N400 Timelines, San francisco - Sept 08 thread

Interview Report ...

I'd give full marks for customer service. They should give the airlines lessons.
On time ... took about 15 minutes.

Very pleasant attitude and a painless process. Don't expect the bad attitude you see at the airport coming in on a GC.

Feds at work .. they do it on paper not electronically so it costs them a fortune! Others have reported on the process but it's a bit silly on travel dates. They fumble with matching travel dates in the passport to what you reported. Doesn't give much confidence that they know electronically who is coming and going at the borders! Got bored with this pretty fast as I have maybe 150+ trips out of the country since 1982!

Parking hint would be to park in the Ferry Building lot at the foot of Washington and get a coffee an a validation at Peets ... $2.50 an hour for the first 2 hrs that way.

PD 10/15/08
FP notice date 10/28/08
FP Date 11/15/08 ... a saturday so easy to get to the city.
IL 12/29/08
ID 2/11/08

Congrats phil -

CONGRATS!!! Oath will be in oakland, make sure you reach 45 mins to hr earlier, no parking!!

It looks like that SF office is doing a fine job of moving the applications along the way as planned. I am still waiting for the oath letter which should be coming in at around the middle of March and the oath date may be on 4/15. I found these dates from Oakland Paramount Theater's website.

The interview was a smooth one even though it took a long time by going through every detail of things reported on N-400. Please make sure that to bring along all documents, like bank statements, IRS transcripts, lease, evidence of residence and so forth. People in that office are generally very friendly and helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
ID-OL Timing

Hi Onsen ... I guess you are right behind me. MY ID was 2/11.
I'll post when I get the OL. I applied a couple of weeks before you so it looks like it is a VERY linear process. From the other posts maybe a bit under a month from ID to OL.

I'm assuming you must be doing a marriage based 3 yr.

Mine wasn't, very long term resident. Didn't even have to take the English test Beyond looking at my most current passport (out of 3) for about 30 seconds she never asked for anything else.

No whining about pages of trip spreadsheets or ancient traffic tickets.
At least I have everything to hand now!

Just to add my experience in SF interview.

Sent Application 10/27/08
Finger Print Date 11/22/08
Interview Date 2/20/09
Oath Date: Still waiting (3/17, 4/1 or 4/15)

It looks like that SF office is doing a fine job of moving the applications along the way as planned. I am still waiting for the oath letter which should be coming in at around the middle of March and the oath date may be on 4/15. I found these dates from Oakland Paramount Theater's website.

The interview was a smooth one even though it took a long time by going through every detail of things reported on N-400. Please make sure that to bring along all documents, like bank statements, IRS transcripts, lease, evidence of residence and so forth. People in that office are generally very friendly and helpful.

Oath Dates ...

Thanks to Onsen for the hint on this .. for the google impaired here are the oath dates

U. S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services
Naturalization Ceremonies

Wednesday, March 4 @ 10:00 am
Tuesday, March 17 @ 10:00 am
Wednesday, April 1 @ 10:00 am
Wednesday, April 15 @ 10:00 am
Tuesday, May 5 @ 10:00 am
Wednesday, May 20 @ 10:00 am
Wednesday, June 3 @ 10:00 am
Wednesday, June 17 @ 10:00 am

Got the Oath Letter

Here are my statistics guys. Received the oath letter today. It’s a great day of my life.

At the interview, I had received an N-652 (with decision pending). It was a great relief to receive the oath letter today. Good luck to all you guys.

-immi3

Phil, it looks like that your OD will be on March 17. Hope you get your OL soon. Best of luck!

Congratulations?

Immi3 was it the congratulations box that was checked?
Assuming yes.

Thanks for the input ... sounds like mine should be here any day.

At the interview, I had received an N-652 (with decision pending). It was a great relief to receive the oath letter today. Good luck to all you guys.

-immi3

Interview to OL .. and the 800 number

Today was one month after a "congratulations" interview and no still no sign of a letter.

Took Bob Smyths advice and fibbed a bit on the 800 number to save everyone time and money on an Infopass.

The IO was very pleasant and said the letter was actually mailed today. Call took about one minute.

I think things must be pretty slow as when I looked at the Infopass schedule every day for the next week or so was pretty wide open! Even same day there was space!

I guess some files just sit longer than others in the pile and mine was at the bottom . At least not a lost in the mail problem to sort out!

I sent my N400 application overnight to Phoenix on March 17, 2009. Check has still not been cashed and no receipt, etc. Did anyone else have to wait this long for their check to be cashed? Should I follow up?