Name Check Response from FBI

Interview at NEWARK INS

We have interview at NEWARK INS office. We just got letters from Newark office. They have asked for passport,current employment letter, and medical.

We sent medical records when we originally applied I-485. How long is medical valid? I am not sure if they never got the original medical or perhaps they got it, but has expired now. Gurus, plz help.

compass said:
Folks:
FBI stopped respond to e-mails and faxes. I sent one in Sept or Oct 2004 (do not remember but you can look in my former posts), and received response from them in end of Jan 2005.
Now, you can ask your local nator/congressman to enquire FBI on your case status and FBI will reply to congressman and then congressman will let you know, all will take several weeks at least.
Alternatively you can go to your local office if your case is there, and ask, if the officer will be nice he/she went k ill answer your question, sometimes they even give a letter on pending name check...see again my former posts for more info.

magic_mail said:
Hi Guys:

Below is the response i received from FBINameCheck Office, what i should asume of this are we cleared by them?????
============================================

Dear XXXX:

I am responding to your email dated December 22, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your spouse, XXXX XXX.

The FBI completed a name check for XXXX on XXXX, 2004, and for you on
XXXX, 2004. The results were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and
Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Can you please share email address or mailing address where you sent you name check inquiry to FBI. My name check is also pending.

Is there anyone has sample letter that he/she sent to local congressman/senator about his/her case. I want to do it too. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

IJ

How to check name check data base... My case is pending since 2001 dec.
Please help. I knew clearly my case is stuck with name check. I was frestated in 2003 it self. So didn't much focused on finding the ways to get the name check until now. Some of my frieds told me now we can check the status if we go through some procedure... Please drive me to find the name check and how to contact them...

Thanks

How to check name check data base... My case is pending since 2001 dec.
Please help. I knew clearly my case is stuck with name check. I was frestated in 2003 it self. So didn't much focused on finding the ways to get the name check until now. Some of my frieds told me now we can check the status if we go through some procedure... Please drive me to find the name check and how to contact them...

Thanks

There is no way to check other than infopass or senatorial inquiry. Obviously something wrong happened with your case. Go in person to your senator's local office and ask for help. They will poke around and find out if the fault lies with CIS or with FBI. Either way, after such a long time the senator's staff are sure to be sympathetic and offer assistance.

Thanks for the advise. What are the documents they might need from me before i go and talk to them?

Well... when I went to them I took a typed letter explaining everything. I also gave the senator's staff a copy of a written reply from CIS to a telephone inquiry I had placed with them. I also attached a copy of the receipt notice for my 485. Here's what the letter said, obviously you need to change it to suit your situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Senator Leonardo DiCaprio:

I would like to request the help of your staff in making the United States Citizenship Services (USCIS) comply with their own published processing times. I filed an application for adjustment of status (I-485) on xx/xx/xxxx, which should have been processed by xx/xx/xxxx. The application is based on a previous I-140 petition in which I showed (and USCIS agreed) that my research was in the National Interest.

When the case was 60 days beyond processing time, I placed an inquiry with the USCIS National Customer Service Center. They replied in writing simply asking to give them six more months before contacting them again. My receipt number for the I-485 is SRCXXXXXXX and my alien number is AXXXXXXX. Please find enclosed a copy of the receipt notice for the I-485 and a copy of their reply to my telephone inquiry.

I would appreciate any help I can receive from your office regarding this matter. If you wish to contact me via email, please do so at XXXXXXXXX@XXXX.XXX, or by phone at (XXX)XXX-XXXX.

Thanks, and best regards

MY SIGNATURE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, basically send them stuff to prove you've done your best like copies of their replies to inquiries, etc.

I made an infopass appointment today @ 7:15 am in local uscis office. After a couple minutes searching in her computer, the officer told me my wife's I-485 is stilling pending. She said there maybe some mistakes. Because she saw 3 name check requests sent in. I asked her what date? She didn't want to tell. I told her my wife should have the right to know that. She said all 3 name checks were sent in 2004. I asked her if they can expedite FBI for the name check. She said they don't expedite. Then she called the security to adjourn the conversation.
Sorry to hear that, they charge lot of money (ever increasing fees with every time an EMPTY promise by a top most USCIS officer for better service like this one http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6185bf4c32b50110VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6185bf4c32b50110VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD) to process our cases and we have to pay that in a hope that our cases would get the required attention, but actually what they do is to put our applications and petitions deep inside their FAT asses so that no one can even dare to touch them, unless a letter for Laura Bushe's office or a senator or congressman's office is used plumbers hose to open their clogged behinds and then they poop the luck ones out with a GC. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: READ the attached BULLSHIT (pdf document).

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an infopass appointment today @ 7:15 am in local uscis office. After a couple minutes searching in her computer, the officer told me my wife's I-485 is stilling pending. She said there maybe some mistakes. Because she saw 3 name check requests sent in. I asked her what date? She didn't want to tell. I told her my wife should have the right to know that. She said all 3 name checks were sent in 2004. I asked her if they can expedite FBI for the name check. She said they don't expedite. Then she called the security to adjourn the conversation.

The ombudsman visited my university some time ago and told us that the FBI conducted 30 million name check for immigration (I do not remember this number during last year or for what time interval) while the number of whole applicants are 2 million only. He comment that this means 15 name check per person and one of them may be cleared and the other may stuck for years.
you may have more than 10 request for name check unrelated to each others.

typical govt issue

if what you said is true then it is so much inefficient.

first of all...why to conduct 10 name checks for single person.. it is same person! what are they going to get by repeating Sun is SUN 10 times.

secondly, they do trust their own name check results and that is why they need to check 9 more times.

lastly, if some one's ONE result come POSITIVE then either other checks were wrong or current result is wrong. point here is NAME CHECK is not fool proof.

and if all this done for few dollars 485 processing fees.. that will explain why they get overburden and less resources. it is typical govt. job. (it does not make any difference 3rd word country or world leader country)

The ombudsman visited my university some time ago and told us that the FBI conducted 30 million name check for immigration (I do not remember this number during last year or for what time interval) while the number of whole applicants are 2 million only. He comment that this means 15 name check per person and one of them may be cleared and the other may stuck for years.
you may have more than 10 request for name check unrelated to each others.

We are waiting for 3 years for our I-485. We did FOIP, sent letters to FBI, Service Center. Finally we got a response, but not sure how hopefull we can be. Anyway, here it is:

-------------
I am responding to your facsimile inquiry, concerning
the name check status of XXXX for immigration purposes.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) Name Check Program
database concerning XXXX revealed that two requests were received from
the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) January 4,
2003, and February 26, 2004, respectively. Both of these submissions were
processed and finalized today, February 28, 2006. The results were
forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.
------------------

ND/RD = Dec 2002, EB2

I submitted similar post mistakenly in another thread.

Gurus, please help. Can I be hopefull? Is it beginning of another dramma?
HI;
I was just following your posts. I just received the letter from FBI indicated that they have cleared mine last month. I see no LUD's in my case online as of yet. Could you pls. let me know how long did it take for you to get the approval after FBI name check clearance?

Thanks.

Raj

I suggest you send the DHS FORM 7001 to USCIS ombudsman.

I think this was the one which helped me.