N600 question help

smile1

Registered Users (C)
Hi again,

I was filling the N 600 form for my daughter and came across Part 3 question 6......"Have you previously applied for US citizenschip or US passport?". I applied for my daughter's US passport at the same time I applied for mine and now she has a US passport. I'm assuming I write YES....just wanted to double-check as it asks to "attach explanation" if I check YES. So in that case, I check YES and on a separate sheet of paper write how she got it and make photocopies of her US passport and attach them too. Am I correct?

Thanks for your help!

Hi again,

I was filling the N 600 form for my daughter and came across Part 3 question 6......"Have you previously applied for US citizenschip or US passport?". I applied for my daughter's US passport at the same time I applied for mine and now she has a US passport. I'm assuming I write YES....just wanted to double-check as it asks to "attach explanation" if I check YES. So in that case, I check YES and on a separate sheet of paper write how she got it and make photocopies of her US passport and attach them too. Am I correct?

Thanks for your help!

Yes.

N-600 While Overseas

After we become citizens, we have an overseas relocation. We will apply for my daughter's passports, but the N-600 was something we thought we could postpone. Should we apply for the N-600 at the local embassy? Or this something that must be done while in the US? Will my daughter require to be present at any time during the N-600 i.e interview?

Thanks

After we become citizens, we have an overseas relocation. We will apply for my daughter's passports, but the N-600 was something we thought we could postpone. Should we apply for the N-600 at the local embassy? Or this something that must be done while in the US? Will my daughter require to be present at any time during the N-600 i.e interview?

Thanks

The N-600 may ONLY be filed and completed inside the U.S. The child's age is a factor as to her required appearance for a Certificate but local procedures also come into play.