N400 Timelines South Carolina

sbali

Registered Users (C)
Do anybody or somebody you know has experience with N400 Timelines in South Carolina. The local office Charleston is showing processing dates of Dec 2003. That does not quite match with other people's comments that all over east coast it takes about 6 months for the whole process.
Please give your inputs.

Thanks
Sanjay

Sanjay,

I applied in November of 2004 and I am still waiting, I hate to say it but I think the times are accurate, I keep hoping that by some small miracle that I will not have to wait another year for an interview.

Zena

Thanks Zena. But why u had FP in Charlotte ? Should it be not in Greer or Charleston ? Did you apply from Charlotte initially ?

Thanks

Sanjay,

I was sent to Charlotte for the fingerprints because at that time Charleston was moving their office, I had hoped it meant at the time they would send me back there for the interview as they are moving faster, but no such luck.

Have you applied yet?

Zena

Zena,
Thanks for replying. No I have not applied yet. I still have about 6 months to apply. I am contemplatung moving my temporary residence to Charlotte (atleast on paper) Not sure how it will work out. Still to decide.

By the way do you know any of your friends who are in same boat ?

Sanjay

Sanjay,

I wish I did, there are so few people that seem to have applied in SC, I wish there were more or at least someone ahead of me so I could get a true time line. It's seems like since there are so few people on here from SC that you would think the process would be quick. Be careful of "just existing on paper" you would hate to do anything that would but your application at risk.

Zena

If Anybody else has any friend or somebody they know in SC going through N400 process, please update this thread.

Thanks in advance for help.

Check the thread "DO Processing dates"....It's about SC too....

Adina

My timeline: (SC/Upstate)
Sent to TSC on 05/01/06

PO 05/04/06
ND 06/02/06
FP 06/17/06

Interview????

South Carolina Timelines

I just had my interview in Greer. Now waiting for oath letter.

For most of the time I was waiting the USCIS website showed PD in 2004.

PD 12/30/05
FP 2/17/06 in Charlotte
ID 8/11/06

Oath ?? I will post when done.
I wish I had found this forum earlier, great support group.

K in SC.

Congratulations, KinSC!

This is great news. I hope that we will be in the same boat with you soon...

Regards,
Adina

Sent to TSC on 05/01/06

PO 05/04/06
ND 06/02/06
FP 06/17/06

Interview????

Adina,

Please let us know when you get your interview letter. It seems that SC is beginning to catch up. I wonder if your location within the state affects your timeline?

Well...I am not dreaming, it's going to be a while until the interview. When the time comes, I will probably have it in Greer, SC. The GC interview was in Greer too! However, it depends on my luck with the background check. So, until then...I'll be here, guys...Right beside you....

Adina

Sent to TSC on 05/01/06

PO 05/04/06
ND 06/02/06
FP 06/17/06

Interview????

KinSC,

Could you tell us when you got your interview notice? Also, if you are willing to share this information, which part of the state are you in? There is a huge different in the processing times of Charleston and Greer, and I'm wondering how they decide which cases get processed (or who gets sent for interviews) at one or the other location.

danagirl said:
KinSC,

Could you tell us when you got your interview notice? Also, if you are willing to share this information, which part of the state are you in? There is a huge different in the processing times of Charleston and Greer, and I'm wondering how they decide which cases get processed (or who gets sent for interviews) at one or the other location.
Dangirl,

I live in Fort Mill, York County,I wish I could have filed in NC. The Interview notice date was 7/7/06, with the interview coming a month later on 8/11/06.
The wait time in SC is frustrating, especial when just about every other state seems to be able to get this done in close to six months.

I'd had my GC for 10yrs I don't know if that makes any difference either?

K in SC

what's up with Charleston?

Check this out, according to the USCIS website, Charleston SC is now processing applications with the PD of september 20, 2003! Is that for real?????

...and Greer, Jan.22, 2006

Open the uscis.gov website and check the processing times link. They published a new Notice about this Regression issue.

Based on their notice, my understanding is that Greer is working on cases with a PD Jan 22, 2006. Just working on, doen't mean that they are completed. Charleston, on the other side, reports that has completed cases with PD Sept.22, 2003. This doesn't mean that they are not working on some other cases too. However, because is taking more than those 6 mo. that they promised as a goal, they are reporting whatever IS COMPLETED and not what is in processing. So, there are no cases pending older than Sept. 20, 2003. Greer though, looks like is within those 6 mo. so, they report the PD that they are actually working on...

So, guys, this is giving us a better picture of what is going on. Whatever is going to happen to us, cannot be worse than 3 years processing time...
Where exactly are our cases processed, we don't don't...So, I just give up...whatever happens, happens...

Adina

Sent to TSC on 05/01/06

PO 05/04/06
ND 06/02/06
FP 06/17/06

Interview????

Adina,

You are absolutely right. There's nothing to do but wait and see what happens. What's particulary confusing is that we are not entirely sure about the jurisdiction of the Greer and Charleston offices. To which cases does the Greer processing date apply which ones are subject to the Charleston date?

Hi Danagirl!

Your guess is good as mine...Greer should take care of the Upstate...Charleston of the rest...However, a friend of mine from here, Upstate, had his interview in Charleston....So, is no way of knowing who is doing what...
Maybe we should take an info pass for Greer's office and ask about this issue.
I will wait until Gree's time is close to my PD and then, I'll pay them a visit....

Hang in there!

Adina

Info Appointment

Today I spoke with the Charleston office about some general questions about filing my N400, but I also asked about their timelines. The agents response was very general, but she said that the processing times are suppose to improve in October. She also mentioned that some applications were processed elsewhere like i.e. Atlanta.

Has anyone moved temporarily to speed up your N400 process? If so please share your experience.

Waiting for better weather… :)

Nordicflyer

This just confirms our observation that we have no idea where our cases are actually getting processed. One hopeful scenario would be that Charleston is dealing with some backlogged cases and "normal" cases are going elsewhere. But we have no idea.....

As for moving residence temporarily, it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it depends on your circumstances and on how entrenched you are in your current location. For me, the indefinite wait in SC is very frustrating, but not bad enough to quit my job, sell my house, and uproot my family. And if you are thinking of doing anything less than a complete relocation, I would advise against it. It might be viewed as an attempt to mislead USCIS, the consequences of which will not be worth the possible benefits of being in a faster district.