Name change in naturalization

Would a post-naturalization name change require a new naturalization certificate? All these horror stories are pushing me to reconsider doing a judicial oath, so I'm wondering if the naturalization certificate would still be valid.

You do not need new nat cert after name change. (You can order one but it costs like 400$ and takes a year, based on what USCIS website says for replacement certificate.)

Your nat cert and name change order from court together gets you US passport with new name. Your passport is also the proof of US citizenship and once you have passport in correct name, you do not need nat cert anywhere. Anywhere you have to show citizenship proof, you can use passport.
If somebody asks for nat cert, take both nat cert and name change order and they both together satisfy the requirement.

Except last name change due to marriage, which can be done administratively.
Is this true?? So I don't have to wait for judicial oath then?
when you said administratively what is that mean?

In Atlants DO (and many others that do same day oath) Oath can be given by an officer. These are called administrative oath since these officers are not court judges. If you opt for name change, your ceremony will be infront of a district court judge who can give you oath as well as sign the name change court order. Same day oath officers do not have authority to sign name change order.

In Atlanta DO, nat cert is based on your birth certificate. So name as it appears in BC is used (no matter what Green card says) One change they allow is last name change for women if you present marriage certificate. With that certificate, administrative oath can be given with husband's last name. I dont' think it allows middle name change to husband's name as it happens in some states in India.
Hope that clears the matter. This is based on my experience. Things may be different for others (Though I doubt)

N400Atl,

Thank you for your clarification.

In Atlants DO (and many others that do same day oath) Oath can be given by an officer. These are called administrative oath since these officers are not court judges. If you opt for name change, your ceremony will be infront of a district court judge who can give you oath as well as sign the name change court order. Same day oath officers do not have authority to sign name change order.

In Atlanta DO, nat cert is based on your birth certificate. So name as it appears in BC is used (no matter what Green card says) One change they allow is last name change for women if you present marriage certificate. With that certificate, administrative oath can be given with husband's last name. I dont' think it allows middle name change to husband's name as it happens in some states in India.
Hope that clears the matter. This is based on my experience. Things may be different for others (Though I doubt)

You do not need new nat cert after name change. (You can order one but it costs like 400$ and takes a year, based on what USCIS website says for replacement certificate.)

Your nat cert and name change order from court together gets you US passport with new name. Your passport is also the proof of US citizenship and once you have passport in correct name, you do not need nat cert anywhere. Anywhere you have to show citizenship proof, you can use passport.
If somebody asks for nat cert, take both nat cert and name change order and they both together satisfy the requirement.

Thank you for the info. I'll try to find out what the situation with judicial oaths in NYC is. If it'll take several months to get one, I'll just withdraw the request.