N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Oath

Oath experience was quite routine and similar to those recounted here before. In all 1875 people from 109 countries took oath. Overall quite an orderly process, considering the numbers.

About the new location: Berry Center is way out there, unless you are from west side of town. They could have stagerred arrivals i/o asking everyone to show up at 7 a.m. And the rain did not help. Traffic was chaotic, specially on departure.

My journey is over :) . I wish all the folks the same.

Citi2007 said:
Oath experience was quite routine and similar to those recounted here before. In all 1875 people from 109 countries took oath. Overall quite an orderly process, considering the numbers.

About the new location: Berry Center is way out there, unless you are from west side of town. They could have stagerred arrivals i/o asking everyone to show up at 7 a.m. And the rain did not help. Traffic was chaotic, specially on departure.

Congrats, enjoy your new citizenship!!!

Citi2007 said:

Congrats.. This is similar to my experience at the previous one on 11/15 on Aldine-Bender. They had close to 2500 people getting citizenships at that one. Traffic was ugly leaving from there. The new location is better for me since I live in Katy. Hopefully we receive my wife's letter soon for the 3/21 oath

Hi, friends,

We have so many people with PDs in December. Have any of you received your ILs?

Let's share our experience.

Timeline for Houston, TX

Hi folks. I'm posting my timeline for the Houston, TX office:

Priority Date: 10/18/06
Fingerprinting: 11/15/06
Interview: 12/13/06
Oath Letter Rec'd: 12/30/06
Oath Ceremony : 1/24/07.

Almost 4 months, Houston rocks!
Feels real good to be an American Citizen.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.
Good luck to you all!

updated timeline

My Houston updated timeline N-400
PD: 12/04/06
FP: 01/10/07
IL: 01/27/07
Interview: 02/26/07

Last edited by a moderator:
We need some activity in here :) So anyone got scheduled yet for the 3/21 oath? Any hint during an interview about the upcoming oath ceremonies schedule for 2007?

Timeline:

11/14/06 - N-400 mailed
12/15/06 - FP
12/30/06 - IV Letter
01/29/07 - IV Appt

Interview was at 9:40; called back at 10:45 (starting to get worried!) Five civics questions, quick review of application, writing test. Gave me form stating that I passed the tests and that I would get a letter in the mail (did not check A or B boxes). I'm not sure what that means in terms of oath date. The interviewer said I'd get a letter, but didn't say anything about name checks. Should I expect to take the oath fairly soon?

Written or oral civics test?

Chapin, I am trying to get a feel how the civics tests are done. I am scheduled for 2/26. Where those 5 questions written and multiple choice? I wonder if all get the same format here in Houston or does it differe by officer. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Had my Interview Yesterday

I had my interview yesterday , was scheduled @ 10.00 a.m . I was there @ 9.15 , the interviewer called me in @ 10.45 & she said I will ask u civics questions orally & asked 10 questions & verified the N-400 form & asked few (general) questions asked me to read a sentence & write a sentence . Finally she gave me a paper which mentioned that I passed the test civics & written. and the other column which was cheked (congratulations ! Your application has been recommended for approval ) and said I will get a letter by mail for the oath & it might be in March or May she said & she gave me the directions to the ceremony .The interviewer didnot tell me whether my namecheck is done or not. It took only 10 mins for the interview . I was out by 10.55 or so .

Waiting for the oath letter.

My timeline :
PD:11/18/06
FP Letter :12/06/06
FP: 12/08/06
IL: 12/26/06
Interview: 01/30/07

imm1993 said:
Chapin, I am trying to get a feel how the civics tests are done. I am scheduled for 2/26. Where those 5 questions written and multiple choice? I wonder if all get the same format here in Houston or does it differe by officer. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

The five questions were oral. He said he was going to ask 10, but the first 5 were pretty tough and I guess he figured I knew enough after I got all of those right. He asked me to write one sentence.

imm1993 said:

I think it depends on the interviewer some of them they ask 6 questions & stop if all the answers were right , but in my case she asked me all 10 there are different set of questions in each sheet the questions asked for me were different than the questions which she had on the table . We could see clearly . & one of my friend had his interview on 29th his experience was completely different . They asked 2 questions orally & gave him a paper which had multiple choice only the answers were there & the interviewer was asking the questions & its just he had to mark the right answer & asked him to read a sentence & write one sentence .
So it all depends on the person who interviews u . & don't worry if u are through with all the civics questions thats enough .
Even I was very scared untill I had my interview. I was in & out with in 10 mins .

imm1993 said:

imm1993: The basic idea about the civic test is that you should know the answers to the 100 sample questions. The different formats of question that have been heard are: Multiple choice, oral, fill in the blanks or a mixture of these. Usually 6 or 7 correct answers are considered good for passing. It is really upto the Immigration Officer as to what format he or she decides for your test. My advise: Go through the 100 sample test several times, narrow down the tough questions and do extra on these questions. and dont worry, the interview will go so fast that you will wonder, is it finished. Good luck.........and keep posted....

imm1993 said:

Thank you all for your help!!! I think I will ok...I was mainly asking for my mother since I wanted to give her a better idea of what to expect. Being that she is been here for while and is > 50 she will have the option on taking the test in spanish.

Thanks again!

houston2007 said:
I had my interview yesterday , was scheduled @ 10.00 a.m . I was there @ 9.15 , the interviewer called me in @ 10.45 & she said I will ask u civics questions orally & asked 10 questions & verified the N-400 form & asked few (general) questions asked me to read a sentence & write a sentence . Finally she gave me a paper which mentioned that I passed the test civics & written. and the other column which was cheked (congratulations ! Your application has been recommended for approval ) and said I will get a letter by mail for the oath & it might be in March or May she said & she gave me the directions to the ceremony .The interviewer didnot tell me whether my namecheck is done or not. It took only 10 mins for the interview . I was out by 10.55 or so .

Waiting for the oath letter.

My timeline :
PD:11/18/06
FP Letter :12/06/06
FP: 12/08/06
IL: 12/26/06
Interview: 01/30/07

Does anybody know when is the May oath in Houston DO? Or maybe it is too soon to know it now?

Hey,

Does anybody in Houston DO with a PD after Dec. 10 got the IL? It looks like Houston DO is slowing down.

citi07 said:
Does anybody know when is the May oath in Houston DO? Or maybe it is too soon to know it now?

We have no confirmation so far for the date of the March oath let alone the May one :rolleyes: . One post some time ago mentioned the 3/21 date. No one yet has reported receiving an oath letter for that 3/21 oath. My wife had her interview on 1/4 but no oath letter yet.

We have been trying to schedule a summer vacation overseas and buy tickets in advance but the unknown oath dates are making it hard. Houston DO used to publish the oath dates for the whole year but not any more.

Hi,

I had my interview today. Nothing unexpected. The next oath date is March 21 and they will send out letters two weeks prior to the date.