11/14/06 - N-400 mailed
12/15/06 - FP
12/30/06 - IV Letter
01/29/07 - IV Appt
_______ - Oath Letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapin have you gotten oath letter yet?
Anybody else besides nf777?

Whats happening at Houston DO? They on a break?

dont want this thread to disappear into the ether.......

aspiring houston citizens please keep the info coming yall!

hi ozone,
looks like no one is visiting this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it has been four months now that my FP are done, and i am still waiting for IL,
is it normal or i need to something???

It looks like the Houston DO is shifting from the procedure it had about a year ago. Looks like they are trying to eliminate the waiting period after the interview (the name check waiting period), and are scheduling the interview after the name check has been done. There have been exceptions but that seems to be the general trend these days.

On another note, this forum has been very useful to all the applicants including myself and it is very important that it should be kept alive and experiences should be shared. People who are getting their interview these days should share their experiences in detail in order to help future applicants.
All the best to all..........

thank you sys2006 and gcarder.

gcarder we got our IL 2 weeks after FP, FP was on 1/10/2007,
interview 2/15/2007, so your wait time seems unusual for
Houston DO, but who knows what goes on at uscis? Have
you tried INFOPASS?

Yes not only share interview experiences but also oath experiences,
please............

This forum was very useful during my GC process and I am hoping it will be
this time around.............

Since no one seems to be posting on the San Antonio/Austin threads, I figured I'd come here for a while since you are my step brothers/sisters from the TSC :) and this thread sees a lot more action:

For those of you who are waiting for oath, what's your take on the Supervisor check after you have passed the int? I was told by my IO (and have heard others here say the same) that all cases go to a supervisor to get checked for final approval even if you get the check box checked on the N-652 that says "Congratulations! You have been recommended for approval....". I guess I am a little concerned because we have not heard back from them since our interviews and cannot understand why it's taking them this long to get back to us since there are oaths in SA every month!! Also, during my int., I asked the IO to see if she could request that my wife and I have the same oath dates and so she put a little yellow sticky on my file with my wife's A# and something in her handwriting (supposedly about scheduling the same oath dates). Could this screw up our case in any way? I guess with USCIS, you never know.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

I have read somewhere that they normally send out oath letters
2 weeks prior to the ceremony. What I want to know is what the oath
schedule is? If folks attending the interview in the near future could
enquire and post oath dates that would be swell!!

So Far the schedule is
March 21, 2007

Time LIne

Hello, this is my time line in Houston.
11/18/06 - N400 filed
12/20/06 - FP
01/10/07 - Interview letter
02/05/07 - Interview app. - rescheduled
02/18/07 - Interview letter
03/20/07 - Interview app.
??? - Oath Letter
??? - Oath

I just passed the interview today. The test was pretty easy. I had to answer 10 questions (no options,orally)and write one sentence. I was little worried when they started asking me about my spouse a lot, he is here illegally... The lady, immigration officer was pretty tought. But I passed and cannot wait for Oath Ceremony.
They told me that Oath on 21 March is already closed so I have to wait for the next one (probably next month), I should recieve a letter. Does anybody know when is the next ceremony?
Thanks. And good luck to all of you.

Hi, folks,

I met a woman during my infopass at Houston Do while she was trying to reschedule her oath with the IO because she got her oath letter the same day her oath was scheduled. Watch yours!

... I was little worried when they started asking me about my spouse a lot, he is here illegally... ....

I am a little curious about this for none other than the simple fact that you have to mention your spouse's SSN in the N-400. If he's illegal then does he have an SSN? If so, then you're okay, if not, how did the IO not bring that up, since it would be an incomplete application...

Just curious.

oath ceremony

Hi,

I had my oath ceremony today. I got there 20 min late, but wasn't a problem. Everything went very smooth. They took my GC and verified my certificate information. The ceremony started at 10:00 am and I picked up my certificate by 11:10 am. I think they mentioned 2134 applicants from 116 countries were naturalized today.

My journey is over. I wish you all the best. This forum helped me a lot, I think it's important to keep it alive.

Here is my timeline:

PD 29/11/2006
FP 04/01/2007
Interview 12/02/2007
Oath 21/03/2007

Man, this is disappointing. Do you think my oath letter got lost in the mail or do you think they closed it with late December applicants? My interview was in late January.

thank you sys2006 and gcarder.

gcarder we got our IL 2 weeks after FP, FP was on 1/10/2007,
interview 2/15/2007, so your wait time seems unusual for
Houston DO, but who knows what goes on at uscis? Have
you tried INFOPASS?

Yes not only share interview experiences but also oath experiences,
please............

This forum was very useful during my GC process and I am hoping it will be
this time around.............

ozone thanks for reply,
after reading the posts of the members who have the same kind of problem, i think i should wait at least 6 months i.e. two more months for the IL.
let see what happens. thanks again.