N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Yes, I had taken my 15 month old to the interview.

Thanks sg102 for the timely response, can you give any tips / share lessons learnt etc, based on your experience taking your kid, we have a 7 year old and a 17 month old.

Thanks again and best wishes with your Oath, you ll get it soon.

where is the oath letter from? from Houston office or service center?

Thanks

The thing is I got two oath letters...and one if from Houston DO and the other is from Mesquite Service Center. The one from Houston DO had a map to Berry Center.

Thanks. My interview was in middle of April and have not received the oath letter yet.

had my interview today, IO asked me for passport,DL and GC, then I was asked to sign in several places, that made me think that the IO was going to approve it as long as I did not mess up, and mess up I did not, then he asked 10 questions, it was more like rapid round, then talked through the N400, very professional and courteous, ticked passed and congrats and told me to expect oath letter for Jul. It was quick and smooth

N400 Mar 1
FP Apr 5
ID May 15

And yes kids are allowed, no problem at all.

Thanks guys for all the valuable information, I am sure I benefited from it.
I hope my information will help others.

on my N-445 Oath ceremony letter it says on things to bring:

letter
resident card
reentry permit
any immigration documents you may have.
other

Just to add to the statistics:
My timeline in Houston:

N-400 received 02/13/2007
Fingerprints 03/15/2007
??

I see there are people here who sent their applications later and who are already past the interview.
Does it mean I am heading towards "name check problem"? Or am I too paranoid?

Anybody else has recieved the Oath letter? Does anybody know how they sent them? Do they go in order of the interwievs dates or alphabeticly? My interwiev was March 26 and I have not recieved anything yet.:(

Dual citizenship

My country does not allow to have dual citizenship (I could have both if I would be married with us citizen, which I am not) and I was wondering how they will know that I become us citizen. Will U.S. ambassy contact my countrie's ambassy or will I get some kind of stamp to my passport? Does anyone know how it works? Thank you.

US authorities would not contact your ambassy, put stamp in your passport or do anything like that. They just do not care.
As far as I understand the only trouble is when you start to deal with your ambassy or travel to your home country and the moment comes when they ask you to produce a document which allows you to be in US.
For example when you want to change your passport in your ambassy in US or when you leave your country to go to US they coulsd ask you about your visa or greencard which would allow you to enter and stay in US legally.
I heard of somebody who pretended to lose his greencard before taking american citizenship (they take it from you on the day of oath) in order to be able to show it to his ambassy (not airports of course!) in such cases (there is not much communication betwen different countrries bureocracies on that matter). But I personally would not do it..

Interview Houston

I had my interview today (06/04) in Houston. My case wasn't an easy one because of prolonged time outside of US. On one occasion I was out of the country for 11 months. In the beginning I thought that I would not make through the interview as the officer started up front by questioning time in and out of the country and said that I would need to give him a very good explanation for my absenses. The interview took 50 minutes, he went to the supervisor twice, but a long story short he made me sign the N-400, put stamp approved, and handed me N-652 with a mark recommended for approval. Although, he mentioned that another officer would review my application as part of a standard quality control process.
Again advice from this site had helped, a turning point in the interview was when the officer requested tax transcripts for 5 years and guess what I had them ready...
Civic questions, reading/writing was very easy - nothing to worry about if you study.
Still there is a bit of uncertainty in my case, but I am optimistic, feel much better than before the interview, and look forward to my oath letter. I was told that they are now processing applications for August 15th ceremony in Houston...

I have FP scheduled June 16 Saturday morning at 9:00AM Houston 10555 NW freeway. Since I am taking my son to San Antonio that morning, I was wondering if they will let me bring my 8 year old boy into the building. Anybody has experience? Is Saturday morning a busy time there? Thanks!!!