N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Citi2007 said:
Wife's oath letter recd yesterday. Waiting on mine.

Citi2007, is it for the 01/24/07 Oath? It seems that they are sending the oath letter long in advance this time (6 weeks). I hope you get yours soon.

My wife has her interview on 01/04 so I hope that all goes fine in the interview.

Alex_I : Yes, the oath is for 1/24/07.

Good luck to your wife. Don't worry, my impression is that the IO's in Houston are quite good.

Oath letter

Citi2007 said:
Alex_I : Yes, the oath is for 1/24/07.

Good luck to your wife. Don't worry, my impression is that the IO's in Houston are quite good.

I received my oath letter yesterday for 1/24.

Pending Name Check

We (myself and wife) applied for CS with the following timelines:

03/13/06 - N-400
04/01/06 - Receipt Notices PD 03/16/06
04/01/06 - FP Notice for 04/07/06
04/01/06- Notice for Fingerprinting received.
04/07/06 - Fingerprinting done.
04/20/06- IL for Interview on 05/18/06.
05/18/06 - Interview passed by both of us. :)

However, we have been waiting eversince due to Notorious Name Check procedure. Have contacted USCIS three times (1-800) and one time using INFOPASS (11/24/06). Still same thing. :(

Anyone in the similar situation? Any suggestions to expedite it? We have to make urgent trip out of country for about 3-4 months due to family sickness but can not because we do not want to miss long awaited Oath Letter.

Please suggest.

Thank you very much.

To wait or not to wait...That is the question

waitingforcs: Based on your timeline (specifically the lapsed time since successful completion of your interview) it appears that you might have the option to initiate a lawsuit. There is sticky on this forum that will give you lots of information and could be helpful -
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Disclaimer: Please use the above info at your own risk & seek proper legal counsel for you specific case/situation.

Hi,
This is my timeline:
PD: 11/29/06
FP Letter: 12/26/06 and 12/30/06 ( I received two letters !!)
FP: 01/04/07

Citi2007 said:
waitingforcs: Based on your timeline (specifically the lapsed time since successful completion of your interview) it appears that you might have the option to initiate a lawsuit. There is sticky on this forum that will give you lots of information and could be helpful -
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Disclaimer: Please use the above info at your own risk & seek proper legal counsel for you specific case/situation.

Thanks for your input Citi2007. I am thinking of this option as well. Do you think I would need a lawyer for it? Thanks for the link.

Just to update the timelines, my wife passed her interview today. However, she wasn't given the oath letter right away. I think it's because the oath is still 20 days away. In my case I had my intreview on 11/2/06 and the oath was on 11/15/06 so I got the oath letter 2 hours after finishing the interview.

I hope she can make it to the 1/24 oath.

Does anyone have any information on the following oath dates? The oaths are administered at the Berry Center http://www.berrycenter.net/home.html However, their website doesn't show the schedule of upcoming events.

I was interested in knowing the dates so we can arrange for summer vacation accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband just went and there was no pilot test. He also went 30mins early. He was done in 10 minutes. He said it was kind of hard to find the place.

Please note this FP should be for citizenship, instead of GC. Thanks.

nf777, how is your experience?

No pilot test for me. Everything went very smoothly. First I filled out a form, then waited for 10 min and then the fingerprinting. After that they gave me a booklet of civic questions. In and out in less than 20 min.

nf777 said:
No pilot test for me. Everything went very smoothly. First I filled out a form, then waited for 10 min and then the fingerprinting. After that they gave me a booklet of civic questions. In and out in less than 20 min.

Hey nf777, I was confused for some reason I thought the Civics part came with the interview. I have my fingerprint appointment tomorrow. Also do you know if all get the Civics portion in written form? My mom has her fingerprint appt on this Thurs and she prefers written.

My timeline
N-400: 12/04/06
FP: 01/10/07

imm1993 said:
Hey nf777, I was confused for some reason I thought the Civics part came with the interview. I have my fingerprint appointment tomorrow. Also do you know if all get the Civics portion in written form? My mom has her fingerprint appt on this Thurs and she prefers written.

My timeline
N-400: 12/04/06
FP: 01/10/07

So sorry about the confusion. It's just a booklet of questions to get ready for the interview, you can also download it from the USCIS website. No civic questions during fingerprinting. Sorry again.
I don't know if it comes in written form or not.

nf777 said:
So sorry about the confusion. It's just a booklet of questions to get ready for the interview, you can also download it from the USCIS website. No civic questions during fingerprinting. Sorry again.
I don't know if it comes in written form or not.

Thanks nf777 for the quick reply!! which FP office did you go to? I have mine at 10555 Northwest Freeway. I figure there are many around town.

imm1993 said:
Thanks nf777 for the quick reply!! which FP office did you go to? I have mine at 10555 Northwest Freeway. I figure there are many around town.

The same office. Good luck.