Name Check cleared

irfnor76

Registered Users (C)
I called the customer service today to inquire about my name check situation. After the Vorpal Trick (Never got the receipt for application) I got through to a slow but very nice IO. He asked few question inlcuding my A # and told me that I am in que for interview. I asked him specifically about my name check and he told me Yes FBI sent the clearance to USCIS on March 18th. All the checks are cleared and I am in que. I should expect interview in a month or two. What do you think guys. Am I cleared of that name check fiasco or that was a usual USCIS crap?. What do you think Vorpal since you dealt with them recently?
---------------------------
VSC/NYC DO

N-400 Sent 11/19/2007
Finger Print 1/23/2007
Name check cleared 3/19/2008 :):(
Interview letter Waiting
Oath XXX

Why do you think you hadn't cleared name check? Is your case outside the typical processing for your local office? I would think positive, and that yes, everything is clear and you are in the queue for an interview :)

I called the customer service today to inquire about my name check situation. After the Vorpal Trick (Never got the receipt for application) I got through to a slow but very nice IO. He asked few question inlcuding my A # and told me that I am in que for interview. I asked him specifically about my name check and he told me Yes FBI sent the clearance to USCIS on March 18th. All the checks are cleared and I am in que. I should expect interview in a month or two. What do you think guys. Am I cleared of that name check fiasco or that was a usual USCIS crap?. What do you think Vorpal since you dealt with them recently?
---------------------------
VSC/NYC DO

N-400 Sent 11/19/2007
Finger Print 1/23/2007
Name check cleared 3/19/2008 :):(
Interview letter Waiting
Oath XXX

First things first, I got that trick from LolaLi, so credit must be given where it's due. :)

On to your question. While it certainly took them a while to clear your name check, if the IO told you that it's been cleared and you're placed in queue for interview, most likely it's true. Just to be on the safe side, call another couple of times and speak with different IOs. When it comes to name check clearance, the IOs don't really have much room to give you the wrong answer, unless they are completely incompetent. When the name check is cleared, it's displayed on their computer monitor when they access your case. In my opinion, the IO was correct and this particular piece of information is not the usual USCIS crap.

What IS the usual USCIS crap is that the IO told you to expect an IL in 1 to 2 months. That's a standard response that they give everyone. In fact, I was told that twice. If it's any consolation, September 2007 applicants from NYC have already received their ILs. I believe that yours is not too far behind.

Thanks Vorpal for your reply. You know what I am skeptical with everything USCIS say or do. I saw couple of people on the forum who where told by IO there name check was cleared and later they found that they still stuck in name check . Oh of course I know that 1-2 months for interview is a standard crap. I shall try to call again sometime next week. Hope for the best.

Thanks Vorpal for your reply. You know what I am skeptical with everything USCIS say or do. I saw couple of people on the forum who where told by IO there name check was cleared and later they found that they still stuck in name check . Oh of course I know that 1-2 months for interview is a standard crap. I shall try to call again sometime next week. Hope for the best.

I totally understand. Anything having to do with the USCIS is a crapshoot. Sometimes I still worry that my interview will be descheduled for some unknown reason. I'm probably being paranoid, but there's just no way of knowing for sure.

I think your name check has definitely cleared, though. If it makes you feel better, schedule an InfoPass. However, the IOs at the NCSC can tell you the same exact thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I still worry that my interview will be descheduled for some unknown reason. I'm probably being paranoid, but there's just no way of knowing for sure.

Vorpal,

I know what you feel. I was paranoid right upto when they handed me the Natz certificate. Only when I felt it in my hand and looked at it, then I was satisfied this process is over!

In my wife's case, she got IL, and it was one week before Interview date when they sent a letter asking for police clearances. I mean, she did her FP months and months and months back, and they wait one week before Interview date and send her this "delaying" letter.

So, no one can predict them.

I know what you feel. I was paranoid right upto when they handed me the Natz certificate. Only when I felt it in my hand and looked at it, then I was satisfied this process is over!

Thats EXACTLY how I feel. As long as the process is ongoing, I'll always think that the USCIS will somehow throw the proverbial stick in my spokes and delay my case. My case is very straightforward, but the USCIS has a tendency to make people jumpy. I've read a lot of post-interview reports where just about everyone states that we worry for no reason, but as you've said, natz applicants can't help being paranoid until that certificate is in their hands.

where did you call to get this information about name check? I called the USCIS and the customer service person told me that they don't have any information about my name check status. am I calling the wrong agency?
Thanks,

You have to call the general customer service at 1-800-375-5283 and after few menu get to Live rep. ask them you did not get your receipt for the case you filed. (Kind of lying but you know if you don't do that they will not transfer you to IO). After that you will be transferred to IO who will ask your case in the computer. Ask him/her specifically about your name check. Good Luck

I have to say something about this transferring thing. I called in about 10-12 times in the past year and I just ask them to transfer. They always do without any problems. I specifically tell them that my case is outside of the normal processing times and I want to be transfered to an immigration officer. No tricks.
On the side note, I've only spoken to one person over the phone at USCIS who spoke english natively, everyone else was from India,Asia...etc. I find it quite funny that they hire recent immigrants to deal with us immigrants...haha.!