Name check pending since October

Finding out when FBI has started the namecheck

There has been several discussion on about the namecheck and how to find out the status (Rahul's posting) but I do not believe I have read anywhere how one finds out when FBI started a name check for one's case. Unless one has that information, one does not know how long FBI have been sitting on the case.

How did you guys find that out?

Thanks
Mahesh

I also haven't seen anyone writing what will happen next after a name check is completed. Another interview? Just the Oath? Any frame?

Let me know, guys, what happened if you went through this.

This waiting is AWFUL!!

OMG! My test was 5/17/05, and I am still waiting for name check. Called FBI this past week, and one lady that I spoke with said they had suspended all name checks because of a "special project" that had 2.1 million names to check. Now, I don't know if we are part of this Special Project, but man, I'm going nuts. I'm trying a Congresswoman who sits on the Immigration Committee and is probably a bit more powerful than the last Congressman I tried. And I know these two people PERSONALLY. I work in a government office, and these are my buds. Don't know what to tell you friend, but we're all in limbo together and I feel for you!

San Jose/Canadian

Kanuck said:
OMG! My test was 5/17/05, and I am still waiting for name check. Called FBI this past week, and one lady that I spoke with said they had suspended all name checks because of a "special project" that had 2.1 million names to check. Now, I don't know if we are part of this Special Project, but man, I'm going nuts. I'm trying a Congresswoman who sits on the Immigration Committee and is probably a bit more powerful than the last Congressman I tried. And I know these two people PERSONALLY. I work in a government office, and these are my buds. Don't know what to tell you friend, but we're all in limbo together and I feel for you!

San Jose/Canadian

They suspended all name checks to clear out the backlog of 2.1 million name cheks? Great! The question is though... wouldn't they create another backlog by the time they are done with 2.1 million pending name checks?

Also, I read in one of the threads on this web site that they have only 9 people working on this. At this rate, each person will have to check 233,333 names. At 20 names per day, it will take one employee 11,666 days or around 32 years to clear his/her. I once joked that I will start collecting Social Security before my name check is completed and I'm in my late 20s but it looks more and more like the reality.

K

Kanuck,

What's the FBI number of name check process ? Is it still 202-324-4935 (voice) and 202-324-3367 (fax) ?

FBI Suspending name checks - Incorrect

I actually spoke with someone at the FBI office (Hardy's office) and specifically called about the name check status. What I was told is that they have stopped sending statuses (There were several hundred thousand people requesting individual status). They have diverted people to actually work on the name checks rather than send status. They have *NOT* stopped doing name checks and she says that will never happen. They are putting all resources against actually workin the cases than send status back to individual requests. She said that 95+% of the name checks are sent back within a week. The other unlucky 5% have manual intervention where they need a human to follow up and find details.

Hope that helps
-- Gaude

gaude88 said:
I actually spoke with someone at the FBI office (Hardy's office) and specifically called about the name check status. What I was told is that they have stopped sending statuses (There were several hundred thousand people requesting individual status). They have diverted people to actually work on the name checks rather than send status. They have *NOT* stopped doing name checks and she says that will never happen. They are putting all resources against actually workin the cases than send status back to individual requests. She said that 95+% of the name checks are sent back within a week. The other unlucky 5% have manual intervention where they need a human to follow up and find details.

Hope that helps
-- Gaude

That's a good news, but there is one big flaw in this approach. Basically, what they are saying is that now there is no way whatsoever to check the status of your name check. There have been a number of cases posted on this forum stating that the name check was shown "pending" in the USCIS' database and the only way the person found out that the name check was finished was through an email from FBI. At least in this case you can raise hell with USCIS, urging them to check into it.

Now, apply this to the current situation when you don't get any updates at all from FBI. USCIS says that it's pending, FBI doesn't provide any information on your name check. And you are sitting there wondering if it's really pending or USCIS just screwed something up. And there is NO way to find something out. That's the worst case scenario you can have!

K

Inherent Logistics flaw

I think this is an inherent logistical management flaw (I am an ops guy...lol). When people are inundated with work, they tend to divert resources to the highest nail in the pile (tactical choice). You are correct that this causes longer term issues. Since people don't have statuses, they keep sending more and more requests to get status and the status pile gets higher and higher. The FBI has now stopped responding to email as well (per this woman).

Only two ways to fix this issue. One is automate and have access be available to the filer or to hire more resources. Automation ain't happening (National Security and single point of failure if someone hacked into the system). More hiring is not happening either (considering they diverted people seems to signify that they are budget constrained). Though something creative like asking people to pay like $1000 bucks for expedited name check might solve the resource issue, which some people will pay happily I suspect...

So, what do we do in the meantime? - Pray for balance in our lives, become more patient and read The "Wisdom of forgiveness" by the Dalai Lama....

-- Gaude

gaude88 said:

Hope that helps
-- Gaude

When you called, did you ask specifically about your case ? Were you given any updates ? Thanks.

No Details

I did specifically ask about my case. She said know and then I engaged her with friendly banter which I how I got this information, albeit with no specific details about my case.

-- Gaude

name check pending

Did you guys hear anything recent about name check status requests? I called FBI name check lines several times and sent few letters and e-mails for the last few months, but I have not heard anything. All I was told is that they are no longer responding to name check requests when I called.

Hi Guys..

I ve just came back from USCIS office. I made and Infopass appointment to ask why my case is taking longer to be approved than the average of the cases that are being processesing in my Local Office.

They told me that they cannot complete my case in the normal time due my Name check is still pending ( my fingerprints were cleared the same day that i submitted them).

Now its been 3 months since i did my biometrics/fingerprints.

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am from south america and have an uncommon german surname.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

k1_visa said:
Hi Guys..

I ve just came back from USCIS office. I made and Infopass appointment to ask why my case is taking longer to be approved than the average of the cases that are being processesing in my Local Office.

They told me that they cannot complete my case in the normal time due my Name check is still pending ( my fingerprints were cleared the same day that i submitted them).

Now its been 3 months since i did my biometrics/fingerprints.

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am from south america and have an uncommon german surname.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

When the Name Check is not done within 120 days like 95% of the NC then is a good chance that the "average time" to be between 120 days and...several years!
Nobody can predict it, here are people waiting for 2 years or more...

Times Are Changing!

Rahul Kumar said:
It will be slow, EXPENSIVE, unclear outcome. unlike pers injury lawsuits u cant collect $$$$ so u have to pay from ur pocket

This is what people were talking in 2004 about suing CIS...the general opinion is different today ;)

name check

my name check is also pending from August,2002.till now i not get any response.what can i do now.please suggest.