N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

I went for my fingerprints today in Houston. Wish I had gotten a better time than noon for my appointment. I thought I was going to be in and out...but I suppose due to lunch scheduling it took me like 2 hrs to complete since the people were taking lunch so there was not full staff during that time period.

Don't forget to leave your cell phones in the car!

timeline --- Houston DO

Hi, nf777, imm1993,

Our FP dates are very close. Let's help each other to watch the arrivals of our ILs. My timeline is as follows:

PD: Dec. 28
FP notice: Dec. 29 (received Jan. 8)
FD: Jan. 10 (done today)
IL: ???

My receipt notice says that my interview should be scheduled within 90 days.

If anybody else has almost the same timeline, please post here. Thank you.

How long does the interview take?

A couple of questions:

1- How long is the naturalization interview?
2- Is the Houston DO very crowded?

My updated timeline:

PD: 11/29/06
FP Letter: 12/26/06
FP: 01/04/07
IL: 01/16/07 (notice date 01/08/07)
Interview: 02/12/07

Hi, nf777,

Is your interview scheduled at the same place as you did your FP, that is, 10555 building next to Highway 290 (10555 NW Freeway)?

Let us know how your interview goes after your interview, especially more details about your exams (oral or written)?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me their interview experience ?

I have my interview on 30 of this month . I want to know how the interview will be ?
My timeline :

PD:11/18/06
FP Letter :12/06/06
FP: 12/08/06
IL: 12/26/06
Interview: 01/30/07

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's another place, 126 Northpoint Dr.

citi07 said:
Hi, nf777,

Is your interview scheduled at the same place as you did your FP, that is, 10555 building next to Highway 290 (10555 NW Freeway)?

Let us know how your interview goes after your interview, especially more details about your exams (oral or written)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, friends,

How often does the oath ceremony take place? It looks like it doesn't happen every month. For example, there is one on Jan., Mar, and June separately, but we don't have anything on Feb., April, and May.

Is there a URL that the oath ceremony dates are posted on? Or where could we find such a schedule?

citi07 said:
Hi, friends,

How often does the oath ceremony take place? It looks like it doesn't happen every month. For example, there is one on Jan., Mar, and June separately, but we don't have anything on Feb., April, and May.

Is there a URL that the oath ceremony dates are posted on? Or where could we find such a schedule?

Well, of course, I am asking about the situation on Houston DO. Thanks.

citi07 said:
Well, of course, I am asking about the situation on Houston DO. Thanks.

There is an oath ceremony approximately every 2 months. Till last year, the dates of the upcoming ceremonies for the current year where posted on USCIS site under Houston DO info. However, since the update to the site layout, this info isn't there any more or I cannot find it.

link for USCIS site with Houston DO info

Alex_I said:
There is an oath ceremony approximately every 2 months. Till last year, the dates of the upcoming ceremonies for the current year where posted on USCIS site under Houston DO info. However, since the update to the site layout, this info isn't there any more or I cannot find it.

Could you please post the link for USCIS site with Houston DO info? Thank you.

Houston DO no longer shows oath dates

The new Houston DO website has no oath dates. Has anybody received an oath letter for March? If so, what day?

Update my neighborhood case for N-400:
PD: 09/08/2006
FP: 09/23/2006
IL: 01/16/2007
ID: 02/13/2007
Notice of IL on 01/10/2007, online case disappered on 01/12/2007.

Citi2007 said:
its_me_73 & Alex_I : You folks ready for D-day?

My wife didn't get an oath letter for the 1/24 oath although she passed her interview on 1/4. So we are hoping now for the 3/21 oath. I had my own oath last November. So you guys have all the fun you can on Wednesday and keep us updated about the new oath facility.

Alex_I said:
My wife didn't get an oath letter for the 1/24 oath although she passed her interview on 1/4. So we are hoping now for the 3/21 oath. I had my own oath last November. So you guys have all the fun you can on Wednesday and keep us updated about the new oath facility.

Didn't know that. I had to wait for two months myself. Anyway, good luck!

Here is my timeline.

PD: 12/12/06
FP Letter: 12/20/06
FP: 01/02/07
IL: ????
Interview: ????

I have seen a couple of encouraging posts from people in Houston when IL was received in less than a month, so, keeping my fingers crossed, I hope that I will also get IL rather sooner than later...will update if anything changes on my case.