N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

OATH FOR SEPTEMBER 16th. Just got my Oath letter today. So everyone not 9th as I had thought I heard. God bless the Houstonians who are still working on their journey.. two weeks to go.

OATH FOR SEPTEMBER 16th. Just got my Oath letter today. So everyone not 9th as I had thought I heard. God bless the Houstonians who are still working on their journey.. two weeks to go.

Thanks for updating. Congratulations!

Be careful driving, don't get any tickets before the oath:D New traffice law is effective today in Texas, no cell phone in school zone, and every body should wear seat belt in the car or van.

@Nelsonyiga - woo hoo - congratulations!!! Glad it all finally worked out!!! Enjoy the Oath and yes, as tsc123102 said be good till then :)

@wiba2009 and @help2008 - I think its hit/miss with the FP reuse, I had mine done in July 2008 for I751, but they still made me redo them for N400. And no, you don't get the $80 back I saw from other people on another forum who had their FPs reused, the $80 becomes a fee to access the record :D

TexToBe: all the best with your interview and hope they let you take ur oath 2 days later, to get it out the way and get ur new passport.

Will do. thanx to everyone and I am still family even when Oath is done so we will be meeting and talking even more.

Thanks @wiba2009 - I'm really hoping that I would get the same Oath as nelsonyiga on the 16th too... seems I'm so impatient with this process even though its moving much faster than other of the previous steps to get to this point :D Really I should be more patient, given the years and years we all go through to get to this part :)

But then I wonder what the cut-off date for taking the Oath is for each month, part of me wonders if its the Friday before...

FP date when I am out of Country

I got my FP letter today Sep 3 with Notice date Aug 31, the appointment date is Sep 24, but it does not say that I can go anytime in the next 3 months like somebody told me in this forum, it says if I can not make it, just reschedule for the next available Wednesday or Saturday and it say in capital letters:

RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED BELOW OR FAIL TO REQUEST RESCHEDULING YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

I am going to be out of country but the date.

I am planing to walk-in tomorrow to sugarland tx Service center, My question are as folows:

1. Can I still walk-in and be accepted?,
2. It is a special day they accept walk-ins? it is better saturdays or tomorrow is OK?
3. What time Sugarland opens?
4. How long will be delay my process if I have to reschedule?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
Aug 14, 2009 NOA 1 – Notice Date-Aug 12 Prioity Date
Aug 31, 2009 NOA 2 - FP Notice Date - Received by mail and E-mail Sep 3
Sep 24, 2009 FP appt
____---, 2009 IL rec'd
____---, 20?? Interview date
____---, 20?? Oath Date

@Help2008 - you may have already tried the walk-in, since I just saw this message that you will go today. But definitely try (perhaps a lot of people are out of town for the long weekend, so that might make them quieter). Others on this thread walked in at Sugar Land, explained to the officer that they will be out of town (could show proof of travel etc) on the specific date, and were allowed in. If they don't accept you today, you can try again another day... just look a few pages back in the thread and you will see people's experiences... Hours are here https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...r.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.zipcode=77057 8am-4pm Tues-Sat

Help2008,

I had a very good experience with suglar Land, ASC (Voss / Highway 6) very friendly people I did mine also 2 weeks early then my original date. No issue.

TexToBe,
Here are my info in Houston forum.

Help2008

As mentioned, SugarLand ASC is very helpfull. I am sure you will have got this taken care by the time this is posted ;)
Not worth all the hassle in postponing the FP.
Furthermore, you can get the IL and ID preponed and done with earlier.
Best wishes!

Thanks, TexToBe, adilanis and houstonian for your comments, yes I had my FP today in the afternoon, but it was not too easy, I walked this morning 10 minutes before 8:00 AM, It was like 50 people in front of me, but the officer only let pass people who had appointment for 8:00 AM, the others including me had to wait apart, once they let pass everyone, the officer attended the others and me, she asked me why I was there, I explained to her my appointment was for Sep 24, and I was going to travel out of country and I would be back Sep 30, I showed her my airlines tickets, she said “well I can reschedule you, after you back, let me see…”, immediately I said “Can I have my FP today? She said “no”, “We have people coming 8, 9 10 and…. “ I said: “oh no” I think she saw my face so desperate that she said “ok come back at 2:00 PM but I do not guarantee we can do it today”. I got back 10 minutes before 2:00 PM, it was another officer, I did not said I was there in the morning, I just said the same “I was going to travel….” Showed my tickets, the officer said, “you can have your FP now there is few people”, I got only three people in front of me, and I get my FP in 5 minutes. Thank God!

That I learned is better doing it in the afternoon, and few minute before a specific any hour.

Well here is my updated data, Thanks everyone,

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
Aug 14, 2009 NOA 1 – Notice Date-Aug 12 Prioity Date
Aug 31, 2009 NOA 2 - FP Notice Date - Received by mail and E-mail Sep 3
Sep 04, 2009 FP done, early walk-in appointment was Sep 24
____---, 2009 IL rec'd
____---, 20?? Interview date
____---, 20?? Oath Date

Timeline Update

ONLINE CASE STATUS changes to CASE SENT to DO

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION
Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.
Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Spouse Case Approved and received Passport

Hi,

My wife had citizenship interview last friday 09/04/2009.It went pretty well,her experience is almost similar to mine.Please check the link for my interview experience.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=200119&page=27

She was scheduled for 9 AM interview but we reached around 8.30 and immediately they allowed her to take interview.by 8.45 AM we were waiting for Oath letter which we received by 9 AM.Her Oath date is Sept 16th.Looks like On friday's not many people. Also I applied for passport 8/27/2009 in reguler process received yesterday i.e 09/08/2009.Best of luck who are in the process of becoming citizens.

Hi,

My wife had citizenship interview last friday 09/04/2009.It went pretty well,her experience is almost similar to mine.Please check the link for my interview experience.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=200119&page=27

She was scheduled for 9 AM interview but we reached around 8.30 and immediately they allowed her to take interview.by 8.45 AM we were waiting for Oath letter which we received by 9 AM.Her Oath date is Sept 16th.Looks like On friday's not many people. Also I applied for passport 8/27/2009 in reguler process received yesterday i.e 09/08/2009.Best of luck who are in the process of becoming citizens.
Congratulations to you and your wife, the end of journey.
Mine still pending for unknown reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Krish10 - congratulations to your wife too! Wow - such an easy experience! I hope to get that too on Monday :) And the passport was fast too... Did they return your Cert of Naturalization also or are you still waiting for that?

@tsc123102 - hang in there - can't imagine what the problem is - but I think you'll be rescheduled soon...

@Krish10 - congratulations to your wife too! Wow - such an easy experience! I hope to get that too on Monday :) And the passport was fast too... Did they return your Cert of Naturalization also or are you still waiting for that?

@tsc123102 - hang in there - can't imagine what the problem is - but I think you'll be rescheduled soon...

Thanks tsc123102 and TexToBe. I received My passport, Passport card and Naturalization certificate together in One priority mail envelop.Best of luck.

best wishes

TexToBe-Wish you all the best for the 14th. :p
Have a fantastic weekend ;)