then she called the security to adjourn the conversation.

Just send a letter to the congressman. I wish they could be helpful in assisting my wife's case.

As an american citizen, I feel upset for some people who work in our government being rude. Those people who represent us working in the government are paid in our tax payers' money. They have responsibility to provide good service to their clients. I know some big corporations have mistery shopper program to help them evaluate customer service. A greeting words or an ignorance of customer are all graded. People who are in the administrative positions should realize such problems and find ways to improve their service. Just some comments after talking with a local USCIS officer. It also reminds me some past experiences with governmental agencies.

mr forever,
did ur i-485 finally get approved....my senator also mentioned the same....forwarded to uscis crap...blah blah.....its been 3 weeks since then...today i called again and he said they're carrying on further uscis checks.....god knows what......contacted uscis DO as well and they dont have an update on it yet....any idea or update on how long would it take for the uscis do folks to update my case from here on...

Thanks
Falcyon