Name check pending since October

fitness99 said:
IBM101 - Just a recommendation....why don't you write a letter to the CIS officer that interviewed you (name should be on the Interview Results sheet given to you after the interview). Try and explain your situation, and see if you get a response. Best Regards.

Thats what I was told by the USCIS official in New York. The responding officer also said that only interviewing officer has your file and he/she will clear it when it is ready. So the best bet is to write to the interviewing officer politely and explain the hardships (may be).

ibm101, I think I can compete with you

PD: April 2002
FP: Sept 2002 (twice)
Interview: July 2003
After waiting, writing letters, etc etc, had to do another FP in early May 2004. Was told that I would get the oath in a few weeks. Still no response.

If I don't hear from them then I too will seek legal action. This is ridiculous. :mad:

So guys, I already heard several times about lawsuits. Anybody knows how long it would take? at what cost? and most importantly what's the outcome? I am not there yet, but one has to investigate every possible avenue.
rick1

It will be slow, EXPENSIVE, unclear outcome. unlike pers injury lawsuits u cant collect $$$$ so u have to pay from ur pocket

rick1 said:
So guys, I already heard several times about lawsuits. Anybody knows how long it would take? at what cost? and most importantly what's the outcome? I am not there yet, but one has to investigate every possible avenue.
rick1

I won't recomend lawsuit. It is a waist of more time and further delay in the processing.

hm11 said:
Thats what I was told by the USCIS official in New York. The responding officer also said that only interviewing officer has your file and he/she will clear it when it is ready. So the best bet is to write to the interviewing officer politely and explain the hardships (may be).

Well as regards the Interviewing officer she had mentioned that she did not have the file...I do not know why she took the interview....Its bizzare..

Anyways! I have a good lawyer in the Bay area, who also did my H1 and GC and is familiar with my case history has said he will help me. He is charging $1000-2000 and I can tell u is really honest.

Lets see... Keeping fingers crossed...
International adoption is another pain in the neck and besides if u cross 42 years of age you cannot adopt an infant... another law..so I need to get citizenship ASAP...

ibm101

I would recommend calling the office of a senator or congressman and scheduling an appointment. I would also hire that lawyer you mentioned. You are going to spend thousands of dollars on adoption, whats a little more? I also agree with Rahul. You have enough grounds for a lawsuit.

Also, I think you are ok for age to adopt an infant from India. The CARA website says "Infants preferably up to 12 months can be placed with adoptive parents whose composite age is 85 years and where neither parent has crossed 45 years".

All the very best to you.

moxie said:
ibm101

I would recommend calling the office of a senator or congressman and scheduling an appointment. I would also hire that lawyer you mentioned. You are going to spend thousands of dollars on adoption, whats a little more? I also agree with Rahul. You have enough grounds for a lawsuit.

Also, I think you are ok for age to adopt an infant from India. The CARA website says "Infants preferably up to 12 months can be placed with adoptive parents whose composite age is 85 years and where neither parent has crossed 45 years".

All the very best to you.

Thanks MOxie: I have already paid my lawyers fee yesterday and have discussed my case. He is good attorney and thinks that since I have a muslim name they are holding my file thinking i belong to a terrorist gang.....isn't it ironical that FBI has completed a record check...and besides they have already interviewed me....

Another point is that if I am a terrorist I would never want a citizenship rt?? But who will make these brainless creatures understand this.

As regards adoption CARA is good but if u r an Indian they say u arrange for a child urself coz' if CARA arranges it costs $ 25000 and if u are an indian it will be much cheaper. Infact I already arranged for a child last October 2003 thinking my citizenship is not that far away but now I am not sure when will it come.

Anyways! will keep my fingers crossed :(

Waiting for oath letter (N-400)

Hi Guys,

I was interviewed on August 26, 2003 and was recommended for approval of the application. So I have been waiting for 10 months to get the oath letter. Finally I visited Philadelphia office (1600 Callowhill) and found out after waiting in the line for 4 hours that they are waiting for one clearance, viz. background check (the fingerprinting check is clear). The lady at the counter asked me to fill up an inquiry form and was not willing to divulge any more details. After browsing this forum, I realized that this background check is same as the name check. Is that correct? Does anyone knows who does this check and what I can do to expedite this process? One of the response said that FBI could be contacted and inquired about this clearance. It seems that many people are waiting for this name check, so can someone post the number (phone/fax) so that we could get some answers?
Thanks,
Raj

My timeline is as follows:
PD: 11/4/02
FD: 1/31/03
Interview: 8/26/03
Oath: still waiting

As for as I know, no body exactly knows about the check? What I gathered from the discussions/experiences that this is a name check only. People who have common names (mostly muslim) get delayed for oath.
I asked one immigartion officer recently and he said that keep inquiring the status. This way your file will stay active and the interviewing officer will check the status. He also said that we have citizenship cases pending since 2000.
Keep us posted with the latest. Good luck.

Hi Redkrr1,
FBI's National Name Check Program's phone number is 202-324-4935 and fax number is 202-324-3367. Hope this will help. Good luck.

Choyty

Hi redkarr1:

Any latest on name check and oath letter? Please keep us posted. Thanks and good luck.

Name check/Oath letter

hm11,

Thank you for your interest and support. I have not received any response from Philadelphia office so far on my inquiry application submitted on June 29th. I have recently faxed my information to FBI with a request to update me on the status of Name Check.........so it's a waiting game for now.

I have decide to wait for 2 weeks or so for any response from either of them and then will write a letter to the Interviewing Officer. Is there anything else I could do to expedite my case?

There is an FBI voiceline for name check requests where they say they will get back to you in 48 hrs . Faxed requests are backlogged 5 weeks now

Foipa

I sent in a FOIPA (Freedom of Info & Privacy Act) request to the FBI to release all files they had on me . They responded with a "no-matches" response. This proves that my name check delay is purely administrative and due to inefficiency!

Rahul,
This is very interesting. I thought your name check was also pending since october (like me). Did the FBI tell you when did they decide that there are no matches or when was the check completed? I appreciate your response. Do you know if they sent the response to the INS.
Thanks