N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Congatulations !!!

Alex_I said:
I had my interview this morning. I arrived there 50 minutes before the interview time (8:40) and only waited 10 minutes before being called for the interview.

Interview went fine. Took about 15 minutes will all the normal procedures.

At the end I got a lovely surprise which was that I was told that I will be scheduled for the Nov. 15th oath. So I had to go back and wait in the waiting area. I waited for a little over 2 hours and got my oath letter. I saw that happening in other DO's but don't recall hearing about it in Houston.

So it's coming close to the end of my immigration process that started in 1991 with F1 visa, OPT, 2 H1B's, and then GC.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully my wife's case move a bit faster

Self
PD: 5/1/06
FP: 6/7/06
Status disappeared: 10/2/06
IL received: 10/6/06
ID: 11/2
Oath: 11/15

Wife
PD: 8/11/06
FP: 9/9/06

CONGRATULATIONS !!! That must have been a really good surprise !

Good luck with your wife's case as well.

Citi2007 said:
CONGRATULATIONS !!! That must have been a really good surprise !

Good luck with your wife's case as well.

Thanks. Hopefully all goes well with your IV's. Is it same date for both you and your wife?

Alex,
Were you informed that your case has disappeared or did you do anything special to enquire about it and get it re-instated. Me & wife applied on the 21st of July. While my wifes oath is I guess on the 15th I havent even received my letter. Any info will be helpful.
Regards
Ravi

ravipaami said:
Alex,
Were you informed that your case has disappeared or did you do anything special to enquire about it and get it re-instated. Me & wife applied on the 21st of July. While my wifes oath is I guess on the 15th I havent even received my letter. Any info will be helpful.
Regards
Ravi

By "disappeared" I mean that when you check your case status online, it gives you the message that your case number is not in the system. Normally, when you are waiting to receive the interview letter your case status would be showing online. When the interview letter is issued by the service center, your file gets transferred to the local district office and at that time your online status disappears. So it's a good indication when that happens and it will mean that the IL should arrive soon. This is true with more than 95% of the cases but it's not a sure thing.

Alex_I said:
I had my interview this morning. I arrived there 50 minutes before the interview time (8:40) and only waited 10 minutes before being called for the interview.

Interview went fine. Took about 15 minutes will all the normal procedures.

At the end I got a lovely surprise which was that I was told that I will be scheduled for the Nov. 15th oath. So I had to go back and wait in the waiting area. I waited for a little over 2 hours and got my oath letter. I saw that happening in other DO's but don't recall hearing about it in Houston.

So it's coming close to the end of my immigration process that started in 1991 with F1 visa, OPT, 2 H1B's, and then GC.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully my wife's case move a bit faster

Self
ID: 11/2
Oath: 11/15

Wife
Congratulation, Alex I! 6 months passed and you finally got it, I really feel happy for you! I hope I will finally be the luckly one, too. Good wish on your wife's case and all Houston folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
LKBECTZ said:
Congratulation, Alex I! 6 months passed and you finally got it, I really feel happy for you! I hope I will finally be the luckly one, too. Good wish on your wife's case and all Houston folks.

Thanks LKBECTZ. I hope you get your IL soon. I had a feeling that 4 months since FP is kind of a magic number for clearing the name check if you ain't one of the lucky ones that get their names to clear fast. I see that you are slightly past the 4 months mark so I hope you won't have to wait much longer.

It has been quite here lately. Anyone knows the oath dates for 2007? It seems that after the USCIS web design, oath dates are not listed any more.

Alex_I: Everyone is preparing for the big OATH day tomorrow, I suppose ! ;)

Many other D.O.'s did not have specific oath dates listed in the past either. For Houston, 2007 is going to be a ? Since there were no dates in December, I would expect one in early to mid-Jan.

Citi2007 said:
Alex_I: Everyone is preparing for the big OATH day tomorrow, I suppose ! ;)

Many other D.O.'s did not have specific oath dates listed in the past either. For Houston, 2007 is going to be a ? Since there were no dates in December, I would expect one in early to mid-Jan.

Well, guys I had my inteview yesterday. It was a non-event. Did not ask to see any documents. Just rechecked what I filled in the N-400 and asked those civic questions. Probably the oath would be in Jan. The IO did not know the oath dates for next year. Thanks for all your feedback. Good luck!!

its_me_73 said:
Well, guys I had my inteview yesterday. It was a non-event. Did not ask to see any documents. Just rechecked what I filled in the N-400 and asked those civic questions. Probably the oath would be in Jan. The IO did not know the oath dates for next year. Thanks for all your feedback. Good luck!!

Congrats. Hopefully your oath letter will arrive soon.

I had my oath yesterday. The oath letter had the time at 7:30am. I arrived 10 minutes late since the traffic was ugly. It took me 1.5 hours to arrive from Katy on the Beltway 8. Anyways, that's not an issue since there were huge lines when I arrived there. It took me about 30 minutes to get to the table where I dropped my oath letter and GC and checked the spelling in the Natz certificate and got a colored paper slip with my A# on it and went to have a seat. It was about 8:15 by that time. People were still coming in till after 9:00. The ceremony started at 10 and lasted 30 minutes. It took me 30 minutes to pick up my certificate and I was on way back just around 11:30 or so. Phones, cameras, camcorders,.. are allowed in there.

Interview done today

Had my interview today. Quite routine - no additional documents requested at all. IO did not even open my passport! I added one trip to the list since my original application. Was asked the 10 civic questions orally and was done after signing the form, photos etc. In and out in 12 minutes.
Few notes about the oath-
-location has been moved to Berry Edu. Support Center in Cypress, TX
-oath date is 1/24/07 and letter can be expected 2 weeks prior

Wife had same experience (different IO), but passport was checked for all trips. She asked about oath date and was merely told that the details would be in the letter.

Now to wait for another 2 months...<sigh>

Citi2007 said:
Had my interview today. Quite routine - no additional documents requested at all. IO did not even open my passport! I added one trip to the list since my original application. Was asked the 10 civic questions orally and was done after signing the form, photos etc. In and out in 12 minutes.

Wife had same experience (different IO), but passport was checked for all trips. She asked about oath date and was merely told that the details would be in the letter.

Congratulations and thanks to all of you guys. Hmm..it looks like that would be my oath date too. Do let me know when you receive your oath letter.

Citi2007 said:

Citi2007, congrats on your interview. I hope you get the oath letter soon if you haven't received it yet.

We got a nice surprise on Tuesday as my wife received her IL for a 01/04/07 interview date. Her status is still showing online and last update date has not changed from the date back in August!!

Here is the latest time line update

Self
ID: 11/2/06
Oath: 11/15/06
Passport applied (Regular): 11/16/06
Passport received: 12/07/06 (3 weeks exactly)

Wife
Status disappeared: Nope!!!
IL received: 12/5/06
ID: 1/4/07